Travel Answers
Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How do I write/convert Icelandic alphabets to English alphabets?

Iceland Jan 30, 2016 at 4:13 AM

Sorry if this question is out of point for this forum but this is my best chance...
      I need to fill up a written form at my local bank to send currency to Iceland.
      Problem is, my bank requires the form to be written in English block letters.

Borgartúni = Borgartuni
      Lögreglan = Logreglan
      Höfuðborgarsvæðinu = Hofuoborgarsvaeoinu

Will the above alphabet substitution make sense to the Icelanders??

Looking forward to your advice!
      Thank you so much!!! :)

more
    • Iceland Traveller UK company

Iceland Jan 21, 2016 at 5:26 AM

Has anyone used http://icelandtraveller.co.uk/ to book tours? Since this is our first trip to Iceland we want to make sure we're using good tour companies.

more
    • Breakfast In Rejkevik

Iceland Jan 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM

We will be arriving in Iceland the morning of Feb 21 and then staying at Rejkevik, Natura Hotel. Although the hotel does have a restaurant that serves breakfast we would prefer not to eat there that first morning since we are entitled to free breakfast AFTER that day. Is there a restaurant close to the hotel that serves Breakfast? We must be back to the hotel by 12:30 for pickup for an excursion. It seems the only restaurants for breakfast are in the City Center and we are afraid we would have a hard time getting there and back in time. Suggestions???????

more
    • JustPo's Profile Photo

Booking tours while in Iceland

Iceland Jan 16, 2016 at 5:14 PM

I'll be in Iceland first week of June 2016 and wanted to do some tours (golden circle, puffin, south shore). Will I be okay waiting til I get there to book them? I don't want to book them in advance just in case I want to relax or switch days due to weather. I'm so excited!!

more
    • MaryLfloyd's Profile Photo

Sights outside of Reykjavik

Iceland Jan 15, 2016 at 5:39 AM

If we only have a week in Iceland, aside from Reykjavik, what would the one or two other major locations be that we should travel to to get a more of a sense of the country? Thingvellir National Park? Thjorsarver Wetlands? Golden Circle? Any of the glaciers? Ion, Glymur, Budir, Stracta, or Kerlingarfjoll hotels? Or any other sights?

more
    • Iceland airfairs?

Iceland Jan 27, 2016 at 8:06 AM

I just joined, and can't find how to do a search.

I am flying to Greenland in July, from Toronto, and from what I see, the routes are through Iceland. This is good because after GL I will be going to IL for 2 weeks.

Hoping you folks can give me suggestions on cheapest airlines, or if I should use travel agent?

What is good approximation of US dollars to get there?

Thanks so much.

(Also, where do I find a search tool in VT?)

more
    • Northern Lights in August and September?

Iceland Jan 27, 2016 at 7:56 AM

I assume yes for these months, but want to double check...thx

more
    • MaryLfloyd's Profile Photo

How far ahead to book airfare to Reykjavik?

Iceland Jan 14, 2016 at 1:51 PM

I want to fly to Reykjavik from New York this March (2016). How far ahead should I look to book airfare in order to get the lowest price?

more
    • 6 days in Iceland in February

Iceland Jan 17, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Hello! I am planning a trip to Iceland at the end of February and wanted advice on the possible itinerary. We would like to spend a few days in Reykjavik but also want to go to the Vatnajökull region. Some of the things we know we'd like to do are visit the Blue Lagoon, wander around Reykjavik, go on a tour of the Golden Circle and I'm really interested in checking out the ice caves and glaciers, which is why we want to go to the Vatnajökull region. How easy will it be to drive between these places during February? Any advice on the itinerary and other things to see and do would be appreciated!

more
    • Iceland puchases

South Iceland Jan 11, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Is there a need to get Iceland's currency or can US dollars be spent?

more

Popular Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Travel Answer Locations