change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DianaMS's Profile Photo

How to get from Heathrow to Glastonbury

Glastonbury Apr 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Hi all, I need to know what is the easiest way to get to Glastonbury from Heathrow airport. Are there any direct buses, shuttle service, train?

6 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • local customs and traditions in bath

Somerset Apr 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what local customs and traditions does bath have

4 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 2:45 AM
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

• resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

1 Answer Mar 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    • Stage 6 Day visit to UK from Bath or London

Bath Feb 15, 2014 at 12:08 PM

My wife and I will be in the UK for about 6 days (our second visit) and want to visit Stonehenge, Windsor and some places in London like the British Museum. Wondering if it would be better to stage from Bath and make the day trips from Bath instead of the day trips from London. Any thoughts?

5 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM
    • adasyau's Profile Photo

Is there an Italian restaurant called Presto?

Bath Feb 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM

My teenage students have joined a competition on a cultural visit to the UK in summer. They wish to include a dinner in the Presto and would like to see if their budget allows the meal for 4. It would help them to write up a proposal if anyone can give information about the price of dishes, or how much a decent 4-course dinner might cost. Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Spending a day or two in Bath on a budget

Bath Jan 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Next Monday I am travelling to Bath and will be meeting my niece & her boyfriend, who are both twenty years old. I will have a limited budget and although I would like to do the "Touristy" activities, I also want to see the "real" Bath, find cosy pubs where locals go, maybe some local music. I am following many musicians (singer songwriters who are either from the area or now live/study here)
      I am staying in a hostel, (I think they organise a free walking tour).
      I will be meeting the young people about lunch time & I don't want to bore them with too much museum visits, if the weather is fine I want to photo the fine architecture, and in the evening we will want to enjoy a cosy pub with live music.
      I look forward to some suggestions please.
      Thanks

7 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • Mountfitchet to Glastonbury in Nov. 2013

Glastonbury Oct 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM

What is the best way to get from Mountfitchet Essex to Glastonbury?

2 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    • Bus tour

Cheddar Jul 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Can I go on the bus tour without buying a full ticket to caves etc? How much is the bus on its own?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    • Another Bath parking query.

Bath Jul 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM

We are travelling from South Bristol to spend most of the day wandering around Bath then heading up towards Malmesbury on the way out. What would be my best option to find a convenient Park and Ride for most of the day?

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
    • coach ?

Porlock Mar 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Hello i am a coach driver visiting your area and wonder if the hill is perfectly passable with a coach or would it be better to use the toll road ? thank you ...Phil

1 Answer Mar 20, 2013 at 3:32 AM
    • abhishekspark's Profile Photo

Clothing

Bath Jun 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I will be attending the University of Bath this year from October. I would like to know what kind of clothes are advisable to wear in the city. Shorts and tees? Formals? Jeans? Hoodies? Jackets? or whatever. Eagerly waiting for an answer. I need to do a lot of shopping. :D

7 Answers Jun 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

South West in July

Somerset May 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM

My wife and I have 2 weeks in a rental car going round the south west starting and finishing in Southampton in July before joining the Celebrity Eclipse cruise into the Baltic.
      We would like any tips on routes to take and recomended B&Bs / Farm Stays along the way. We want to avoid motorways as much as posible.
      We realize July is peak season so if you know of places that wont be too crowded would be great!
      Thanks

4 Answers May 12, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Parking in Bath,Somerset

Bath Apr 12, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Hi all
      1) Are there Park and Ride facilities in and around Bath?
      2) If we want to spend the day (or best part of) in the centre what are the costs for parking?

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 12, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    • Indie Night clubs in Bath - where's the place to be?

Bath Apr 11, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Hello, I have a weekend at the end April in Bath and am looking for the best Indie club to go to on a Saturday night for me and and the girls..

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go? We are looking for 90's dance, Madchester and Brit pop...we could even stretch to a bit of 80's cheese:)

Help! xxx

3 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    • victor72's Profile Photo

Hire a room for two nights

Bath Mar 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Hallo,

I am going to visit Bath and Bristol from 18º March until 20º March with my girlfriend Alicia. We will get to Bristol airport at 22 : 00 pm. We could not find a hostel near of the center.
      Please, can you hire a room for two nights ?
      My email is galancabal@hotmail.com
      Thank you. Kind regards
      Victor

3 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    • tours from bath

Bath Feb 25, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Hi Now backpacking in beautiful Bath, would like to go to Stonehenge and just wonder are there any half day or day trips that go to Stonehenge and/or surrounding areas. What sort of price should I expect to pay and how much time do you need to spend there. Happy to hear of other suggestions, have only managed to get 2 nights accommodation at this stage but will extend if possible. Have come through from Bristol and suggestions which way I should head from here, Actually went from London to Cardiff and then back through Bristol to Bath look forward to hearing local knowledge of area. Cheers

6 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    • Getting to Glastonbury from London

Glastonbury Apr 8, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Does anyone know the best way to get to Glastonbury from London in mid-May, 2010? Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    • zuriga's Profile Photo

Looking for B&B in Bath

Bath Sep 20, 2009 at 2:05 AM

I wonder if anyone has a favorite B&B in Bath? We'd rather be close to the city centre than further out where it takes 10-15 minutes to walk into town. Any restaurant tips would also be appreciated - interesting, excellent meal other than a Michelin starred (only one in Bath).

8 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    • Getting to and staying in or on public transport route to Cheddar

Cheddar Aug 21, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Hello
      I am off to Bristol to see the Banksy exhibition soon and wanted to make a weekend of it all with some natural wonders thrown in.
      I have heard that you can get from Bristol to Cheddar on bus 672 or 674 from Bristol - Does anyone know the website where I can confirm times for this.
      I also need somewhere reasonably priced to stay for one night in Cheddar or another pretty village so that we can stay over and then hop on the bus tour through the gorge or similar. Any recommendations. We are not looking to spend more than £75 for both of us for the one night, a lovely place to stay for less would be fabulous but camping is out of the question as I am heavily pregnant!
      On a quick search it seemed that Cheddar accommodation was dear and may all be full. Where else could we stay?
      What is Bream like? would public transport to the gorge be possible from there? and is there anywhere nice to stay there?
      Also wondered whether Burnham on sea or Axbridge were picturesque with the necessary accommodation and public transport links to the gorge
      many many thanks for your help
      Kirsty

4 Answers Aug 22, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    • London to Cheddar

Cheddar Jun 19, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Hi there, i would to find out how do i get from London to Cheddar? I know it's near to bristol but i was thinking if i could get straight to Cheddar instead of going to bristol den only heading to Cheddar to see the caves as i'm only making a day trip from London. Thank you all in advance!!

2 Answers Jun 19, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    • Park and Ride

Bath May 10, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Hi:
      I am from Dubai and will be traveling to Bath in mid-August from Cheltenhham by car. I thought to park my car at Lansdown Park and Ride and take the bus to city center. My English colleague painted a bleak picture of park & ride system saying that I would have to wait in the rain for the bus to the city center, that it would be very slow and that I would never find the bus way back. Is it that bleak or park & ride system work as well as promised in the websites ?

4 Answers Apr 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    • Where to stay

Somerset Apr 9, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I am planning to do research at the Somerset Records Office in Taunton during the last two weeks of July. Is it practical to stay in the area without renting a car? Or is it practical to take a train every day from Bath, Bristol of Weston-Super-Mare? Thanks for all suggestions.

4 Answers Apr 10, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    • romancandle's Profile Photo

Eating out in Bath

Bath Apr 6, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Hi all! My friend and I will be in Bath on Friday night, and would like a recommendation for a great pre-theatre meal in the city centre. Max budget for two: £50-60.

Thanks!

• romancandle's Profile Photo

Reasonable Accommodation in Bath (B&Bs, etc)

Bath Mar 24, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Hi!

A friend and I will be in Bath for a day on 10th April, and am looking for a place to stay that's reasonably priced (£40-80) and in the city centre. We would prefer to stay at a B&B. Some B&B's aren't accepting a one night only booking. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

RomanCandle

5 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 2:14 PM
    • Wells to Heathrow Airport

Wells Mar 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM

What is the fastest way to get from Wells to Heathrow? Cost is not important.
      Thanks.

• Bristol airport accommodations

Somerset Feb 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Considering staying at the Fox & Goose prior to flight from Bristol Airport. Last 2 hotels we stayed at have been characterless - a letdown after Wales & Cornwall. It'd be nice to stay somewhere close (we'll be driving a rental car) and with a nice pub/food. Carpenters Arms looks fabulous, but too expensive for a short night, and too far? Thanks.

• Bristol Airport to Glastonbury

Glastonbury Jan 15, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Dear all,

I will arrive 20st of March at 18:40 to Bristol Airport. What is the best way to get to Glastonbury that evening? First bus to Temple meads and then bus 376 to Glastonbury? I will stay in Dragonfly B&B, is it easy to reach from the busstop?

Thanks for your replies!
      Ira

2 Answers Jan 15, 2009 at 10:02 AM
    • Fridays after 5 in bath

Bath Oct 7, 2008 at 2:11 AM

Hi will be stopping in Bath in November but I wont arrive till after 5 maybe 6pm.
      Will there be anything touristy still open at night for me to visit as I havent been before and always wanted too. Also could you recoment a nice restaurant to take the better half to and maybe a nice pub for a drink.

Be setting off for yeovil just before 12 the next day, so I will only have a few hours of tourism any recomendations of what I should not miss.

I'll try and give myself more time next time :-)

1 Answer Oct 7, 2008 at 8:57 AM
    • Late Nov stay

Bath Oct 1, 2008 at 8:42 AM

I'm planning on staying in Bath for a three day decompression vacation before some business travel in London and the continent. Anyway I know nothing about Bath and would like some inputs into what to do and esp. where to stay. Since this is a personal part of the trip, I'd like to keep thing relatively simple and cheap -won't have a car so keeping things in walking distance is important and lodging in the 50 pd area seems about right.

Good pubs, restaurants and things to do during the day would be most helpful. I'll be there Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday then off to London.

Thanks in advance for your help,
      Bob

1 Answer Oct 1, 2008 at 10:00 AM