Travel Answers
Somalia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Have you been asked for Yellow Fever vaccination certificate?

Somalia Apr 8, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Hi all,

I am curious if anyone out there who traveled from Ethiopia got checked on Yellow Fever upon entry to *Somaliland*, normally from Jijiga to Hargeisa, or vice versa?

Ethiopia is a Yellow Fever Risk country and entering into a non-Risk country e.g., Somaliland, from a Risk country may require proof of Yellow Fever vaccination.

Thanks,

more
    • LGBT in Somalia

Somalia Mar 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Would it be safe for either gay/lesbian people to travel there? Bisexual people? What about transsexuals and transgender people?

more

Popular Somalia Travel Answer Locations

• Have you been asked for Yellow Fever vaccination certificate?

Somalia Apr 8, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Hi all,

I am curious if anyone out there who traveled from Ethiopia got checked on Yellow Fever upon entry to *Somaliland*, normally from Jijiga to Hargeisa, or vice versa?

Ethiopia is a Yellow Fever Risk country and entering into a non-Risk country e.g., Somaliland, from a Risk country may require proof of Yellow Fever vaccination.

Thanks,

5 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 3:31 AM
    • LGBT in Somalia

Somalia Mar 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Would it be safe for either gay/lesbian people to travel there? Bisexual people? What about transsexuals and transgender people?

6 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • charmdud's Profile Photo

Anybody been here resently - 2011

Hargeysa Sep 23, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Hi I'd like to know if anybody has been here recently, as I'm planning on going to Somaliland in about a month and a half ...

Also, would I be able to catch a bus from Hargeysa to Berbera?

5 Answers Sep 29, 2011 at 2:06 PM
    • Visas

Somalia Jun 2, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I have found information on getting a visa to enter Somaliland. However, I can't figure out if further visas are needed to enter somalia and puntland. Does anyone know how/where to acquire a visa that allows travel into puntland or somalia itself?

1 Answer Jun 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    • Dan30's Profile Photo

Somali-land Bus?

Somalia Feb 8, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Somali-land Bus

Do you know the bus station that takes you from Somali-land Hargeisa to Addis Ababa to what is cost and times and days it leaves?

1 Answer Feb 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    • Moving to Puntland - advice needed

Somalia Sep 15, 2007 at 1:32 PM

Hi there,
      Possibly not usual question on this forum, but I will be moving to Puntland (Bosaso) in a week or so, and wanted to see if anyone has any real updated specific information that may be of use.
      First, I am trying to look into flights from Geneva, and not sure if I should consider going via Djibouti or Addis (have no great desire to go rushing off to Mogadishu)
      Second, any info anyone can send me on general issues such as what type of electrical plugs, real security situation in Puntland, etc gratefully appreciated.
      Third - the old visa question. Is it realistic to get both an Ethiopian and Eritrean visa in my passport, or will one or the other country be a bit pissy about this. Do I need a visa in advance for Djibouti if I ending flying via there (given that I will need to spend a night) or can I get it at the airport. And as for Somalia, does anyone have any recent info on how I could proceed with a visa given that the Embassy in London is now closed.

Thanks in advance for any advice given, as I prefer to arrive somewhere (especially when moving to a new country) with as much realistic and recent info as possible.

4 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 11:39 PM
    • jamesdalphonse's Profile Photo

Visas????

Somalia May 15, 2007 at 9:02 AM

where do US and/or Canadian citizens obtain a visa for entry in to Hargesia. Or for that matter, is a visa even necessary. Thank You.

3 Answers Aug 22, 2007 at 1:30 AM
    • MarkE11's Profile Photo

Current travel info

Somalia May 15, 2007 at 5:29 AM

Given the current situation in Somalia, is any travel possible in the country? The UK FCO don't advise it, and I'd obviously want to steer well clear of Mogadishu and conflict areas. But are there any beach locations in the north (Puntland?) that are safe to travel in?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 16, 2007 at 6:27 AM
    • help

Somalia Oct 12, 2006 at 10:48 AM

hi

is it worth visiting yet?

thanks talal

1 Answer Oct 13, 2006 at 2:32 AM
    • vodolaz's Profile Photo

Collector needs help !

Somalia Jul 31, 2005 at 1:43 PM

Hi everybody ! I collect beer labels almost 20 years... Who is now ih Somalia or may be going soon , please be so kind to get for my collection some beer paper labels or beer mates ! I will be much obliged to you
      Thanks in advance ,
      D

1 Answer Oct 14, 2007 at 1:42 AM
    • lonly187's Profile Photo

is it gona b ok..?

Somalia Jun 25, 2005 at 1:27 AM

hey wassup ppl im somalin who grow up in Qatar.. and now i forget my own language i only speak some english and arbic Qatari accent .. and im plain to go to bunt land or hargasa this oct ... so is it ok or im i gona face alot of problems..?

1 Answer Mar 21, 2006 at 10:52 PM
    • dangerous or not????????

Somalia Jun 14, 2005 at 3:17 AM

hi i will be traveling at the end of this year when i finish my studies but i am an sure of weather or not to go 2 somalia. im really afraid of the conditions but at the same time i feel the need 2 go there because im somalian.
      should i be worried? and how do the somalains over there react 2 young women who aren't completely covered and not overly religious?
      thanx ayan

3 Answers Mar 21, 2006 at 10:56 PM
    • Has anyone here been to Somaliland this year

Somalia Dec 6, 2004 at 5:53 AM

I was wondering what some could tell me about somaliland and hargeisa in particular. I'm planning on visiting my relatives next year, but I don't really know what to expect. I grew up in Engeland and I'm half somallander and half english. I asked family but they arn't really objective. So I'm asking an objective opinion.

2 Answers Jan 20, 2005 at 11:12 AM
    • hunwagner's Profile Photo

Somaliland

Somalia Jun 23, 2004 at 9:23 PM

Has anyone been to Somaliland (Hargeisa, etc) recently? Would the place, or at least Hargeisa and Berbara feel safe enough to visit on one's own? Are the borders with Ethiopia and Djibouti open currently? What are prices like - cheap hotels, public transport?

3 Answers Jul 17, 2004 at 6:51 AM
    • sahel578's Profile Photo

Language Barrier

Somalia Mar 3, 2004 at 3:07 PM

I have recently been matched through my volunteer organization with a refugee family from Somalia. My agency does not have a translator. I was hoping that someone could teach me a few basics in bantu so that I can be friendly and helpful when I visit. Thank you!

2 Answers Mar 8, 2006 at 11:21 AM
    • Herttuli's Profile Photo

translation

Somalia Dec 20, 2003 at 12:22 AM

Hello Africa!! Greetings from Finland. I´d like to ask your help..I´ve got a friend from Somalia and I would like to wish a merry Christmas and happy New Year to her. But I´ve got one little problem...what´s translation of that ?? Thanks ....Greetings Katja :-)

3 Answers Dec 28, 2006 at 3:16 AM