Solvang Travel Answers

change location

Recipes

by JV1930 Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 7:06 PM

I would like a recipe for Abelskevers. We have an Abelskever pan and would like to put it to good use - Yum, Yum. Thank you for your assistance. J.V.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • bevjerry's Profile Photo

RE: Recipes

by bevjerry Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 7:34 PM

If you search on Google For "Aebleskiver Recipe" you'll find many. Be sure to put it in quotes so you don't get every page that has any kind of recipe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Recipes

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 10:14 PM

try and post it in the denmark forum.
    i'm pretty sure i'm one of the only danes who don't know how to make them, but in the denmark forum you should get some help.

• zuriga's Profile Photo

RE: Recipes

by zuriga Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 5:12 AM

Googling should work or try the recipe section of www.chowhound.com. The people there are very helpful.

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo

MissyWQ formerly from Solvang

by MissyWQ Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Aebleskiver Recipe

Serves/Makes: 6
    Ready in: 30-60 minutes
    Difficulty: 3
    (1=easiest :: hardest=5)

Danish Aebelskiver Pancakes Recipes

Ingredients:
    2 cups Buttermilk
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    2 cups Flour
    1 teaspoon Soda
    3 Eggs
    2 teaspoons Sugar
    1 teaspoon Baking powder
    Applesauce
    Directions:
    Beat egg yolks. Add sugar, salt and buttermilk; then flour, soda and baking powder which have been sifted together. Last, fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.

Place small amount of fat in each cup of the aebleskiver pan and fill 2/3 full of dough. Place a small teaspoon of apple sauce on top of dough, then barely cover apple sauce with a few drops of dough. Cook until bubbly, turn carefully with fork and finish baking on other side. Serve with butter and maple syrup or jam.

NOTE: AVOID spilling apple sauce in cups, as this will cause the aebleskiver to stick.

This recipe for Aebleskiver serves/makes 6.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Recipes

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Variations on the recipe VTer MissyWQ gave is to substitute sugar with one or more of the following: goat cheese, swiss cheese, ham, fine herbs, and even cayenne. Makes for a savory aebleskiver not as sweet. I enjoy fontina and havarti cheeses for the smooth cheese flavor it adds to the finished product. If you don't want the bother of making your own mixture, there is a shop in Solvang that carries "Arne's of Sovang" Aebleskiver Instant Mix. You just add eggs and milk to the mixture. You can order by calling them at 800 654-0541. I always have a bag in my pantry for that Aebleskiver craving that is so demanding but when satisfied, so fulfilling and "yummy".

• Re: Recipes

by justinefantastik Online Now Jan 6, 2008 at 5:37 AM

here is Arne's famous Aebleskiever recipe from the Solvang Restaurant:

2 1/2 c. flour
    3/4 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
    2 T. sugar
    2 c. buttermilk
    2 eggs
    3 T. melted butter
    Sift dry ingredients. Beat egg yolks. Add milk. Combine with dry ingredients. Add butter. Fold in egg whites. Cook batter in aebleskiever pan. Turn with long wooden toothpicks until balls. Serve with raspberry compote and powdered sugar.

raspberry compote:
    package frozen raspberries
    T. sugar
    1/2 c. water
    cook all ingredients in saucepan until berries burst and thick enough to coat back of a spoon.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines