Slovenia Travel Answers

change location

Gluten free food

by sgqm Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 6:09 AM

Some friends and I are planning to visit Slovenia and we wondered to what extent it will be easy to get gluten free food in stores, in restaurants, and in hotels, especially in Bled and vicinity.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Gluten free food

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Hi
    My gut response is that it may not be that easy. Most visitors find that Slovenia - and particularly Ljubljana - is surprisingly sophisticated, but I can't say that I recall seeing much in the way of gluten-free options advertised. Or perhaps there were, but it got lost in translation, especially if you're English speaking (German is more readily understood).
    It all depends on where you're travelling from, but if it's from within Europe, then I'd suggest that you consider self-catering options and bring your own essential supplies just in case. Slovenia has an excellent range of accommodation options, and travelling as a family with small kids, we had no problem identifying accommodation of this sort.
    Enjoy gorgeous Slovenia - it's still arguably my favourite European travel destination!
    Regards
    Cathy

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Gluten free food

by sgqm Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Thank you Cathy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

by shizo Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I know that spar and mercator have in their shops limited offer in my town. Than it could be in pharmacy stors, drugstores or how you colled them?!?!?
    I don't know for Bled or hotels in it. It's better to have some supplies with you, or even better - call the place you'll stay about it.

1 member found this helpful

by sgqm Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Thank you shizo!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Slovenia Travel Answer Locations