Solvang Travel Answers

change location
TinKan's Profile Photo

VT Meeting in Solvang in April

by TinKan Online Now Feb 15, 2004 at 5:40 PM

OK as some of you know we were chatting about a trip to Solvang for a weekend going by train and bus, sightseeing, dinner, drinks, staying over night, breakfast and some more sight seeing the bus and train back... I would like to make this a kid friendly weekend. What do you think of the 10th and 11th of April for a trip to Solvang? Keith

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • TinKan's Profile Photo

Re: VT Meeting in Solvang in April

by TinKan Online Now Feb 15, 2004 at 7:55 PM

It looks like the 10th and 11th of April are a go... I will start on hotel and such in the next few days. If you are bringing a pet let me know so I can get a pet room for you. The hotel we like to use is the Royal Copenhagen Inn which has good prices and is close to everything. I hope folks would like to go by train and bus but remember if you do animals are not allowed on the train. Sorry it is AMTRAX rules. Let us see what we can do .... Keith

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TinKan's Profile Photo

Re: Re: VT Meeting in Solvang in April

by TinKan Online Now Mar 3, 2004 at 8:41 PM

I have made some of the reservations for the RCI and we are set for the weekend of the 10th. There is an Easter egg hunt going on in the city that Saturday and a festival so it should be loads of fun. The room is going to be 105$ for the night and will include 2 free wine tasting at one of the local wine houses and a great breakfast. The cost is per room so if you have some one to share with make it a fun weekend as the rooms are big and have loads of room. Please call Dawn at 1-800-624-6604 and the rooms are under VirtualTourist. This is a very good rate as the normal price is150.00 for that weekend. Their web site is http://www.royalcopenhageninn.com The city site is http://www.solvangusa.com Let me know if all is ok.. Keith

• TinKan's Profile Photo

by TinKan Online Now Mar 9, 2004 at 9:40 PM

OK... So who is all coming???

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Re: VT Meeting in Solvang in April

by TinKan Online Now Mar 17, 2004 at 7:23 AM

Come on folks... lets enjoy the Easter weekend with VT friends... There are still a few room available. The wine tasting trip is set for Saturday afternoon and should be a blast. See you all then.

• TinKan's Profile Photo

by TinKan Online Now Apr 2, 2004 at 6:07 PM

We will be there as well....

• TinKan's Profile Photo

by TinKan Online Now Apr 9, 2004 at 8:38 PM

We are going to drive now and are planing to leave here at 8am... so we will keep an eye out for you. We should be there by noon if all goes well. Keith

• TinKan's Profile Photo

by TinKan Online Now Apr 11, 2004 at 7:56 PM

Great trip and great friends... We must do this again...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines