Songkhla

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Beautyland Patong

Phuket Apr 9, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Has anyone been to Beautyland Patong recently? I have been searching for it but no one seems to know where it is other than going into Phuket Town.

more
    • ankurvohra13's Profile Photo

Phuket in April

Phuket Mar 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I would be in phuket for 5 days from 18th april would anybody would be there in phuket just send me a message.

more
    • lalula82's Profile Photo

phuket in april

Phuket Mar 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Any one heading to phuket on April 19th? Catch up for walks, shopping

more
    • mariahc1's Profile Photo

about a holiday to Phuket

Phuket 6 hours ago

Hello, my husband and I are planning to spend a week in Phuket in July. I have a few questions to ask and I would appreciate early answers so I can book our tickets:-)

1. We found the trip through a travel agency but it cost 1000 euros more than if we book it on our own. Is it that difficult to do that without a group and a guide? (I don't think so but anyway).
      2. What about visas to Thailand? How do we arrange that?
      3. Do we have to go to Bangkok and then to Phuket? We found a cheap ticket (stop at Jordan and then to Phuket straight). Isn't it better?
      4. The airport is close to which beach? I realize that there are various beaches (depending on your taste). Which one is closer to the airport? Or is that a trivial matter?
      5. Is going to the other islands expensive? Is food expensive? I mean, as a holiday in general, does it require a lot of pocket money? We want to see the islands and do activities but not to shop.

Well, I hope I haven't forgotten anything. If I do, I'll post some more questions :-)
      Thank you for your time.

Maria

more
    • transport from airport at night

Phuket Yesterday

hi! im flying into Phuket at 9:05 pm and I have made a booking for that night at,Citin Plaza Patong Hotel and Spa
      Address: 34/50-57, Prachanukhro Road, Kathu , and im just wondering what would be the best way to get there at that time of night without being scammed?

more
    • Where to watch football!?

Ko Phangan Apr 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi I'm staying in Mae haad for 4 days, just need to know if anyone knows of any bars nearby that show English football?

more
    • Safe swimming in October

Phuket Mar 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Which beaches are safe to swim in during the last week of October?
      Can anyone recommend a good snorkelling site at this time of the year?
      Thanking you in anticipation.

more
    • Accommodation

Ko Samui Mar 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I am looking for accommodation for 13 to stay for 10/11 days can anyone help with some places

more
    • h4pp1's Profile Photo

secret cliff resort vs villa

Phuket Mar 20, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Helloooo guys,
      Is secret cliff resort n secret cliff villa at different location or just across d'road ?
      Which one is d'best in term of bugdet n location?
      Thx

more
    • How do you buy tickets for a Kick Boxing event?

Ko Samui 14 hours ago

Can someone recommend an online link to buy tickets in advance? We are visiting for only 5 days this summer July 15 - 20th and we wanted to see this.

more
    • Travelling with young kids

Phuket Apr 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Hello all. This trip we are taking our two young children (5 & 6yo). What activities, day trips, sights would you recommend? Any other tips appreciated.
      Thanks!

more
    • sdq's Profile Photo

Where to find halal Muslim food in Phuket ?

Phuket Apr 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Where to find halal Muslim food in Phuket near Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort and Villas Laguna Village Residence 3, House No. 116/13, Moo 6, T.Cherngtalay A.Talang, Bang Thao / Laguna, Area or do I have to bring frozen or canned food with me.

more
    • Minivan Hat Yai - Phuket

Hat Yai Mar 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Hi, We are in a group of 9ppl planning to go to Phuket via KTM and stop at Hatyai. I want to know do I need to book in advance the minivan for Hatyai-Phuket? Book it from travel agent?

more
    • EvelynC6's Profile Photo

transport from hatyai airport to hotel

Hat Yai Mar 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM

is there any transport from hatyai airport to golden crown hotel at songkla, hatyai downtown??

more
    • mariahc1's Profile Photo

about a holiday to Phuket

Phuket 6 hours ago

Hello, my husband and I are planning to spend a week in Phuket in July. I have a few questions to ask and I would appreciate early answers so I can book our tickets:-)

1. We found the trip through a travel agency but it cost 1000 euros more than if we book it on our own. Is it that difficult to do that without a group and a guide? (I don't think so but anyway).
      2. What about visas to Thailand? How do we arrange that?
      3. Do we have to go to Bangkok and then to Phuket? We found a cheap ticket (stop at Jordan and then to Phuket straight). Isn't it better?
      4. The airport is close to which beach? I realize that there are various beaches (depending on your taste). Which one is closer to the airport? Or is that a trivial matter?
      5. Is going to the other islands expensive? Is food expensive? I mean, as a holiday in general, does it require a lot of pocket money? We want to see the islands and do activities but not to shop.

Well, I hope I haven't forgotten anything. If I do, I'll post some more questions :-)
      Thank you for your time.

Maria

more
    • Phuket safety

Phuket Apr 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Hello all:
      I wanted to ask if Phuket was safe for solo travelers. I hear lots of stories about people spiking drinks and robbing tourists. Should I stay away from the bars? Even though I am male and can defend myself, I wanted t know what precautions I should take.

more
    • phuket july

Phuket Mar 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM

How's the weather the first 2 weeks in july?

