change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bus connection from N.Gorica to Ljubljana 1.05

Mestna Obcina Nova Gorica 7 hours ago

Hello,

Are there any bus connections between Nova Gorica and Ljubljana on 1.05.?
      Are there any connections to Venice/Mestre or Udine on that day from Nova Gorica.

Anna

more
    • From BLED (or LJUBLJANA) -To UMAG (Croatia) by Train /or Bus then From UMAG to VENICE

Bled Apr 17, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Hi, We need the following information please : (For Travel on the 14/05/2014)
      Journey 1) :To Depart from LJUBLJANA (Bus /or Train) - To UMAG (Croatia )

Departure Time : Anytime Between 08:00 - 11:00 A.M

Journey 2) : To Depart from UMAG (Bus /or Train )-To VENICE (Italy )or Marco Polo A/P

Departure Time : Anytime Between 17:00 - To 19:00 PM

Journey 3) To Depart from UMAG (Croatia) By Bus /or Train - To LIDO de JESOLO(Italy)

Departure Time : Anytime Between 17:00 To 19:00 PM

Thank you & Kind regards,
      Andy Tan - Aberdeen (Scotland) - eMail : andy18.leo@gmail.com

more
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Ljubljana - Zagreb return fare

Slovenia Apr 14, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Dear all,
      Needed a small clarification.

As per Slovenian train website, one way fare from Ljubljana to Zagreb is 16.4 euros whereas return fare is 26.2 euros.

I wanted to know validity of the return ticket. As in does it have to be a same day return or can I return after say 3 day stay at Zagreb and still avail the return fare discount?

Please help me with this.

Thanks!

more
    • Pletna Boats

Bled Mar 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Is it difficult getting in and out of the pletna boats? It looks like a pretty high step.

more
    • mercedes50's Profile Photo

Walking to Koper from Ship

Koper Apr 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi I'm going to Koper on a cruise i was wondering if i can walk to the old town from the port?

more
    • Hiking in June

Triglav Nacionalni Park Mar 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I'm considering a hike in mid June which includes crossing the higher part of the park, from Dom na Komni via Triglavskih Jezerih to Trenta. Is that feasible considering snow conditions? I do have winter hiking experience but I don't plan to carry full winter gear - will have some traction ("microspikes") and poles, as well as good 3-season waterproof boots etc.

Thanks!

more
    • Help with travel

Slovenia Apr 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM

How do I get from Ljubljana - Slovenia to Hermagor-Austria please any help would be brilliant, thank you .....

more
    • From BLED (or LJUBLJANA) -To UMAG (Croatia) by Train /or Bus then From UMAG to VENICE

Bled Apr 17, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Hi, We need the following information please : (For Travel on the 14/05/2014)
      Journey 1) :To Depart from LJUBLJANA (Bus /or Train) - To UMAG (Croatia )

Departure Time : Anytime Between 08:00 - 11:00 A.M

Journey 2) : To Depart from UMAG (Bus /or Train )-To VENICE (Italy )or Marco Polo A/P

Departure Time : Anytime Between 17:00 - To 19:00 PM

Journey 3) To Depart from UMAG (Croatia) By Bus /or Train - To LIDO de JESOLO(Italy)

Departure Time : Anytime Between 17:00 To 19:00 PM

Thank you & Kind regards,
      Andy Tan - Aberdeen (Scotland) - eMail : andy18.leo@gmail.com

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Ljubljana - Zagreb return fare

Slovenia Apr 14, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Dear all,
      Needed a small clarification.

As per Slovenian train website, one way fare from Ljubljana to Zagreb is 16.4 euros whereas return fare is 26.2 euros.

I wanted to know validity of the return ticket. As in does it have to be a same day return or can I return after say 3 day stay at Zagreb and still avail the return fare discount?

Please help me with this.

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • mercedes50's Profile Photo

Walking to Koper from Ship

Koper Apr 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi I'm going to Koper on a cruise i was wondering if i can walk to the old town from the port?

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    • Help with travel

Slovenia Apr 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM

How do I get from Ljubljana - Slovenia to Hermagor-Austria please any help would be brilliant, thank you .....

9 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    • Hiking in June

Triglav Nacionalni Park Mar 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I'm considering a hike in mid June which includes crossing the higher part of the park, from Dom na Komni via Triglavskih Jezerih to Trenta. Is that feasible considering snow conditions? I do have winter hiking experience but I don't plan to carry full winter gear - will have some traction ("microspikes") and poles, as well as good 3-season waterproof boots etc.

Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • Pletna Boats

Bled Mar 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Is it difficult getting in and out of the pletna boats? It looks like a pretty high step.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    • Train or Bus ?

Maribor Mar 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Which is the best way to travel for seniors to travel (with a large suitcase each) ,from Maribor to Vienna.
      Appreciate your help.

Kind Regards
      Bev.

6 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Day trips.

Koper Mar 17, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Could you suggest some day trips from Koper by public trasnportation? I have already been to Piran.

1 Answer Mar 17, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

TO STAY IN LJUBLJANA OR LAKE BLED OR LAKE BOHINJ FOR 1 NIGHT WITH FAMILY

Slovenia Mar 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM

WE ARE ON WAY FROM CROATIA TO SALZBURG IN JULY, AND WANT TO STAY 1 NIGHT AS A BREAK.
      WHICH IS THE RIGHT PLACE AND A GOOD HOTEL?

