Sofia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Campsites in Melnik Bulgaria

Melnik Apr 7, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Is there a campsite in or near Melnik and if so will it be open in May. Or is it safe to wild camp in a Campervan ? Thank you

more
    • Varna, Bulgaria Reviews

Varna Apr 20, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Anyone available to give a review on the latest on Varna, Bulgaria, as all the reviews seem to be from 2006 and earlier!

more
    • train or bus from bucharest to burgas

Burgas Mar 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM

hi,
      i would like to know what is the best way to get burgas from bucharest? the dats is 23/4.
      thank you, alon

more
    • What to do on a summer vacation

Varna Apr 17, 2014 at 7:47 AM

We are two 17 year old Girls who are going to visit Golden Sands and Varna in the summer. Do you have any recommandations for what we can do the two weeks we are staying there? We want to explore the city, shop and just have a good time :)

more
    • how to get to Sandanski from Sofia

Sandanski Apr 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM

How do i get to Sandanski by train or by bus on Sunday the 13th of April?? from Sofia.
      thank you.

Jacob Brock email: JACOBB@WBTAZ.NET

more
    • Cheap 3 night excursion to Istanbul from Varna

Varna Apr 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM

My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Varna on the 22 of June, 2014. We'd like to leave for Istanbul the following day and spend 3-5 nights there. What is a good website that lists possible excursions for that time frame? Is it worth it to book an excursion in advance or just do it in person once we're in Varna?

more
    • Big Trip istanbul -Bourgas and Borgas-sofia

Bulgaria Mar 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Hey Guys ,
      I am Having a conference in Sunny beach in april and i am getting very confused on my trip so any answers i would love them :)

The best Trip i might take so far is to reach istanbul then take a bus to bourgas which would take around 7 hours would that be Safe as in a road destination ? Secondly how i can Book this ticket ?

Also On My way back i want to go Bourgas-Sofia so from DBZ Website i saw the Train would take around 6 hours which is cool but my question is it better to travel at night (22:00 till 6 am ) and have a sleeping train or go in the morning at 5 am till 12 ? in terms of safety ? also in terms of punctuality are the trains usually late ?

I would really appreciate the help

more
    • Sunny beach in may worth it ?

Sunny Beach Apr 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I booked flights to bulgaria with the intention of going to sunny beach for a week starting thr 12th of may . Will there be enough people there to have a good time ?

more
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

public transport Sofia

by fool_moon Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM

how to get from Sofia Airport to the Central station ?

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • Need bus details from Sofia to Skopje

by johnmayp Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hi all - I need to travel by bus, one way, from Sofia to Skopje on 19 April 2014. The schedules and companies that I've read thus far are far from clear. I'd ideally like to find something leaving SOF mid-afternoon on the 19th of April for a late arrival in Skopje but, again, I'm not finding recent or decent schedule, company or time information. I have found something named 'matpu' but their website doesn't have an English translation available. Since I will be in Sofia for such a short period of time, I really need to be armed with this information before I arrive in Sofia. Anyone that has any information would be most appreciated!!
      Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    • Sofia to Skopje

by Rajeevkumar Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM

How does one travel from Sofia to Skopje?

2 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • NishantJha's Profile Photo

Vacation with an infant

by NishantJha Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 7:26 AM

How safe and fun is a Sofia 4-days trip with a 6 months old infant in End of July 2014? is it too hot? is it unsafe during late evenings and nights? are the restaurants/cafes infant friendly? Thanks in advance...Nishant

4 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    • information

by elburki Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 12:36 PM

is there any one will be in Sofia from Jan-24-2014 ?

1 Answer Jan 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    • Artistic gymnastics

by stenger Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 7:49 AM

in which sports arena in Sofia do the european championships of artistic gymnastics in may 2014 take place?

2 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    • Sofia independant galleries

by Hohoho2013 Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Are you able to tell me where and a little about independent galleries are in Sofia? Many thanks

2 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM
    • vanessacosta's Profile Photo

New Year Eve

by vanessacosta Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Hello,

Please can someone send me some sites with packages for New year eve, with dinner, hotel, etc included.
      Thank you

2 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 8:02 PM
    • bus services

by drumheller Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Could anyone tell me about the bus services from & to Sofia / Koprivshtitsa.
      Thank you,

2 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    • Sofia Transport Ticket and Renting

by iitpp0 Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM

1. I want to buy the ticket "Monthly personalized card for all lines of the public transportation" recommended in http://metrosofia.com/en/tickets, please help me to call 070013233 on www.sofiatraffic.bg, to ask how to buy this card and the condition of this card, do I just use my passport to buy this card ?

2. Please recommend some LOCAL Websites for Sofia (Room and Flat) Renting ( .bg etc but not those .com that try to rip off the foreigners ), plus even some local newspaper names that are popular for local renting advertisings, are also helpful.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    • luxluke's Profile Photo

Medium-term accommodation in Sofia

by luxluke Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Hi all,
      I will be staying in Sofia for about 3 months and I wonder what the best solution might be for such a length of stay, as I doubt that there are leases for that short a period of time.

7 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Money change in Sofia

by yavili Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 3:25 AM

I've read bad stories for money changing. The preference seems to be banks over exchange offices. I need to change money both at the airport and in downtown. Do you recommend any specific exchange offices or should I stick with the banks?

4 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    • Sofia-Bucharest bus

by yair25m Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Hello,

I woud like to know at what time does the bus from Sofia to Bucharest departs and also what is the name of the station.

Thanks
      Yair

4 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    • oscar1960's Profile Photo

Sofia Night Life

by oscar1960 Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Tired of outdated information. Online guides are useless. Most postings have no date and are outdated, inaccurate or no longer useful. The question is: Where does a middle aged man can go out at night in Sofia? Folk, rock & roll, disco, lounge, retro music its all the same for me so music type its not an issued for me. Just looking for people my age (or as close as possible to my age bracket) hang out places.
      Thank you all

2 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    • parking in sofia

by panosz Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Hi
      Im travelling to Sofia with my own car . After that I will travel to Varna by train . Is there any guarded parking near the Sofia central train station that I can use ?
      Thanks
      Panos

3 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    • jamihe's Profile Photo

Busses to Skopje

by jamihe Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Hi, I have plannned to travel to Skopje in July 2013. I checked the connections from the web page of the Sofia bus station and there seems to be only one daily bus (at 00 hr) to Skopje. As I checked earlier this year, there were several. Are the now just fewer connecstions or does the web page just not show them all? Any ideas? Anyway, how crowded might those available lines to Skopje be during the summer time? Could there be diffilculties in getting a place in the busses if asking tickes the day before?

2 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 2:27 AM
    • sean65's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendations near Theater Sofia and Zaimov Park

by sean65 Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Hi

I'll be working a couple of days a week near Theater Sofia/Zaimov Park

Any recommendations for places to eat within walking distance?

Nice Steaks/ribs or fish options....

Thanks
      Sean

• Arusha to Moshi after dark?

by karikky4e Online Now Dec 17, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Hello,
      We will travel from Nairobi to Arusha with the bus that starts at 14:00 o'clock, and will arrive around 18:30 - 19:00. Because our hotel is in Moshi, is there any possible way to go to Moshi the same day? Daladalas, taxi or something else?
      Thank you in advance.

1 Answer Dec 21, 2012 at 12:57 AM
    • arturowan's Profile Photo

Sofiya>Romcha

by arturowan Online Now Nov 10, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Is there autobus from Sofiya central bus station, direct to Vlado Trichkov (Balkan Range, Romcha) ?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    • 7_seconds's Profile Photo

wellness treatments in sofia or plovdiv - urgent!

by 7_seconds Online Now Oct 14, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Hello,
      i've been searching the internet for some wellness, spa center in Sofia or Plovdiv in Bulgaria that issues gift certificates which can be bought online.
      The thing is, I have a friend there who I'd like to buy a gift certificate for massage treatment or some spa program for her birthday, but there has to be an option paying over internet, or from foreign account or whatever.
      Please help!
      Thank you!

