Solvang Travel Answers

change location

Danish goods in Solvang??

by traveler326157 Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 4:55 PM

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone that has been to Solvang knows if you can get Danish goods there. I am living in LA but want to have a traditional Julefrokost this chirtmas, which means I will be needing Snaps, Sild, Rugbrod, ect ect..

I would love to know before I made the trip if those things are avalible there.
OR anywhere else in California?

Thanks!

Lisa

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • RE: Danish goods in Solvang??

by ruffen Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 7:15 PM

Have you had a look around the Solvang pages here?
    I have been to someones page that had link to one/more shops there and could see some very familiare products over there (and not only over Kattegatt)

keida84 have a page, also recently revisited there
    members.virtualtourist.com/m...

BTW, do you sell tresko with møller painted on them in Danmark :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Danish goods in Solvang??

by traveler326157 Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 7:23 PM

Hi Ruffen!

Thanks for the help, I had been searching through some of the pages but was only finding the same shops with fudge, candies, watches, other strange "Danish" things. Good for me that they sell tresko there, cause I forgot mine at home !!! Even better that they have the ones with møller painted on them, exactly how mine at home look ; )

by ruffen Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 7:39 PM

If I only can remember where I saw a tip with a link to a very multi shop. It might have been to a bacery but they sold all those other salty scandinavian stuff, also sill.

Maybe Sjømannskirken in LA have these stuff for sale now?
    sjomannskirken.no/FullStory....

This is the norwegian sjømannskirke but they have svensker there too.
    They have their x-mas bazaar next weekend, and if they don't sell sill (they sell fersk grovbrød) there MUST be some scandinavian there who knows where to buy "our" x-mas stuff.

pst - I got my "Juleakkevitt 2006" from denmark yesterday. I buy it for the design (and my dad gladly take care of the inside when he visits).

I'v started to take Kaviar (our is saltier than swedish Kalle's) with me abroad. Good to have the salty stuff when it is hot (and Wasa for excersise for the tummy). Friends have said that I can pay with kaviar or røykelaks for a stay at their place now :)

by ruffen Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 7:47 PM

:))

They do have a shop!!!

sjomannskirken.no/FullStory....
    Sjømannskirken i San Pedro har en liten, men innholdsrik butikk. Her kan du finne varer fra Norge og Sverige som du ikke vil finne andre steder i Sør-California.
    I hyllene vil du finne norsk, svensk og dansk sjokolade av mange slag, fiskeboller, fiskekaker, brunost, nøkkelost, Gjende kjeks, makrell i tomat, sursild osv
    Før jul har vi dessuten pinnekjøtt, lutefisk, sylte, medisterpølser og røkte pølser. ++++

Looks like the link for product list in Englis is broken

Think your julefrokost will include sill, rugbrød og andre godsaker i år.

by traveler326157 Online Now Nov 13, 2006 at 1:41 AM

Tak tak tak, tusind tak!!

Jeg er saa glad for hjaelpen!

Looks like all these people will be treated to a nice Danish christmas meal after all. It seems that our food is a bit hard to find, sometimes I wonder..

How can it be so hard to find such delightful things as sild og leverpostej?

I got some salted licorice today in the mail, happy days!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines