Somalia Travel Answers

change location


by campionc Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I have found information on getting a visa to enter Somaliland. However, I can't figure out if further visas are needed to enter somalia and puntland. Does anyone know how/where to acquire a visa that allows travel into puntland or somalia itself?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • sphynxxs's Profile Photo

    Re: Visas

    by sphynxxs Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM

    Neither Somaliland nor Puntland are internationally recognized. You can get a Somaliland visum upon arrival at Hargeisa airport or crossing the border from Ethiopia if you travel by road. (where you have to hire a soldier as an armed escort to Hargeisa). Puntland has a self-declared semi autonomous government but to my knowledge they do not have visa, so you would have to get a Somali visum. Not that it is much of a functioning state, but they do have a number of embassies, for example in the surrounding African states where their MPs and government members like to spend most of their time....

    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Somalia Travel Answer Locations