2 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • Car rental

Slovenia Mar 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Can I rent a car in France and drive to Slovenia? I've heard that France doesn't allow it.

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM
    • Ice storm in early February

Slovenia Mar 8, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Are there heavy damages in popular tourist attractions and/or access roads?

9 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 12:56 AM
    • bled to garmisch-partenkirchen germany by train

Bled Mar 1, 2014 at 9:56 PM

is there any train from lake bled to garmisch -partenkirchen ? how to buy the train ticket and the timetable for departure? we need the cheapest train ticket.

6 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Hiking to triglav

Triglav Nacionalni Park Feb 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Hi, a couple of friends and I are thinking about hiking in Triglav national park. We would like to climb Triglav mountain as far as we can before needing any sort of special equipment. We would be taking the route from Savica Waterfall, via Koca pri Triglavskih Jezerih or from Stara Fuzina, via Vodnikov Dom na Velem Polju. After getting as close to the top of triglav as possible with limited equipment, we would then descend to Bled. Is this possible and how far up the mountain can we then hike?

Greetings and thanks in advance

2 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 3:29 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Transportation.

Krkavce Feb 16, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Are daily buses from Koper to Krkavce?

• Which SIM?

Slovenia Feb 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Planning a short visit (1 week), need a SIM card for local calls. Any recommendations?

2 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    • Public holidays- 1/2 May

Slovenia Feb 1, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Hi
      Im looking forward to visiting Slovenia in May, but I will be there on 1/2 May BOTH of which are public holidays.
      IM a little worried that there wont be much to do on these days. If I stayed in Ljubljana would much be open?? (Museums/castle etc?) Would any restaurants or supermarkets be open in Ljubljana? If I decided to take a trip to a site Eg: caves etc, would they be open & would there be many buses running or would they be much reduced in frequency?
      Thanks

• Shopping in Slovenia

Slovenia Feb 1, 2014 at 1:36 PM

What is the best time for shopping in Slovenia? When is the end of season sale?

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Where to visit?

Slovenia Jan 27, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Hi there, we are planning to spend a few days in Slovenia this summer. We have been once before, but a very long time ago(in the 1980s) and only to Ljubljana. This time we intend to go to Ljubljana again and travel from there to a few more places. I've had a quick look and identified several places that sound interesting, but would be interested in the views of fellow VTers on where they would recommend. We love nature and history, walking(but not too strenuous) and swimming.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Irene

8 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Ideas for our trip

Slovenia Jan 21, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Hi all, I have started planning our upcoming vacations, this June. Up to now we are only sure that we are going to Cinque Terre (my husband`s wish) and Slovenia (my wish). I´m trying to figure out a good travel plan to please both and doing something else. Our trip ends in Paris, from where we come back to Rio.
      We have 20 to 25 days, we didn´t buy the plane ticket yet as I´m not sure from where we I could start, what we could do by train, or rent a car etc..
      Well I really appreciate any inputs you could give us
      Thanks!

12 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM
    • AlicePrince's Profile Photo

Train Ticket from Ljubljana to Beograd

Piran Jan 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I will be staying in Piran before I go to Ljublana and then to Beograd by train.
      Does anyone know where I can buy a train ticket in Koper for the train trip from Ljubljana to Beograd?

6 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    • sianmacnamara's Profile Photo

lake bohinj

Obcina Bohinj Jan 9, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Are there lots of tourists guides and maps available in the area?

7 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • Train from Budapest to Maribor

Maribor Jan 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM

How much does the train from Budapest to Maribor (which leaves every day at 13:35) cost?

• Venice-Portoroz

Slovenia Jan 1, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I am hoping to travel from Venice to Portoroz middle of February and was wondering what is the beat method of transport to use? I have never been to either two places before and so I am a little apprehensive of my journey. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

4 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM
    • Is anybody there in Velenje?

Velenje Dec 28, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Anybody there wants to hangout in Velenje?

• Weather statistics

Slovenia Nov 19, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Hi,

Where can I find reliable weather statistics of Slovenia? In particular I am interested in average amounts of rain in September in Bled, Skofja loka, and Kranj.

4 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    • Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

RnB Hip Hop clubs

Ljubljana Nov 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hey world I'm off to Ljubljana this Friday 22nd November. Can anyone tell me of any rnb or hip hop clubs that are good on a Friday or Saturday?

Thanks in advance

• Coal mining museum in Velenje

Slovenia Nov 16, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Is it attractive for adults too or would you recommend it for kids only?

4 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    • Indoor attractions

Slovenia Nov 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I am planning a visit to Slovenia next summer and noticed that most of the popular attractions are outdoors, what to do on a rainy day?...

6 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    • Ideas for the last day of our vacation in Slovenia

Slovenia Nov 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Can anybody suggest a one day "off the beaten path" ideas around Bled (already saw most "must see" destinations across Slovenia).

11 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM
    • transfer budapest to terme zrece

Slovenia Nov 5, 2013 at 5:11 AM

hello, we plan a winter holidays in terme zrece and need a transfer from Budapest to Terme zrece. how is it easier and more comfortable (cause we have 2 kids 3/5 years) to get to our destination by train or by car/bus? can u recommend transfer service and where can we look at the timetable of Hungary trains to Slovenia?

6 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM