Slough

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Scouse guide in search

Liverpool Nov 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Im travelling with my wife to Merseyside for fifth time later this year. Were
      from Finland and searching for a local guide (maybe couple) to show us
      around. All the must-see places have been spotted, so were looking for
      something different this time. It would be nice to see life bubbling under,
      local life, and make new friends who would be possibly interested for a visit
      here someday. Were travelling 27th dec. and leaving in jan. 1st.

more
    • norwegian kroner coins

London Nov 18, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Is there anywhere i can change norwegian 10 and 20 kroner coins in london in person? many thanks frances

more
    • 3rd date ???

Cheltenham Nov 12, 2014 at 1:57 AM

hello there , I have a problem , the issue is that I have a date upcoming this Saturday evening and we want to do something fun other than the normal cinema, bowling scene , we are going for something to eat later in the evening but I need to fill the time beforehand , we are both in our mid-late 20's

can someone suggest a few ideas in the Gloucestershire area

more
    • OLDENBURG TIMETABLE FROM LUNDY

Lundy Island Nov 23, 2014 at 8:02 AM

is there an ms oldenburg time table for departures FROM Lundy 2015. i have managed to download departure times and arrival times for Bideford and Ilfracombe but not similar for Lundy back to mainland

more
    • Time between non connecting flights

Heathrow Nov 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I will be travelling from New Zealand to Dublin via LAX and heathrow. I've booked from NZ to heathrow on Air New Zealand, arriving at 10.40am. As they don't fly all the way to Dublin I will be booking the last leg on a different airline and will need to transfer my luggage. How long should I allow between the flights?

Thanks for your advice!

more
    • Bristol Cathedral and St Mary Redcliffe - suggest more?

Bristol Nov 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I am a huge architecture fan and enjoy seeing and photographing Gothic style buildings. I just read and article that says the aforementioned two are Gothic architecture and look great. I browsed images and can agree. So, I am about to visit Bristol, would you recommend any more places to see other than those listed in the article:
      eurotravel.answers.com/engla...

more
    • brooksrachel20's Profile Photo

Has anyone know a cheap shipping company in Oxford?

Oxford Nov 21, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I need to ship a few packages to Spain and all the companies I found are really expesive....the only average price I found was from www.onestopworldwide.com but I can't find online any review about this company. Has someone used it before?

Thanks

more
    • Connection time

Heathrow Nov 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking at flying MEL-DUB then LHR-MEL and the cheapest option seems to be a return MEL-LHR with Qatar Airlines and then buying a separate LHR-DUB flight with Aer Lingus. I will be arriving in Terminal 4 at 12:25 and have to fly from Terminal 2 at 14:20. I was just wondering if that will leave me enough time to pick up my luggage, clear customs, check-in and make the Aer Lingus flight?

Any insights would be helpful. Also, I land on the 21st December, will the pre-Christmas rush affect me at all?

more
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

Best place for breakfast

Birmingham Nov 6, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Hi

Going to birmingham on Saturday for the day was just wondering if someone could please tell me the best place to go for breakfast!!
      Thanks

more
    • time to clear passport control

London Nov 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I am arriving back to terminal 3 heathrow on 7th January 2015 with my family. I have booked short stay til 9am is that enough time to clear passport control? Thank you to anyone who could help.

more
    • Popular health food store

London Nov 9, 2014 at 1:58 AM

What is a popular health food store around London?

more
    • How to purchase additional luggage?

London Nov 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Good evening, I need help with purchasing an additional piece of luggage online for a BA flight. I am travelling tomorrow and I cannot do this online (it keeps coming back to the general check in page). Does anyone know if there is an out of hours helpline or a live chat? Or what can I do? I have a lot of additional items I need to bring back home!
      Thanks everybody!

more
    • Best place to tour for 2-3 nights around mid of Dec 2014 [only in UK please].

London Nov 18, 2014 at 4:51 AM

I am currently in London , I want to know Best place to tour for 2-3 nights around mid of Dec 2014.

Thanks In Advance

more
    • Shop identification needed please

Lyme Regis Nov 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

We went to a gift shop that was in some sort of arches facing the sea, does anyone know it and what is was called please, they did all sorts of second hand and new stuff - it was almost like a museum, but they did some nice hand made jewelry, which we would like to have another look at

more
    • Ukrainian Passport. Do I need a visa?

Heathrow Nov 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Hello All,

I have Ukrainian passport. I am traveling from Warsaw, Poland to New York, USA on tourist visa B2 through Heathrow airport.
      On my way to US I arrive in terminal 3 and depart on terminal 3, so I guess I'm good.
      But on my way back to Poland, I need to change terminals - land in terminal 5 and leave from terminal 3 (2 hours layover).
      Is there any UK border control or something like that between these two terminals? I'm worried that I need a transit visa.
      Please advise.

Thank you,
      Mike

more
    • How long from plane to coach at terminal 4 Heathrow

Heathrow Nov 7, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Is an hour long enough from the time of landing to catch a national express coach at Heathrow terminal 4?

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Using mileage seats from/to London on AA vs United on BA and extreme difficulty just securing them.

London Nov 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Quoting Dabs, "Have just booked, found mileage seats (although now extremely perplexed as to why BA's mileage seats' taxes are 4 times United's) and will be in London at the end of November :-)".
      I have also found that high cost for a trip next June on an American millage flight from London using BA. Does any VT member know when the best time, days or way to get mileage seats on American? The only suggestion I had from an agent was to check back every couple of days. We have built up these miles and when we try to use them, it isn't easy.

A side point, it seems that United does make millage seats more readily available, has anyone else found that to be the fact? Just thing to the future. Thanks for all your input and comments.

more
    • How much is train from Luton Parkway to central London?

London Oct 29, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Hi

I'm planning on visiting London, parking at Luton Parkway and then getting the train into central London.

How much is the train if you don't pre-book, as in if I just turned up? Is there more than one train provider? East Midlands Train fares are astronomically priced and I'm hoping for something a bit cheaper.

The train times I'll need will be around 9.00am into London and around 5.30pm back, which I guess will be peak fares.

Also, how long will the journey take.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Beth

more
    • Healthrow Airport Hotel in Terminal - not going through immigration

Heathrow Nov 24, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a 15 hours transit and have a schengen visa so won't be able to go through immigration. Is there a hotel in the terminal I can book?

Thank you for your help.

more
    • manosbar's Profile Photo

Terminal 5 Connection Time - Is it enough?

Heathrow Nov 21, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Hello everyone,

I am wondering whether 65 minutes are enough time to make a connection in Terminal 5. I will fly from ATHens to London Heathrow and then to Washington DC. That means that I won't have to pick up any luggage, but I will probably need to go to one of the shuttle buildings for my departure gate. However, I read that I have to be at my boarding gate 20 minutes before the flight!

That leaves 45 minutes for me to get off the plane, security check, go to boarding gate! I have already started running!! Too worried! frown

Thanks!

more
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

Is it true that there is no deposit on a oyster card if you buy the 7-day pass?

London Nov 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM

If so, what should I do? I will be arriving at Heathrow 11/21/14, but do not want to start a 7-day oyster card until 11/22/14. Would the train ticket from Heathrow with an oyster card for one day , or one ticket for 11/21/14 without the oyster card be cheaper? Can I still avoid the deposit if I add the 7-day card to the oyster card 11/21/14. Is the 7-day oyster card a separate card from the oyster card itself? If I purchase the 7-day card on 11/21/14 and I use the oyster card 11/21/14, has the 7-day card kicked in or can I add a day, so I don't use the 7-day card until 7/22/14? I'm, as you can obviously see, confused. I just want to do this as cheaply as possible. Thanks.

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Oct 29, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi, I'm from China and going to Norway with a Schengen visa.
      Three hours after arriving at terminal 5, I am departing at terminal 5 to Norway.
      Do I need transit visa?

more
    • Do I need a visa for transit in London Airport

London Yesterday

Hi All. I need help to confirm if we need to have a visa, since we are running out of time. our flights is tomorrow with my wife and kid infant going to manila from Florence Italy but we need to transfer to London City Airport to Heathrow for 6hours available time to transfer. do we need the visa? we are just holding filipino passport and working permit in Italy.

Thank you

more
    • sophie_07's Profile Photo

Public transport to Heathrow Airport during Boxing Day

London Nov 17, 2014 at 12:52 AM

I have a return flight booked for the morning of Boxing Day at 9 am from Heathrow Airport. There are no other flights available after that time unfortunately and I have to be at Heathrow by 7am or I will miss my flight! Are there any suggestions to the best way that I can get to the airport that early? As I understand that Tube services are limited on Boxing Day.

more
    • Visiting London 4th december

London Nov 14, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Hi there! I'm a spaniard and I'm visiting London with my wife the next 4th of december to see the turn on of the lights of the Christmas tree at Trafalgar square. Do any of you know at what hour this turn on happens?
      It'll be very crowded?
      Any advice?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Jose

more