And is it as dangerous as the media makes it out to be?
      Thanks!

more
    • h4pp1's Profile Photo

phi phi vs james bond island

Phuket Mar 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Guys,
      If we just have 3 days n 2 nite, should we take phi phi or james bond island or even both ?
      Thx

more
    • Phuket May 2014 - Accommodation & Living Tips for an Irish Man

Phuket Apr 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Hello all, Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am thinking about staying in Thailand for a month maybe 6 weeks from 1.5 to 15.6 I am wondering where to stay that's clean and cheap. Its just for me (1 male) so i just want cheap and cheerful. I was in Phuket before but it was 10 years ago. I also would appreciate tips on should i rent a moped or just get the hop on hop off buses or tuk tuks? I would be interested in swimming, spa, relaxing treatments & staying fit while over there. So any tips there would be appreciated too. thanks Colin

more
    • Insurance question

Phuket Mar 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Hello all: Is purchasing insurance for travel to Thailand mandatory? If so, where can you purchase insurance that is affordable?

more
    • Shaheen.28's Profile Photo

Transportation & Attraction at Hat Yai & Songkhla

by Shaheen.28 Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM

I shall go to Hat Yai & Songkhla very soon. Can anyone please advice me about there local transportation with fare and attraction place (if possible in detail level)

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • safety i sonkhla

by jonas55 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM

My daughter is 21 from the US. Not trying to stereo type but, she is blond and tall. She has traveled quite a bit and is very aware of her surroundings. She is considering a summer teaching job in May at a school.. It is a large private school and there will be 20 other students from the US teaching. With all the warnings we are very concerned. Is it possible the safety concerns will be lifted ? It seems alot of the violence in the south is associated with insurgents which means terrorists. Would it also limit her personal travel as a tourist when she is not working? I want her to travel BUT! Thank you

3 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • AndyB102's Profile Photo

songkhia, thailand

by AndyB102 Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 6:51 AM

does anybody know of a new kareoke bar called 101 kareoke? if so, can you give me the address

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    • Mirhie's Profile Photo

To Thepa or not

by Mirhie Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I am considering to retire in Thepa, however I am unable to find any information about the area, such as is it more agricultural and is it possible to find a free stand house to buy near the beach. Are there any suggestions as to where to buy, What are the logistics in the area and if I should open a conflict resolution center and English classes would there be a market for it.I would like to operate this on a non profit basis are there many other such facilities for youth of the area? How can I access more information about the District etc. Should I be considering another district closer to the Songkhla university and is there quite a large expat community etc.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    • Mirhie's Profile Photo

TO Thepa or not

by Mirhie Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 5:56 AM

I am considering to retire in Thepa, however I am unable to find any information about the area, such as is it more agricultural and is it possible to find a free stand house to buy near the beach. Are there any suggestions as to where to buy, What are the logistics in the area and if I should open a conflict resolution center and English classes would there be a market for it.I would like to operate this on a non profit basis are there many other such facilities for youth of the area? How can I access more information about the District etc. hold I be considering another district closer to the Songkhla university and is there quite a large expat community etc.

2 Answers Feb 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    • Factory outlet/Shopping

by bayue_82 Online Now Jul 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Hi I would like to know, where is the best place to shop (in volume) in Songkhla?
      eg. kids wear,unique stuff...or factory outlet stuff.

Thanks

• anoum's Profile Photo

Ko Yo

by anoum Online Now May 3, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get to Ko Yo now? And how long is the journey? Does anyone know the cost? I shall be going to Hat Yai for 3D2N and plan to spend a day in Songkhla because I am not very keen on shopping in Hat Yai for too hours.My friends and I plan to hire a van from Butterworth and the driver will be taking us around during the whole visit. But he may not know Ko Yo since I haven't heard of it either until today at VT.

1 Answer May 3, 2008 at 11:31 PM
    • The Dark Side

by neil3670 Online Now Nov 25, 2007 at 3:52 AM

Can anyone help me get the telephone numbers or e-mail addresses for the bars on the Dark Side? Thanks

1 Answer Nov 25, 2007 at 5:18 AM
    • parlant français-french speaking

by patrick_vw Online Now Oct 9, 2007 at 7:42 AM

je recherche quelqu'un parlant français à Sonkhla, plus de détails suivront.
      I'm looking for someone how speak french in Sonkghla, more details later.

Merci, thank you.

Patrick

• Heryanto's Profile Photo

Interest place in Songkhla

by Heryanto Online Now Sep 9, 2005 at 6:56 PM

Hi,

I plan to travel to Songkhla. Somebody can help me to inform the Interest place in Songkhla and public transport getting there.
      Thank's for your information.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2005 at 11:05 PM
    • Jockotwo's Profile Photo

Sawadee Khrap,

by Jockotwo Online Now Aug 18, 2005 at 12:25 AM

Hello to you all in Songkhla, i have spent the best times of my life in your little town.
      I just wonder how everyone is getting along with all the recent problems in the South.
      I used to go out to Simila beach for lunch on the beach every day.
      Are all the bars ( on the DARK side ) still there, is Bernie still around.
      What about the Lipstick and cheeky, Skillet, offshore bars, one of the best was opposite the Royal Crown hotel, i cannot remember its name.
      Would love to know whats happening there.