Sofia Travel Answers

change location
lolo5's Profile Photo

funky places in sofia

by lolo5 Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 9:51 PM

hello
I shall be in sofia for one week end of june and I am very interested in having some names and addresses (if possible, please!) of very funky places where the funky people of sofia are gathering, young and crazy aartists and the less commercial and more urban contemporary art galleries, cafffes, etc.

I had once seen on some french tv a reportage about a great places somehwre in sofia with a library, ateleir d'artiste, caffe, and a lot of green trees and herbs around...a place that thebartists themselves have established and they are running...does anyone know about this place? there are places like that I ma interested in, without being too underground, of course, not really in the squatting or "too alternative" culture..

Thank you a lot!!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Venelin's Profile Photo

Re: funky places in sofia

by Venelin Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 3:08 AM

programata.bg/index.php?p=26...

This is the weekly guide for the most important cultural and entertainment events in Sofia. Apart from exhibitions and galleries you have a list of very many bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. They all seem to have an English description and pictures, so I guess it can help you.

www.bgmaps.com

is a good website for locating addresses in Sofia and other cities. It has an English version, too.

Hope that helps
    Venelin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines