Skerries Travel Answers

change location
Musquy's Profile Photo

Road Races

by Musquy Online Now Dec 23, 2005 at 7:17 AM

(Also posted in Co. Dublin forum, as I wasn't sure Skerries would be listed separately - & didn't look; first indication of need for advice!)
I fancy going to the Skerries motorcycle races in 2006. I'm a veteran of the IOM TT and have heard good things about the Skerries.
I'll be using public transport, rather than a bike. I understand it's possible to do this by Ferry from Holyhead, then train from Dun Laoghaire, and to fit this into a (long) day. I'd prefer to make a weekend of it. Any advice re accommodation and transport links? Does everything get booked up early? Is camping an option, and if so where?

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Buckz's Profile Photo

RE: Road Races

by Buckz Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 1:17 AM

Yes you can get to Skerries by Public transport. For accomodation, and other information you should look at some of the Motor racing sites, Motorsport Ireland have a list of relevant sites, or post a few questions on Ten tenths.com. If you get no joy from the bike section, try the marshals section, most of these events have visiting marshals, and marshals are very good at getting each other sorted.
    And yes, there is usually great racing, though street/road circuits are not my scene, I prefer circuits with BIG run offs and gravel traps.
    Camping is a last resort option only.
    If you have no joy, come back to me and I will try to find you a few links.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines