Sogn og Fjordane Travel Answers

change location

3 day tour the end of April

by rfrlin Online Now Mar 2, 2006 at 8:29 PM

I see a lot of great thoughts on the Sogn og Fjordane. My wife and I plan on spending three days in the area at the end of April 2006. I will have a rental car to drive from Bergen. I am thinking of staying in Sogndal and taking day trips. I want to take the most scenic loops available that time of year. Thinking of North around Geiranger one day, Balestrand west one day and Lustrafjord the last day. Too ambitious? Slow down and concentrate in an area more? Help! Advice. Looking for beautiful fjord views and quant towns.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and or experiences including warnings of what to avoid.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • rjsol's Profile Photo

RE: 3 day tour the end of April

by rjsol Online Now Mar 6, 2006 at 3:01 AM

If you have your car early in the day you should go Stalheim Gudvangen Flåm Laerdal Kaupanger. Stop Flaam, rent a bike, take train ride to Myrdal, bike down. check www.nsb.no for timetables on this. Undredal, a small detour on the raod between Gudbvangen and Flaam.
    A little early in the year for my other suggestions i'm afraid, there will still be lots of snow outside the roads. Go Geiranger and stay Alexandra Hotel in Loen instead of one of the Sogndal nights

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: 3 day tour the end of April

by rfrlin Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 3:55 PM

Thanks Risol. I will take your comments seriously.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Sogn og Fjordane Travel Answer Locations