change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Solomon Islands Travel Answer Locations

• Any choices of island vacations?

Solomon Islands Oct 29, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Hey Guys can you please suggest me the best islands where me and my family will spend the vacations.

3 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • Solomon Island

Solomon Islands Oct 28, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Hey guys we are going to Solomon Island in the end of this year. But there is a problem and that is we are going that island for the very first time. So I thing this trip is going to be very headache. If anyone from you has visited earlier than please tell us the cheap and comfortable accommodation there.

4 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    • jirikoo's Profile Photo

Papua to Solomon is. by boat? + malaria precautions

Solomon Islands Jul 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Hi guys,

1) I am sorry for repeating this question once again as I did about one year ago. I am wondering if here is anyone with fresh experience:

I am still thinking about visiting Solomon Islands from Papua New Guinea. I am considering an alternative way of how to get to your country - traveling by boat / cargo freighter etc. I hear there is a boat link between southern Bougainville in Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (Shortlands). Do you think it is doable? It would be of great convenience since im planning to visit this island group anyway.

So, is there any chance to make it from Papua New Guinea to Solomon Islands by the sea? If so, what immigration procedures on your side would be in such a case?

2) I know, I know I should refer to official recommendation given by doctors or to health information websites, but i would like to know your practice and opinion. Do you take any chemoprophylaxes when in PNG and Solomon Islands? If so, are these drugs readily available for purchase in Port Moresby? The thing is drug stores in my country have commonly very poor selection of these medications...

Thank you for your reaction and information in advance...

jirikoo

5 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 2:01 AM
    • ievels's Profile Photo

Tavanipupu Island Resort

Guadalcanal Island Oct 3, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Hello everyone!

We are company of 4 friends thinking to spend our vacation in Tavanipupu Island Resort, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands in the beginning of December.
      Has anybody been there? If yes, how was it? Is there anything specific need to know?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day! :)

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 4:50 AM
    • Mateosh's Profile Photo

Guadalcanal Trekking or Kwaio Village Visits

Solomon Islands May 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM

My friend and I are visiting the Solomon Islands for only 4 days (almost 4 days). We arrive at Honiara on May 28th at 1020am and depart Honiara on May 31st at 130pm.

Can anyone recommend a good day 2 1/2 day-2 night trek into the mountains outside Honiara?

We are avid trekkers and pretty fit and the I believe the rougher the trek usually the more rewarding it is. I am hoping for rain forest and some remote villages. I will hire a guide and a jeep to get us aways into the mountains before we start trekking. Also we will bring trekking gear.

I am always trying to get off the beaten path and trek or just see as much of a place as I can with a short period of time. With this in mind I'm debating one of two ideas. The first staying on Guadalcanal and trekking as stated above and the other visiting the Eastern traditional Kwaio on the island of Malaita.

Now I have contacted Ronnie the guide who takes tourists to visit the Kwaio. In all reality is it possible to visit the Kwaio with my itinerary? This providing I find an early morning boat to Auki from Honiara on May 29th. I would then need to be back to Honiara for my flight on May 31st at 130pm.

How reliable are the flight on Solomon Air from Auki?

Thanks
      Matt

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    • boundarybay's Profile Photo

27 hours in Nadi

Nadi Sep 21, 2010 at 7:23 AM

My daughter and I have a 27 hour lay over in Nadi on our way to New Zealand. We arrive at 5:30 a.m and leave at 8:30 the next day. What would you suggest we do in that time? I have heard you can leave your bags at the airport in a locker. Have you heard of that? Also we are just looking for a place to lay on the beach and get over jet lag. Do not need anything fancy.

Please advise.
      Kind regards,
      Janet

1 Answer Sep 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM
    • Camping in the Solomon Islands

Solomon Islands Sep 17, 2008 at 11:20 PM

Hello guys

I have a question
      Me and other 3 friends of mine, we want to take our tents, and to make a camping trip in the Solomon Islands. I want to ask if camping is allowed in the Solomon islands? If is not, what permissions I should optain from the government or the local people?
      Where are the perfect places for camping?
      Please advise me?
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    • Diving the Solomons

Solomon Islands Jul 31, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Has anyone recently been to or by word of mouth know of a respectable dive resort/ live on boat in the Solomon Island areas? I am thinking of traveleing her but have heard rumors that accomodations are poor and the islands are in a state of civil unrest. Any advice?

2 Answers Aug 11, 2008 at 3:49 PM
    • toad_goddess's Profile Photo

Uepi Island: Resort & Sea Kayaking

Solomon Islands Dec 3, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Has anybody stayed at Uepi Island Resort? We'll be staying there from 10th Jan '08 for two weeks in a waterfront villa.
      Also, interested in feedback about sea kayaking. What are the lodges like that we'll be staying at? What is the food like? How are the kayaks?
      Any info will be appreciated!
      Thx,
      toad goddess Port Douglas FNQ

• hananfahmy's Profile Photo

Anyone travelling to the Solomons`?

Solomon Islands Nov 7, 2007 at 3:18 AM

Hello everyone,
      If there was anybody actually travelling to the Solomon Islands,and would be so kind to send me a postcard from there,please e-mail me for my address at:hanan6@hotmail.com
      Thank u so much!!!hanan from Hungary

1 Answer Dec 3, 2007 at 11:22 PM
    • Surfing In Western Province?

Western Province Jul 30, 2006 at 2:28 AM

Can anyone out there give me some advice on surfing in Soloman Islands. I've heard there are waves on Skull Island? What would be the best island to base yourself on? What time of the year is best for surfing? Are all the surf spots accessible by boat only or are there waves you can get to from land? Anything else you can think of would be much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Matt

2 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 5:04 AM
    • New Plymouth Boys High School 1986-1887

Solomon Islands May 28, 2006 at 5:40 PM

Yes I have tried all of those websites, and nada ! I was hoping someone would know of them, or have family living in the Solomons who know them,
      Rueben Tovutovu, Mathew Korinihona, Peter Korinihona, all went to New Plymouth Boys High in 1986-87 and played in our First XI Soccer Team.
      Is there a better Forum to post a question?
      Thanks Steve.

• Old School Friends,NZ.

Solomon Islands May 23, 2006 at 5:05 PM

Hi, I was hoping someone may be able to help. I am looking for several friends from my High School, that I have lost touch with. I attended NPBHS in New Plymouth, and these guys were all fantastic Soccer player.
      Does anyone know where Mathew and Peter Korinahona, Rueben Tovutovu, Willie Idomas, and Eric Naitoro are?
      contact me on mathesonsr@hotmail.com or reply to this post.
      Thanks Steve.

7 Answers Jul 29, 2007 at 6:26 PM
    • cybergenic's Profile Photo

Warning rather than a question !

Solomon Islands Apr 21, 2006 at 11:57 PM

Australian Government Official Warning Solomon Islands
      This Advice is current for Saturday, 22 April 2006

Summary
      We advise you to reconsider your need to travel to Solomon Islands at this time because of continuing significant civil unrest in Honiara following the announcement on 18 April of the results of the recent prime ministerial elections.
      You should avoid unnecessary travel and crowds in and around the city centre, eastern Honiara and Chinatown areas in particular.
      If you decide to travel to Solomon Islands, you should exercise extreme caution. Monitor the media for information about possible new safety or security risks.
      Because of the unpredictable security situation we strongly recommend that you register your travel and contact details with us, so we can contact you in an emergency.

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • Budget accomodation in Honiara

Solomon Islands Apr 20, 2005 at 6:42 AM

I'm a 4th year medical student, two of us are planning to go to the Solomon Islands in June till August to do a placement at the National Referral Hospital. Does anyone know of any good but not too expensive accomodation that's not too far from the hospital?

Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 2, 2006 at 2:16 AM
    • Is it possible?

Solomon Islands Dec 6, 2003 at 7:15 AM

Okay. i have been writing to my penpal in the Solomon Islands for a number of 6years now and i have finally decided to go and visit him. However, a few things are stopping me, like i dont know how much it will roughly cost to go there and how long will i be able to stay without a visa. I plan to go in Spring 2005 and my penpal has told me i can living with him, and i will just need my air fair. I will be much appreciative if anyone can get back to me.

3 Answers Dec 14, 2003 at 8:20 PM