Travel Answers
Skrova

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Honningsvag question, any photo ops noting this very northern point? And.

Norway Yesterday

In Honningsvag are there any photo ops noting this very northern point? Or something like in Key West for the most southern point in the US. We will be there mid June on a cruise and, any suggested things to see too, all suggestions are appreciated. Where is the Ice Bar and it worth it?

more
    • Vuorji mountain and Lievnasjaure lake

Finnmark May 10, 2015 at 3:08 AM

My name is Nikki and I live in Amsterdam. I am planning a hiking trip this summer to northern Finnmark in Norway.

I read this book that really inspired me to go over there. I don't know if you have heard about it before, it is really popular in Holland. I believe in English it is called Beyond Sleep, by W.F. Hermans. It is about a scholar going on a fieldtrip in that area.

He starts in Skoganvarre, then heads West towards the Vuorji mountain and the Lievnasjaure lake. Then he goes south to Karasjok and I believe he follows a famous marked trail with small stones too.

I am looking for people with some experience in this area who might have information about these places, the hiking and camping itself and maybe if you know some local guides that can help me.

more
    • IvoPrague's Profile Photo

8 days traveling around Norway

Oslo May 29, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Greetings. I'm going with daughter to Norway. What you can see one all day in Oslo? Do you experience a city tour bus etc.
      Stavenger we will stay 2 all days. Flám - Ulvik one all day.
      Thank you very much for your opinion.Ivo.

more
    • local transportation in Gudvangen

Gudvangen May 27, 2015 at 8:44 AM

spending a day in Gudvangen, looking for car for hire or car rental to see the surrounding areas. Any info appreciated

more
    • Ferries to Brekstad.

Brekstad May 20, 2015 at 10:18 AM

I am flying into Trondheim and have been told to take a ferry to Brekstad from that area. What ferries are available from Trondheim to Brekstad if I don't have a car? Thanks

more
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

2 ays tour Bergen

Bergen May 18, 2015 at 11:04 AM

We are 9 of us (including children) We arrive by morning flight into Bergen on 1st June. We want to go on a sight-seeng directly trip with drop off at hotel in late afternoon. Whom do I contact? Is this workable? What all do we do? We may face a problem as our hotel rooms may be not ready in morning. How do we

Any other Suggestions?

HOW?

more
    • Bus Bergen to Odda??

Odda May 18, 2015 at 4:07 AM

hy ! Does anyone know how much it costs the bus ticket from Bergen to Odda??

more
    • Driving from Bergen to Oslo

Bergen May 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM

We are a family of 3 and will fly in to Bergen in June. We will be staying 2 days in Bergen and we plan to rent a car to drive to Oslo to enjoy the wonderful scenery we heard about. Is it advisable to drive and any recommendation of cheap car rental company? We plan to stay 2 nights in between the journey to Oslo. Where would be a good place to stay over in the route to Oslo? Any advise will be appreciated.

more
    • Midsummer festival night, where to celebrate it best ? Please help !!

Norway May 22, 2015 at 4:23 AM

hello ,
      me and my family are coming from the Uk to celebrate midsummer night in Norway. Please tell me places to celebrated in a best way. We are with 4 years old child.

Looking forward to see your suggestions.

Thank you
      Sibel

more
    • Remon9's Profile Photo

Regarding Visa

Norway May 28, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hello,
      Anyone can help me to get a Tourist visa for Norway? i am living in Bangladesh now.

more
    • Weather in Oslo in September

Oslo May 21, 2015 at 6:35 AM

What is the weather like in Oslo in September? Do we need to pack winter clothing? And does it rain often?

more
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

what is a better choice between Geiranger fiord and Norway in a nutshell

Geiranger May 5, 2015 at 3:54 AM

which is a better choice?

many thanks,

Randy

more
    • GPS Navigation / POI warning legal ?

Norway May 30, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Dear Forum members from Norway,
      I hope somebody from Norway can give me an answer to below question.

Actual Navigation System have ( for example Garmin / TOMTOM ) a build in POI warning wich include warnings for speed cameras as well.

I tryed several sources to find a proved answer if the use of these poi-warnings are legal with norway law, or not.

For example the German ADAC says "no is not" the Austriam ÖAMC says "yes - you can" and the manufacurers of the navigation systems have only "maybe, and maybe not" as an answer.

Hopefully there is somebody from Norway who can give me an actual valid answer based on actual norwegian law on this question:

Is it legal to use navigation systems with buildt in POI warnings for speed cameras in Norway ????

BRGDS
      Andreas from Germany

more
    • IvoPrague's Profile Photo

Advice 8 days in Norway.

Norway May 26, 2015 at 7:03 AM

Cordial greetings you from Prague. I would ask for advice. In late July for 8 days I'm going show my 15-year-old daughter delightful Norway. It is a lot to see, but little time. I searched on the Internet where to go and what to see. For now, I have planned this route. I need advice on whether there is a better way. Thank you. Oslo for two days and 1566 km drive circuit: Oslo - Geiranger - Stavanger - Preikeston -Oslo. Thank you for your answer. Whether the link is lost, my email is safetysignals@seznam.cz. Thank you very much.

more
    • megscharpf's Profile Photo

Stavanger to Jotunheim!I itenerary help!.

Norway May 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM

June 6th -17th experienced hikers and kayakers... we plan to start near Stavanger coming from Oslo with a car can someone recommend the driving itinerary(where should we go first so we are not back tracking etc.. ) The Glacier hike in Jotunheim and besseggen also pulpit rock and trolltunga are top on our list... what should we add /cut ?? So hard,what about Sweden!? overwhelmed with amazing choices!! We will also have camping gear and plan to mix camping and guest houses
      Thank you!! any info much appreciated!

more
    • Myklebust, family farm, located near Haram in early 19th century. Any knowledge of it appreciated.

Møre og Romsdal May 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Visiting the Møre og Romsdal area in early June. Have traced family genealogy to Agerøsand, Haram, Fraena, and Aukra. Would enjoy meeting residents who know history of area in the 1800s. Do you know about Myklebust farm?

more
    • diosh's Profile Photo

Where are these craters?

Norway May 24, 2015 at 2:17 AM

On holiday in Norway, many years ago, we came across a rocky area of deep craters, that we had to be very careful walking around! I have forgotten where they were. Does anyone know of them? Could have been on the island of Hvaler, or near Oppdahl? We also spent time near Lillehammer, but I doubt they were there.
      Photo of me and my sister peering down one in 1962!!

more
    • How to get to Flam from Bergen after 17:15 on June 24, 2015

Bergen May 11, 2015 at 9:12 AM

How to get to Flam from Bergen after 17:15 on June 24, 2015

more
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

norway in a nutshell

Norway May 4, 2015 at 10:40 AM

can it be a lot cheaper to book the oslo to Myrdal train, flam railway,fiordcruise from Flam,bus from gudvangen and train from Voss to Bergen myself and if cheaper can you suggest how.

more