5 Answers Oct 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    • MaxiB's Profile Photo

night life in sofia

by MaxiB Online Now Oct 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM

me and my friends will be in sofia in january we come from malta and we are all guys no girls mind u we r not gays just wanted to know if it is easy to find a few bulgrian girls to hang out with do girls come over to speak to a man or the man has to do the first step???

5 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    • Overnight train from Sofia to Bukarest

by Lesson Online Now Sep 8, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Hello all,

I am travelling through Sofia in October and I was wondering if it is a hassle to book an overnight train ride (in a sleeping wagon) from Sofia to Bucharest in Sofia itself. I'm from Germany and I went to the Deutsche Bahn counter and asked if I could book it from here, but it's not possible. They couldn't even give me a website I could book it from. So I was wondering if I go to a counter in Sofia, will communicating this be a difficulty?
      I have an interrail ticket, which means I won't have to book the train ride, just the sleeping wagon. Has anyone done this before? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards

3 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 5:59 AM
    • where is ?

by EllaSam Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Please can you tell me where is the llientzi market in sofia? AND WHEN DOES IT OPEN PLEASE? DAYS AND TIME. THANKS SO MUCH.

1 Answer Aug 31, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    • TRANSFER TO OHRID, MACEDONIJA

by roleksroleks Online Now Jun 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM

How much is transfer with taxi Sofija - Ohrid, Macedonija?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jun 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM
    • sam1999's Profile Photo

Public transport from Sofia to Ravda

by sam1999 Online Now May 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Hi,

I am travelling to Sofia in June , spending a few nights there and then travelling to Ravda for 5 days, we had originally booked a car rental but have now decided to use either a bus or train, can anyone advise me of trains and buses that travel from Sofia to Ravda and how long they take and how much they cost, we will be travelling back to sofia for our flight back to UK also.

Thanks

Sam :-)

10 Answers May 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    • terezaba's Profile Photo

english liturgy in Sofia

by terezaba Online Now May 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Hi! I'm going to Sofia in July and I'd like to attend a holy mass in English there. I only found out about the Catholic Concathedral St. Joseph. Are there any other churches with English Liturgy? (preferably on Sunday or Monday)

• Homanded's Profile Photo

Sofia to Istanbul

by Homanded Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Am planning a multi country tour over the span of 1 month, culminating in Turkey.
      Am looking for affordable ideas for onward travel between Sofia and Istanbul.
      Any ideas?

Trains and buses seem very long and I don't want to spend a day of travel between the two and airfares seem outrageous.
      Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Homer (and Ed)

12 Answers Apr 5, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    • jvilanova's Profile Photo

Moving to Sofia

by jvilanova Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I am moving to Sofia in less than 10 days. I am looking for a reliable, trustworthy, safe and, of course VERY AFFORDABLE driver, taxi etc. for local rides, pick up etc. We are talking no less than an average of two runs per day plus one/two more on weekends (nights?) Not looking for luxurious means of transportation and, needless to say, not picky on car make as long as its safe. Any contacts? Any suggestions?. Thank you all.

2 Answers Mar 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

money exchange

by mindcrime Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM

what is the best place (better rate) for exchanging money in Sofia? is the difference at the airport a rip off so to do only a few euros and then the rest in the city center?

12 Answers Mar 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

easy day trips from Sofia?

by mindcrime Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 2:45 AM

is there any suggestions for day trips from Sofia during winter period?
      we wont have a car so it must be easy to do it by bus or train.

what we're looking for is to visit a small town in the morning, walk around for 1-2 hours, probably see a monument, have lunch and return back to Sofia.

10 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 4:07 AM