Skipton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rainbow Cottage MALTON

Malton Apr 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to UK and am wondering if anyone knows if Rainbow Cottage in Malton still exists. My grandmother was born there in 1897 and her brother was born in Norton.. We are travelling from Australia and will be our first visit to the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • Transportation from Heathrow to Harrogate

Harrogate Apr 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM

This June we will be landing at Heathrow and need to make our way to Harrogate. Should we use the tube to get from Heathrow to KIngs Cross and then get a train from there, or is there a train that goes directly from Heathrow to Harrogate? It seems like it is much less expensive to travel by train rather than flying.
      Any travel recommendations are greatly appreciated.

more
    • swiftfoot's Profile Photo

North Yorkshire

York Apr 17, 2014 at 6:14 AM

1. My wife and I have 4 days to spend in York in the third week of September. We want to visit a few castles within 50 miles of the city, and also to go out and enjoy the scenery without doing too much walking. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

2. From York, we proceed to Perth, Scotland. Which type of public land transportation will be more scenic?

more
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Canal Festival

by doofus Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 4:17 AM

I originally booked a week in Skipton for June but have just found out that there is a Canal Festival in early May. I think I will change my week-- would be a pity to miss it.

Has anyone ever attended the Festival in the past and could comment etc. What sort of programme is arranged and over how many days etc. What sort of entertainment goes on etc etc. You know what I mean!

Many thank.

5 Answers May 23, 2010 at 4:18 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Skipton or Settle

by doofus Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Want to spend a week in June in the area. Can someone suggest where is best to stay Skipton or Settle. A main priority is access to a railway station- which both have.

9 Answers Jul 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    • B & B

by streaky Online Now Mar 29, 2008 at 5:38 AM

has any one been or heard any reports of the dalesgate lodge. where are the best places to visist

2 Answers Mar 30, 2008 at 5:46 AM
    • Bridgerov's Profile Photo

COST OF LUNCH

by Bridgerov Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 12:49 PM

I've looked at the Bolton Abbey homepage and the various restaurants and cafes nearby, but would like to know what to expect for prices for budget-conscious traveler for a light lunch. Have any idea? Thanks. Judy

4 Answers Jan 15, 2007 at 2:27 PM