Sonoma Travel Answers

change location

Help Plan My Honeymoon

by mychells Online Now Dec 5, 2005 at 5:56 PM

Hi all. My fiance and i would love to go to sonoma for our honeymoon.
But we have no idea where to begin.
we know we have to fly into San Francisco.
but we would like to see fishermans wharf, alcatraz, and travel down pacific coast hwy as well as tour some of the wineries.
can anyone recommend what would be the best way of doing this?
where should we stay?

any help or guidance would be GREATLY appreciatd

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Help Plan My Honeymoon

by kalutd Online Now Jul 27, 2006 at 6:09 AM

I'm in the same boat...we're going to be going to SF and then to Sonoma on our honeymoon this November, so I'll share what I've gathered so far, then maybe we could exchange info as we both get some????? just a thought.

A good freind of mine lived in SF for a couple years (a few years ago) and goes back to visit friends often. According to him he HIGHLY recommends staying someplace in the Financial District. He said Fisherman's Wharf was nice, but it's literally an "up hill" walk from there to all the other cool places. My future wife and I are staying at the Hilton-Financial District. My friend said it's a perfect location, right across the street from Chinatown, a couple blocks from Little Italy, the theatres, the nightlife and a mile or so from the wharf, touristy stuff, etc. So you may want to check that out??

We are only staying in SF for 3 days, which he said would be plenty, but you could have a good time for a week. After that we're driving to Sonoma for a week and doing th wine thing. THAT'S where I'm over-burdened with info...I've yet to set up reservations or settle on a place there. Do you have any suggs or info about Sonoma???

hope this helped....k.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Help Plan My Honeymoon

by kalutd Online Now Jul 27, 2006 at 6:11 AM

oh duh, sorry, you wanted info on Sonoma only.........that's what I get for doing several things at once!!

well, i've found a few places that seem nice, but it's apparently very expensive, or very cheap....Sonoma Mission Inn, McArthur Place and The Gaige House are the frontrunners.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines