Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Linse's Profile Photo

Fishing where and what?

Lamia Dec 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi
      Where would you go fishing if you are in Lamia? And what kind of fish can you catch?

more
    • Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

more
    • 4 DAY CLASSICAL TOUR OF GREECE

Greece Dec 2, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are planning to take a 4 day classical tour from Athens ( Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora). On the internet, one sees that there are many tour operators, each with equally good reviews. Could any fellow VT member share with us his/her knowledge or experience to help us decide which tour to go on.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

Island hopping in Greece?

Greece Nov 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM

My sister and I are going to Greece next month December. Is island hopping possible in December? Are there any tour for this? We are arriving 1st December. Is there any one day trip/2 day trip cruise available?

more
    • FEEDBACK ON ASTORIA TRAVELS

Greece Dec 4, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Has any fellow VT member any experience / knowledge about the Astoria Travels. Are they genuine and dependable

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

12 days in Greece : Itineary

Greece Nov 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Hello VTers,
      After receiving all of your advice and suggestions (especially thanks to mindcrime, brotherleelove, rexvaughan, DAO and to name a few), I have come up with the following plan. Please review and advise.
      Day 01: Arrive Athens in the afternoon; Night life in Athens.
      Day 02: Athens; full day Sarnoric tour. (Visit temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian’s arch and Acropolis, Syntagma and etc…
      Day 03: pick up the car, drive to Nafplio – visit Corinth, Myceane on the way, visit Epidavors, walk around Nafplio and enjoy the evening in Nafplio
      Day 04: Drive to Monemvasia, Gilthio, Sparti, Tripolis, Megalopoli (any suggestion where to stay overnight?)
      Day 05: Drive to Olympian Zeus, via Eliad and Achaia to Delphi. Overnight at Delphi.
      Day 06: Drive to Kalambaka. Stay overnight at Kalambaka.(any sightseeing suggestion along the way?)
      Day 07: Visit Meteora, Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae.
      Day 07: Athens – Santorini (Flying)
      Day 08: Santorini – Volcano? Hiking Fira to Oia, Hot Springs Boat Tour?
      Day 09: Santorini – Athens (fly back in the evening)
      Day 10: Athens (Shopping )
      Day 11: Leave Athens
      According to weather forecast, on the day 5, 6 and 7 will be sunny on Santorini. In that case, we will have to come back to Athens from Delphie and do the Kalambaka and Meteora trip after the Santorini trip.
      I still have some questions 
      Should we rent a car in Athens when we arrive at airport or at the hotel or book on line from Canada?
      Which area to stay in Athen to drive in and out easily from the city?
      Thank you in advance.
      Shwemanthu

more
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

greek islands from turkey

Santorini Island Dec 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

hello all... i want to visit symi island and santorini in april from BODRUM or MARMARIS in turkey by ferry..
      i observed that though these islands are closer to turkey than athens. the approach from turkey is very difficult and very few options available via RHODES.
      from athens it is very long journey by blueboat cruise and only one ferry per day to santorini. [ i am aware of flights from athens to santorini but i want cheaper option]

has anybody travelled from turkey to SYMI or SANTORINI please share your experience.

thanks

more
    • BEST SEASON FOR MYKONOS AND SANTORINI

Greece Nov 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

We plan to be in Greece in the second half of September next year (beginning 16 September). We will be first spending about 6-7 days visiting Athens, Olympia, Delphi etc and thereafter from the 24th to 30 September we would spend 3-4 days each in Mykonos and Santorini in that order. In Mykonos and Santorini, amongst other things we do, look forward to going in the water on the beaches. Weather wise it is good to do so or will the water become too cold for swimming? Should we reverse the sequence and first go to the islands and thereafter come to the mainland?
      TIA

more
    • 10 days in august

Athens 15 hours ago

3 of us planning 10 days beginning August in Greece. Looks like we have to begin and end in Athens. Plan is to visit one or two islands....Siros is a definite and would like to see Mykonos also. Perhaps break the return ferry journey to Athens with another island?? Then a relaxing hideway ( for last three days) beach and peace important, within striking distance of Athens for return flight. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

more

Train and Bus schedule from Athens to Meteora

Meteora Dec 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We are in Athen now and would like to go to Meteora.
      Can someone provide the train and bus schedule from Athens to and fro Meteora?
      Is there any website ? Thanks.

more

International Driver License

Athens Nov 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

more

suggestion on 2 weeks in December in Greece

Greece Nov 22, 2014 at 3:38 AM

My husband and I will be coming on a 2 weeks (dec.3 to 17) visit to Greece in December. Our general plan is 2/3 days in Athens then rent a car and drive to interesting places/small city and visit 2 islands. I checked extended weather forecast for December in Athens and found that after December 10 there will be cloudy and thunder storm most of the days. It looks like we will be in 7days in good weather and 7days in somewhat rainy/cloudy weather. Please advise what to do/see in December. Thanks in advance.

more

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

more

How long it will take to look around in acropolis ?

Athens Dec 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We will be arriving Athens in the middle of the day. After checking in at hotel around 1 o'clock, we would like to go to acropolis. Is it enough time to visit all including ancient agora, before the sun set.

more
    • Jet Ski Hire

by yachtman Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Can you hire a jet ski on Skiathos?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    • Considering a holiday here

by mickngill Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Struggling to make our mind up regarding which island to visit next. Would like some information on the various resorts/villages on the island

2 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    • Model Shops

by Stuart62 Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Hi, are there any radio control model shops on Skiathos. Thanks

2 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    • skiathos price and route

by Pluton12 Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 6:25 AM

What is the best way to get to skiathos.......and normaly cheaper......per person.....i asked about one day excursion.....thanks

4 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • AngelaM18's Profile Photo

skiathos beach chair

by AngelaM18 Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 7:20 AM

is there anyone that knows how much does it cost a beach chair and sun umbrella on koukounaries beach?

4 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    • Skiathos Medical Centre

by KAS1111 Online Now Nov 2, 2012 at 6:36 AM

I am hoping to attend my brother's wedding in Skiathos next year. However, I am concerned about my young daughter who has a severe nut and shell fish allergy.

I hope we have an uneventful visit, but does anyone have any experience of the Skiathos Medical Centre? I'd like to know whether they would be able to deal with an anaphylactic reaction or whether my daughter would need to be transferred to a mainland hospital.

7 Answers Nov 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    • airport transfer

by llorenda Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Is it easy for my sister and i , at the end of may 2012 to get a bus from the airport to koukounaries?. we are staying there for one night, then we need bus to Nostos village.. can anyone direct us in this request please

4 Answers May 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    • Events at the Bourtzi

by ann1313 Online Now Aug 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Does anyone have a list or know of what cultural events/shows are on on the Bourtzi in Skitahos during August and September?

• linen dress

by dirtydick Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 4:35 AM

My wife bought a woven linen dress made on Skiathos years again and i wonder if these dress & jackets are still made and what the name of the shop is.Thanking you .Dick Morris

1 Answer Jun 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    • I'm looking for water taxi contacts

by PAPAMILTIADES Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 3:50 AM

I need to go from Skiathos to Katigiorgis by boat.
      I would like to contact several Water taxi company working in May 2010.
      Can you help me?
      Please give me emails or phone numbers.
      Many thanks
      Efgalisto para poli

1 Answer Apr 14, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    • AndyJA's Profile Photo

Troulos Bay & Town facilities

by AndyJA Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Hi
      We are staying at Troulos Beach Hotel in September & have a few questions if anyone can help please.

1. How far to walk from Troulos Beach Hotel to Troulos village.

2. What facilities are there in Troulos village Reataurants / bars / Shops / Supermarkets etc.

3. Taxi costs & travel time to Skiathos town from Troulos Beach.

4. Do taxis charge more after a certain time in the evening?

5. Where are the nearest Bank cash machines (ATMs) to Troulos Beach?

A good few questions sorry, but first time in Skiathos so hope someone can help.

Many Thanks

Andy Atkinson
      England

2 Answers Jan 17, 2010 at 5:57 AM
    • cost of living

by newtonmj Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 8:22 AM

We are about to go to Skiathos. I haven't been abraod for 6 years and have never used euros - I'm out of touch with costs! I am a single adult taking two teenage children. What does it cost per day for three/four people self catering in terns of food etc.? Thanks

4 Answers Jul 20, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    • Steveharley's Profile Photo

BBQing on the beach ?

by Steveharley Online Now Jul 16, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Off to Skiathos with the family at the end of the Month and wonder if anyone can asnwer this question. Is it acceptable/legal to bbq on the beaches ?. Obviously not during the crowds on a popular beach, but in the evenings or on secluded beaches ?

Don;t want to rock any boats - but I just love to barbie.,,,,

1 Answer Apr 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM
    • help with pension argo in skiathos town contact info

by karenlwalker Online Now Sep 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Hi

Can anyone help me with an e-mail address or contact info for Pension Argo in the old town of Skiathos or if there are any other studios close to the Hotel Orsa there? I am staying there at the end of the month but need studio accommodation close by for my son who is flying over from Athens to join us. Thanks in anticipation.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2008 at 1:28 PM
    • EPEKINDINI's Profile Photo

best way to travel

by EPEKINDINI Online Now Jul 15, 2008 at 6:13 PM

hi can anyone tell me the best way to travel to skiathos from pireaus? it seems that everyone is going from volos to skiathos but i was wondering if there was a direct boat from pireaus?

5 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 10:31 AM
    • travellada's Profile Photo

Apartments in Skiathos

by travellada Online Now May 22, 2008 at 7:17 AM

Looking for an apartment that can house a 4-member family. Can anyone recommend or comment upon the following options? skiathos.gr/html/diamoni/gr/...

Many Thanks!

• ahimsa.david's Profile Photo

Alonissos

by ahimsa.david Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Hi,
      Skiathos forum was the closest I could find for Alonissos!!
      Does anyone have any information on "budget" places to stay here? I would really like somewhere in Steni Vala & I remember staying at a Taverna there 10 years ago for next to nothing. Now, of course one can only find "villas" on the net......any ideas would be greatly apreciated
      david

2 Answers Jan 16, 2008 at 9:59 AM
    • Travel from Thessaloniki to Skiathos

by Vardui Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Can someone please recommend the best method of transportation from Thessaloniki to Skiathos Island on Sept 7th? I was looking into the ferries (www.gtp.gr) but it doesn't seem to be operating at that time and it also states that it takes a full day to get there. I was kind of surprised.
      Are there other alternatives or other boats going there? I'd like to avoid going into Volos, if poosible.
      Thank you!

2 Answers Aug 20, 2007 at 12:23 PM
    • Has anybody stayed at the Lalaria Hotel in Skiathos???

by Catherine12345 Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 3:41 PM

I have booked the Lalaria Hotel in Skiathos for last August for 2 weeks and I was wondering if there was anybody out there that stayed there??In addition did anybody stay in the REA studios either in Skiathos

2 Answers Jul 24, 2007 at 4:56 PM
    • jillkidiki's Profile Photo

quads for hire?

by jillkidiki Online Now Jan 28, 2007 at 2:05 PM

going to Troulos in may this year and would like to know if it is possible to hire quad bikes .

1 Answer May 2, 2008 at 3:51 AM
    • car hire needed?

by tashac73 Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 3:21 AM

Hi

Me and my family have always hired a car when we go away on holiday and I'm just wondering is there any need to hire a car when we go to skiathos as the island is so small and there is really only 1 main road.

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 6, 2007 at 4:52 AM
    • annieb66's Profile Photo

aselinos accomodation

by annieb66 Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 3:38 AM

hi
      Thinking of a holiday in skiathos next year ( have been twice before ) but i would like to stay somewhere of the beaten track and was looking at aselinos, can anyone reccommend studios/ apartments as i cant seem to find any in this area!!
      many thanks
      annie

7 Answers Apr 17, 2007 at 9:03 AM
    • asaf_tz's Profile Photo

flying to skiathos

by asaf_tz Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 7:44 AM

Hello,

Think of going to skiathos for a short vacation.
      doe's anyone know which airlines fly to the island from Athens? what should be the fligjt price?

thanx,

Asaf

1 Answer Aug 18, 2006 at 8:00 AM
    • money in skiathos

by adetel Online Now Aug 9, 2006 at 3:03 AM

Can anyone help? I am going to skiathos (Kolios) next week for a holiday. I usually take travellers cheques with me when I go abroad but I've heard that they are not easily changable in Skiathos. I've also heard there aren't many cash machines. Is this right? Can anyone tell me the best way to take my money ie cash, bank card etc. Thank you very much.

4 Answers Aug 16, 2006 at 2:00 AM
    • Ferry service from the Mainland

by bmpuk Online Now May 2, 2006 at 8:41 AM

How regular is the boat service from Agios Konstantinos in September to Skiathos and from Skiathos to Thessalonika?

Cheers

4 Answers May 4, 2006 at 3:15 PM
    • skiathos

by 3AJC Online Now Oct 25, 2003 at 9:08 AM

has anyone lived in skiathos, because i am planning to move out there for the summer season 2004...........please help!

1 Answer Oct 25, 2003 at 9:13 AM