change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ateach52's Profile Photo

Marathon closures, Kirstenbosch + Table Mountain

Cape Town Mar 16, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hello, my husband and I - active seniors - are arriving at 8 in the morning at Cape Town International airport. We will then pick up our rental car. We are planning on doing the following that day, before driving to our booked accommodation in Blaubergstrand: drive from the airport to Kirstenbosch, spend about 3 hours there, maybe grab a bit of lunch, and then drive to the Table Mountain cable-car to go up with an afternoon ticket.

My questions are this:

1) Does that sound like a good itinerary for the first day? Since we're coming from Europe we won't be jet lagged. We'll be in Cape Town for three more full days, when we'll be going on a wine tour, to Robben Island (have already booked for the next day, Sunday), Bo-kaap, and a full day to the Cape of Good Hope, but I thought getting an overview of the city from Table Mountain would be a good idea. Or should we do Table Mountain in the morning and Kirstenbosch in the afternoon?

2) I understand there will be a marathon in town on Saturday 4th, so will there be any roads on the way to either Kirstenbosch or Table Mountain from the airport that will be close?

Thanks so much for some feedback!

more
    • roni690's Profile Photo

looking for deiver

Cape Town Mar 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM

HI i will be with my family in Capetown for 5 days i'm looking for a driver for all day on April 8 to take us to the wine area
      and than bring us back after diner about 10 pm. any sogestion's. thanks Ron

more
    • Restaurants with a view

Cape Town Mar 17, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I feel a bit silly asking this. I come from Cape Town but moved away about a decade ago. I am going back in a few months and want to take my girlfriend for a nice simple lunch or even a picnic somewhere with a view. I know all the usual spots, but I'm looking for something a little more different. I'm not looking for anywhere flashy, rather something relaxed but nice. Any ideas?

more
    • Chris_elliott57's Profile Photo

What to do in Somerset west

by Chris_elliott57 Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 5:43 AM

Hi there, I will be arriving in somerset west with a mate on 21dt june and staying for 4 weeks as we will be doing a medical placement in a local hospital. We are staying with the family of one of the workers at the hospital for the entire 4 weeks. I am just wondering what there is to do in the area and also any advice that anyone has would be appreciated!!

Cheers

3 Answers Sep 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM