change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• goodfish's Profile Photo

Important notice: new bag restrictions

Pompeii Jan 27, 2015 at 11:33 AM

coopculture.it/en/heritages.... is informing visitors, tour guides and school groups that for security reasons, backpacks and handbags larger than 30x30x15 cm (abt 12 x 12 x 6") are not allowed inside the excavations at Pompeii as well as Herculaneum, Oplonti, Stabia and the Museum of Boscoreale. Larger bags and luggage may still be checked at left-luggage facilities at the entrances. Reference the site for information. 

more
    • Any experience renting a dinghy at Palmasera rentals?

Cala Gonone Jan 26, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I have been getting price quotes for a one day rental this summer, and Palmasera is 20 euros cheaper than the others. It looks like they are a new business with very few reviews. Anyone on VT that has used their boats? Thanks!

more
    • Evenings in Griante

Cadenabbia di Griante Jan 11, 2015 at 5:42 AM

We are hoping to travel to Lake Como this summer and are looking at the possibility of staying in Griante. Is there enough buzz in the evenings. We do not look for entertainment but like to potter about, perhaps a few shops and of course spend the evening dining but do like a 'buzz' and people watching. Is this typical of this area.

more
    • S'Ardia horse race questions

Sardegna Jan 6, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Can anyone tell me what time is it good to get to this event in order to get a good place to stand to see this race? What time does the race start? Where is a good place to park?
      TIA !

more
    • MATALON's Profile Photo

Feeding the planet

Milano Jan 27, 2015 at 8:36 AM

We would like to understand before making plans to travel for the EXPO in milan : Is that international event will be dealing with the industry of food and other feeding question ? or will it be like the previous 2000 (Hannover) and 1967(Montreal) which mean an international meeting of culture in order to learn about the countries and to hear also their traditional music etc.. That is a big difference and it will be important to know the facts before deciding !

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Nice hotel in Sirmione.

Sirmione Jan 18, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Could you suggest me a nice three star hotel in Sirmione? It should be possibly not far from the town center.

Thanks!

more
    • Traveling to lecco

Lecco Jan 7, 2015 at 1:05 PM

I am planning to go to Lombardia for a week this July and planning to use Lecco as a base for 3 to 4 days. We'll be traveling during the day and returning in the evening. Is the place nice with restaurants and bars?

Any suggestions will be very helpfull

Thanks

more
    • Postonja Caces

Trieste Jan 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Can you visit the Postonja caves from Trieste, if so how?

more
    • La sorgente de francesca.

Fiesole 18 hours ago

How far is fiesole from la sorgente? What type of transport is there?

more
    • Train travel

Italy Jan 26, 2015 at 8:12 PM

I'm planning to travel by high-speed train from Rome to Bologna, then with Bologna as my base, do day trips by train for the next 3 days (Parma, Modena, Reggio, etc...), then take a train to Florence where we will stay until we pick up a rental car for the 2nd part of our trip. Question: Is it best to buy individual train tickets, or is there a better option (some 7 day all you can pass?) that makes sense?

more
    • What time do people go out?

Milan Jan 17, 2015 at 1:49 AM

Where I live the nightlife usually starts at about 12 PM. When is it normal to go out? I heard that in Barcelona people would start going out at about 1 AM, so just wondering how it works in Milan.

more
    • Calle del Piovano Gritti

Venice Jan 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Can anyone tell me the location of calle del Piovano Gritti in Venice?

more
    • around the corner from Ghirlandaio's Last Supper at San Marco convent.

Florence Jan 13, 2015 at 6:43 PM

There is a peita in the same room as Ghirlandaio's Last Supper -- I read that the room is the refectory of the hostel of the San Marco convent. I have recollection of it being on the wall to my right as I faced the Ghirlandaio. It looks like glazed ceramic,(a little chipped), white with blue background, in an archway of fruit garland. Does anyone know what it is and by whom?

more
    • DedovicSarah's Profile Photo

Good food and a good time near the port!

Genoa Jan 11, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Hello everyone! I'm coming soon to Genoa and I was wondering where I can try quality Italian food, some restaurant recommendations? What about the nightlife? Is there a place where you can enjoy good reggaeton music near the port?

more
    • Transit to Ski Tonale Pass or Presena Glacier

Italy Jan 9, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Hi, would like to make a Saturday ski excursion in and around Tonale Pass, more so the Presena Glacier. I can see a train from Brescia will get me as far as Edolo. But what after that?

Are there shuttles that will get me to the Ski basin from the train station in Edolo as well as carried back?
      Any insights into making this little ski stint a fun experience greatly appreciated. Would be even better if there was a ski/bus tour out of Brescia directly to the ski basin but I just haven't been able to find it.

more
    • Searching for a specifik hotel in Ischia!! Please help me!

Ischia Jan 7, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I'm searching for a hotel in the Ischia and I would really appreciate if you could help me find it.

It's a 4 star hotel/resort when it's full there can be around 400-500 guests at least.

The hotel is u-shaped and has bungalows in front of the main building, on the other side of a parking space,

I think it's quite a big complex, when guests are going to stay in one of the bungalows one of the staff will take you to your room in something similar to a golf car.

It has 5 floors

It has a spa with emotional showers and jacuzzi baths/thermal baths,

The hotel has two restaurants for the customers and two bars, one pool bar and one bar inside.

The hotel is open right now but it is closing this week for 3,5 weeks for maintenance.

Outisde of the hotel, very close, there is another restaurant that is not with the hotel but many hotel guests go there, it's like a disco bar restaurant/pizzera where people can both eat, drink and dance.

The hotel has bed and breakfast, half board and full board.

When guests arrive late in the evening and they have booked HB or FB, they get a cold dinner plate served for them.

The hotel has glass doors in the entrance and the floor is blue and beige tiles, the reception desk is white,

The reception area/lobby have a beautiful ceiling and arched roof between the rooms.

It's a family run hotel and the owners are old over 60 or 70 years old and they still work there.

It has 24 hours reception service.

more
    • Staying hotel Cristina North west I think

Limone sul Garda Jan 3, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Hi, I'm coming to italy to celebrate my 30th in April,
      We fly into venice in the 6th
      We fly out of Rome on the 14th

I had intended to stay 2 nights in venice , go to lake Garda for 2 nights, travel to rome kinda via Pisa and Verona and stay in Rome 3 nights
      Have I been way way way too adventurous , if so please advise me the best way to make the most of my stay.
      My partner has offered to drive whilst we are there what are car hire prices like or would it be better using public transport.
      Thankyou in advance any advice will be appreciated

Zoe

more
    • Michal_Slovakia's Profile Photo

Venetian Carnival 2015

Venice Jan 3, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Heey Venetian & Italian guys,

I´m about to come to Venice for Venetian Carnival 2015 by the first week of February. I´m looking for housing for a few days, so please if there is some kind and friendly person, do not hesitate and write me. I will really appreciate it.

If you don´t have conditions to offer me housing, just write me and we could hang out together during Carnival and have some fun there. More people on the trip means more joint experiences and more adventures, so be ready for that!

Thanks a lot, wish all of you a Happy New Year full of success, happiness and traveling around the world.

Greetings from Slovakia

Michal

more
    • blue grotto, Capri.

Sorrento Jan 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM

What time of day isbest to visit / enter the blue grotto ? I heard a span of a few hours - 11 am to 1 pm ? when sunrays penetrate deep and thats the real beauty .
      Also can one reserve the entry time ? to avoid ques and to catch the best timings ?
      --Thanks
      --Shirish Mahajan

more
    • Honeymoon

Amalfi Jan 25, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Looking to find those things that many tourist don't do... or go.. would like to find those hidden gems that can only be known by the locals, or those that have ventured out and found these sites by accident... well, maybe not by accident, but "getting lost" can sometimes lend to amazing adventures... ideas ?

more
    • Getting from monterosso train station to the ferry terminal

Monterosso al Mare Jan 25, 2015 at 2:50 AM

We are travelling by train from Ventimiglia to Monterosso by train, and then want to catch the cinque terre ferry.
      Can anyone tell me the ferry location and how we would get there? We are a party of 3 adults, with one elderly adult
      Thanks

more
    • to carnival by car

Venice Jan 20, 2015 at 5:59 AM

Does somebody know whether Venice is closed for cars during carnival ??

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

Accommodation

Minori Jan 17, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

I will be heading to Minori for my holiday this year and have been looking at self-contained studio versus hotel room as I do like to cook for myself and make my own breakfast and generally to have a fridge, or do any hotels have fridge and tea making facilities. Are there any safe sites to book through, your thoughts would be appreciated.
      thank you

more
    • train travel

Limone Piemonte Jan 17, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Can i take a train from Nice airport to Limone Piemonte? May

more
    • Bus or train from napoli to Monopoli

Naples Jan 14, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to travel from napoli to (Bari) final destination is Monopoli?
      Is it better to reserve in advance by internet or just buy tickerts on site. And what is the price?
      Friendly greetings

more