Be the First to Answer

Popular Sogn og Fjordane Travel Answer Locations

• Flam to Voss

Flåm Jul 7, 2014 at 12:35 PM

What are the public transport options from Flam to Voss
      ?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • Jammerman's Profile Photo

Bus transport to Alesund from Sognefjord?

Balestrand Jun 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Planning well ahead (1 year) for early June 2015 trip to Norway. Working North thru Fjords.
      Can someone tell me if there is a bus transport to Alesund from any of the locations in the Sognefjord , either Sogndal, Balestrand, Fjaerland, or other location
      Thanks

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Bus from Flam to Myrdal

Flåm May 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Is there a coach from Flam to Myrdal, and how long does it take and where do we uy tickets? Thanks

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • B-AlRushaidi's Profile Photo

Shipping a car from Flam to the Lofoten Island

Flåm May 20, 2014 at 4:43 AM

hello
      I will be travelling from Oslo to flam by rented car and i want to visit the Lofoten Island (Bodo, Reine and Svolvaer) which is fart distance from Flam. My question is there any ferry or boats that i can ship the car from Flam or bergen to the Lofoten Island? please advise.

1 Answer May 20, 2014 at 5:44 AM
    • Short connections at Myrdal - safe to book?

Flåm May 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM

I'll be taking the train from Bergen - Flåm in August, and have read in some (quite old) forums that the trains are super reliable and, if they are ever late, will wait for passengers connecting to the Flåm railway and/or mainline. However, NSB has a warning on their website about booking short connections. I'm wondering if the trains can be relied upon and whether it is true that they will wait in the event of a journey in either direction being delayed? The options often seem to be either 7min or 90mins between connections, and I understand there is nothing at Myrdal to occupy one's time. Many thanks in advance for your advice!

3 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Flam Accommodation

Flåm May 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I am hoping to travel from Bergen to Oslo, stopping on the way to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour. I thought a good option would be to travel from Bergen to Flam, then do the Flam-Aurlandsfiord-Naeroyfiorden-Voss Tour, return to Flam, spend the night there or nearby, and continue on to Oslo the next day. The intention of course is to spend a night in the beautiful Norwegian scenery, but without spending a fortune on the experience.

Does anyone have an suggestions on a good place to stay in the area?

And is there any other equally nice scenery anywhere else in the Bergen area?

Or any other suggestions?

4 Answers May 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    • touring once off the ship

Flåm Apr 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM

we are going on a cruise from Southampton on may 9. its our first time . so don't know how to get around once we leave the ship. what is the cost of taxi . compared with take a tourist package from the boat

3 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Flam to Sogndal

Flåm Feb 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM

We are planning to go from Flam to Sogndal and the next day from Sogndal for glacier walk at Nigardsbreen around 17 or 18 Jun, What transportation can we take for these two trips? I knew from postings online that there is no ferry for Flam to Sogndal in summer. Is that right?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    • Flam Railway

Flåm Feb 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Do you have the schedule for the end of June, 2014. Can you reserve a seat on the Flam Railway in advance of your arrival?

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    • Flam to Voss or Flam to Bergen by bus?

Flåm Feb 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Hey,

Does anyone know a reliable site to check if there is any bus service from Flam to Bergen or to Voss t least. I wanted to travel from Flam to Bergen on 04.05.2014, but there are no trains due to some train engineering works.

Many thanks!

7 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    • TheAndos's Profile Photo

Flam Railway

Flåm Jan 14, 2014 at 5:47 PM

We are going to Bergen in July and then taking the Express Boat to Flam and then rail to Oslo. It seems that I can book both the boat and the train separately online for a lot less than the price on the website Norway in a Nutshell. Am I missing something??!! Any advice welcome. Thanks.

5 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    • Myrdal to Gudvangen

Gudvangen Jan 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Is the road from Myrdal to Gudvangen via the Stalheimskleiv Hotel - the steep road.?

8 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • Fjords tour in November?

Flåm Oct 22, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I'm going to be in Oslo for a week from November 5th and would love to squeeze in a trip up to Flam to see the fjords. The only thing I'm concerned about is whether it would be a complete waste of time in November. What is visibility like in the fjords this time of year? At the moment i don't know whether to book the whole Norway in a nutshell package with the boat trip/on to Bergen/then back to Oslo on the night train, or just get the train up to Flam, explore it on foot and get the train back to Oslo that evening (by missing out the boat I can cut the cost of the trip in half so want to know if it would really be worth it. Any advise would be much appreciated!

1 Answer Oct 25, 2013 at 3:12 AM
    • Transportation to Gudvangen

Flåm Aug 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Hi, We're planning our trip to Gudvangen through Flam, but heard the tunnel is closed so we have to take the boat. But the last one leaves before we arrive in Flam. Is there a taxi company we can call, or is that too expensive. Staying a night in Flam is not an option since everything is fully booked. (sat. 17 aug).

4 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    • Flam parking

Flåm Jul 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Hallo, I would like to visit Flam by car but I don't know if there is a parking. I also would like to know if there is a luggage deposit in the station.
      Thank you

3 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    • Flam, Norway

Flåm Jul 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

What about Flam, Norway? Have been there? We are 4 brazilians plannig to take a Ferry from Flam to Gudvangen (+- 2hs) (fiords) and coming back to Flam, by bus (only 25 min).
      Also, we want to rent a car to visita around Flam, where w'll to sleep for 2 days. Any body had experience on there? Thanks answering.
      Mario Rogerio

7 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • Flam to Undredal

Flåm Jun 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Hello, we're booked on the Norway in a Nutshell and for our night in Flam we've booked an apartment in Undredal. What's the best way to get there and the cost please?
      Thank you!
      Tanya

5 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • FloA's Profile Photo

Flam to Gudvangen Ferry, Need to book?

Flåm Jun 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Hello, 2 of us are planning to do the NIN on 5 or 6 July. Should we book the ferry/boat ride in advance for this time of the year, will tickets sell out beforehand? I've checked that there are no Big Cruise Ships docking in Flam on 5-6July, does that means there should be tickets for the boat? I'm hoping we can wait till we get to Flam to buy the tickets, so that we can go a day with nice weather.

1 Answer Jun 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    • Flam - Gudvangen Ferry

Flåm Jun 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Touring the Bergen area and plan to see some of the fjords.

Which is the more popular direction, Flam to Gudvangern or vice versa? The trip includes a bus back regardless of the direction we go.

4 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    • Taxi between Stryn & Briksdalen

Stryn May 29, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I will be traveling to Norway early June and would like to have glacier walk in Briksdalen.

However, I find that I can't depart from Stryn, have glacier walk and then back to Stryn in the same day by public bus. So I would like to know the price of taking a taxi from Stryn to Briksdalen in the morning (around 9:00) and then back to Stryn in the afternoon (around 18:00) in the same day.

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jun 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    • Car Or Train - Oslo airport to Flam and return

Flåm May 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I plan to spend 3 nights in Flam along with my parents - we are 3. I am flying in to Oslo and flying out of Oslo. I was wondering if I should take the train from Oslo airport to Flam (with 2 changes) and return, Or rent a car from Oslo airport? There is not much of a price difference. Can someone guide me on the best option I should take? I don't want to miss out on the scenic views.

2 Answers May 26, 2013 at 2:53 AM
    • Car rental in Flam

Flåm May 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM

We are planning to visit Flam and around this Aug., but I could'nt find any car rental information for Flam, Have I to rent cars from Voss and drive to Flam? Is there any possibility to pick and drop two cars at Flam?

4 Answers May 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    • kayak tour - where to go ashore & camp

Gudvangen Apr 21, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Hello,
      we (mother and son, 51 and 15) plan a kayak tour in naeröfjorden, auerlandfjorden, sognefjorden and lustrafjorden from gudvangen or flam to Solvorn and back on May 20 to 30 this year. We have a wooden Kayak and a Klepper folding Kayak. We ask for your advice:
      -do we need helmets in the fjord because of falling rocks?
      -is there a tide?
      -is wind a problem for kayaking esp. in the sognefjord ? and, mainly,
      -is it possible to go ashore & find place for a small tent at

1.salthella in the naerofjord
      2.stokkahamaren or stokko in the aurlandsfjord (near
      Beitelen )
      3.Simleness in the aurlandsfjord
      4.Fronningen in the sognefjord or tingastad (north shore
      sognefjord)
      5. Fodness in the sognefjord, at the ligthhouse, or
      Aspvikane or °Aretun
      6. Kinsedalen
      7. Urnes

We have 1:50 000 maps of the region and dry suits and of course life suits etc.
      We are thankfully looking forward to your advice,
      gratefully

Susanne Gandenberger and Tobias Bachem

5 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • valeriealicejones's Profile Photo

travel

Skjolden Mar 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM

how can i get to the flam railway from skjolden ?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    • mirchica's Profile Photo

Tickets at the station

Myrdal Jan 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Hello VT-ers,

I'm traveling from Oslo to Flam and I have already purchased a ticket to Myrdal. I'll have to buy a ticket to Flam from the Myrdal station but as I saw in the website nsb.no/stations_kn/myrdal-st... there is no vending machine nor staff at the station. I guess in this way I have to buy it from the train but I'm not sure as it is a tourist train. If I have to take it from the train should I pay another 20 NOK as there is no vending machine at the station?
      And also if the train from Oslo has a delay for some reason, will the train to Flam wait for the passengers (normally there are 16 minutes between both trains).

Thanks a lot!
      Mira

4 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    • Flåm-Gudvangen boat tour on Nærøyfjord - worth it?

Flåm Sep 2, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Hi we are taking the express boat from Bergen at 8am, arriving in Flam at around 13.30. We are leaving Flam the following day at 11am to go to Oslo, and we are wondering what to do in Flam that afternoon. Do you think it is worth taking the Flåm-Gudvangen boat tour on Nærøyfjord which leaves Flam at 15:00? Apparently it takes 2 hours, so we would be spending about 8 hours on a boat that day, which is a long time!

Do you think that the views from the express boat are enough to get a flavor of the fjords or is it worth taking the extra boat trip in the afternoon as well? The alternative is to spend the afternoon walking around Flam.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

7 Answers Sep 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    • Where to get lunch when going on Flam railway?

Flåm Aug 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Hi I am taking the train on the Flam railway from Flam at 11am, arriving at Myrdal at 11.59, leaving at 12.25 on the Bergen railway arriving in Oslo at 17 36. I was wondering if there is anywhere to buy lunch at Myrdal station? If not, is there food available on the train or is it best to buy a packed lunch in Flam?

Many thanks for your advice!

8 Answers Sep 2, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    • Best way to go from Balestrand to Sogndal Airport?

Sogn og Fjordane Jun 1, 2012 at 5:30 AM

Hi. Four of us, with 4 pieces of luggage, will be in Balestrand in July. We'll need to get to the Sogndal airport to fly to Oslo. So far the choices seem to be: 2 buses, taxi (but based on a phone conversation this morning, they don't all speak English there, so hard to say if the luggage will fit), or rental car (US150 extra to drop it off at the Airport.)

Any suggestions/advice appreciate. Thanks.

• Norway in a nutshell

Flåm Apr 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Have decided to do Norway in a nutshell trip whilst in Flam.
      This will take us from Flam to Myrdal. We will change trains and travel to Voss.
      We will then travel by coach stopping at Tvinde Waterfall and passing the Oppheim Lake. At the valley floor the route will follow the Naeroy Riverand back to Flam.

I wondered if anyone could tell me what side of the trains or coach we should sit on to get the best view of the scenery.

I always seem to sit on the wrong side!!!!!!

Many thanks

• Travel from Floro to Sognefjord

Florø Apr 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM

How to travel from Floro to Sognefjord? Then further to Flam from there by Flam Railway to MyrdaL.