Skåne

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hiring boats

Gnesta Yesterday

Can we hire boats for use on the lake, perhaps for a week?

more
    • Boras eat sleep going out.

Borås Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Goodmorning
      We are going to walk the Linnemarschen in preperation of the fourdaysmarch in Nijmegen (thats were i live)

In our free time we want to explore Boras.
      So I have a few questions.

1 where can we go out in de evening. (dancing)
      2 where we can eat Swedisch food.
      3 where can we sleep on Sunday for a reasonable price? or is it better to leave the city

on Saterday and go to Gotenburg.
      We have hard floor acomadadion in a sports hall on friday and saterday.

4 we have Saterday afternoon time to explore boras.

We have not much time but we want to get a taste of Boras in that time
      All Tips are welcome.

Greetings Richard

more
    • Roadquill's Profile Photo

train from stockholm to oslo

Stockholm 1 hours ago

I saw on the Swedish train website that there is a direct train to Oslo that takes about 5 1/2 hours leaving at 8:29. Does anyone know if this train books up quickly? should I book now for an early June trip, or can I book once in Stockholm? Thanks all. Karl

more
    • Are there day trails in Abisko National Park

Abisko Nationalpark Apr 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I am going to Sweden in July this year and unfortunately don't have time to walk the whole Kungsleden walk. It sounds an amazing area though so would like to go there for at least 2 or 3 days. Are there any day walks in the park that give a good idea of the character/flora/fauna that make a long train trip from Stockholm worthwhile?

more
    • Racism problems for traveler

Sweden Apr 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Hi
      I'm from UAE, Abudhabi
      I like traveling and meet new friends from the world
      My question is about problems which might Arab tourist face in Sweden. since
      Unfortunately, I read in some of the Tourism Forums that in some cities, such as Malmo and Stockholm Sweden, there are some Arab immigrants or dark-skinned who they cause problems, So they are hated by the local population.
      For the same reason two years ago, I faced problems of racism in Germany when I went there for Tourism and some have thought that I'm from the Kurdish population, who live in Berlin and have a bad reputation.
      So, is there big cities in sweden that have a small percentage of immigrants and racism are nonexistent and where residents are friendly and like to socialize with the tourists?

more
    • Kungsleden trail between May 18th to May 24th, 2014

Abisko Nationalpark Yesterday

My wife and I are experienced backpacker. We are planning a week long backpacking trip to hike Kungsleden trail between the north section of Abisko and Nikkaluokta. The time should be around May 18, 2014 to May 24. We will carry all the camping gears.

I know the transportation could be a problem during that time. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with the following questions.

1. I heard there won’t be bus between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta at that time. If our hike finishes at Nikkaluokta, is there a way we can get back to Kiruna Airport?

2. Is there any bus between Kiruna and Abisko during that time? Schedule?

3. Is there any taxi between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta? How about the cost?

4. Do you think if it makes sense to ride a taxi from Kiruna to Nikkaluokta, then hike north to Abisko, then ride a bus (see question #2) to Kiruna airport?

5. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, what will be the condition during that time.

6. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, I assume I have to bring microspike as the hut will be closed at that time and I won't be able to rent crampon? Are snowshoes necessary?

Thank you very much and I appreciate your help.

more
    • Need a help to find a store

Stockholm Apr 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Dear all who live in Södermalm! I'm trying to find one interior/home stuff shop which locates in Folkungagatan (as I remember after my last visit of Stockholm last year). It occupies a corner of the building and the right side of the street if you go from Götgatan.They sell a lot of things (pots, lamps, glass heads and etc).

What's the name of the shop?

more
    • Archipelago Cruise

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Please recommend cruise. Open to lunch/brunch or day cruise. Possibly Drottningholm Palace?

more
    • First Day Itinerary

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We will be landing at ARN around noon and then will check in at the Courtyard Marriott, Stockholm. What will be a realistic itinerary for the afternoon? Among the sights that we want to see in Stockholm are VASA museum, City Hall, Nobel Museum, Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace.

more
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Safe area ??

Stockholm Mar 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM

During our trip (JUne) to Sweden we intend to stay a couple of nights outside Stockholm (Hägersten) for visiting the city itself by train/metro. The nearest station to our hotel would be Västertorp. Is this area safe to walk back early evening to our hotel, which will take about 10 minutes ??

more
    • Early breakfast?

Uppsala Apr 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM

How early do restaurants open for breakfast during the week? Are there any good breakfast recommendations that open before 7AM?

Thank you!

more
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Railway/metro tickets

Stockholm Apr 1, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Intending to travel to/from railway "Västertorp T-bana" to/from Stockholm city.
      - what would be the best/affordable ticket ??
      - can we buy tickets at Västertorp T-bana ??

more
    • Train fare

Malmö Mar 3, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Hello,

We plan to travel from Kastrup airport to Malmo by the Oresundstag Train 1032
      (towards Goteborg). Is the train fare 88 DKK per person?

As for returning, I've been told to take the Oresundstag Train 1037
      (towards Helsingor). If I alight at Orestad Metro station, what will be the fare?

Please advise if the above information if accurate. We'd love to spend at least
      3 hours in beautiful Malmo!

Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Direct train from Copenhagen airport to Ystad ?

Ystad Feb 9, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Anybody have a link for this service or know how many times a day the direct train runs ? I know it's easy to change in Malmo but would prefer to take the direct train there to save time.

7 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • Tours or Ideas

Helsingborg Jan 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Stopping in Helsingborg by cruise ship on May 18th -- are there suggestions of tour companies or must do/see things or off the beaten path things to do.

6 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 3:05 AM
    • JeffDyas's Profile Photo

Credit card

Malmö Dec 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I want to get a train from Copenhagen airport to Halmstad via Malmo. Can I pay for ticket in the machine with a credit card?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • Staying in Ystad

Ystad Sep 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM

How early does one need to make a reservation for a room in Ystad? I am traveling in late July, early Aug. of 2014.

1 Answer Oct 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Malmö and night life.

Malmö Aug 21, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Hello. I have a question about the night life in Malmö. Which pubs, discos are safe and nice to go to and which one should maybe avoid? Greetings and thanks for your answers.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    • house swap possibilities northern california coastal home - Lund

Skåne Feb 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Am planning on being in Lund, Sweden for several months with my daughter and wondered if anyone was interested in a house swap for that period of time (possibly around September 2013 or later). My home is a lovely two bedroom, two bath with a garden of berries, apples, vegetables, flowers and lots of rhododendron. Ten minutes from town, but country-like setting a mile from the ocean.

1 Answer Feb 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    • Luggage locker

Ystad Jan 26, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I am planning to spend one day in Ystad, arriving in the morning and leaving around 6pm. Is there a luggage locker in the train station? I arrive from Copenhagen and leave to Stockholm, same day. Thanks, Patricia, Brazil

• Dee22's Profile Photo

How to get from Malmö to Trelleborg?

Malmö Jan 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Hi,

How is the best way to get from Malmö to Trelleborg without a car if you wanna take the ferry to Germany (Rostock)?

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    • buntyduncan's Profile Photo

WHERE TO GO ON NEW YEAR'S EVE

Malmö Oct 31, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Hi
      Myself and my husband are doing a 6 night trip to Copenhagen and Malmo. We arrive in Copenhagen on 27 December and are staying at the Marriott Hotel on Kalvebod Brygge and are there until 30 December. We are getting the train over the Oresundsbron on 30 December to Malmo and are there until 2 January 2012. We are in Malmo on New Year's Eve. We are staying at The Renaissance Hotel on Mäster Johansgatan. Where should we go on New Year's Eve? We want to go for something nice to eat and then if there is something going on in one of the squares that would be good. We are in our 50's (but still fairly young) so don't want a nightclub or anything like that. We like nice food and bars, architecture, castles, walking, the sea, canals, trains and Christmas markets. Any tips on what to see and do in both Malmo and Copenhagen would be most useful. Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 17, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    • Accomodation

Lund Sep 20, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Hello all,

Moving to Lund for 6 months from start of October to work for ST-Ericsson.
      Looking for a one or two bedroom apartment.

Any help would be fantastic as it's proving a lot harder than I anticipated.

07800 651270

Brian.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    • gdm7778's Profile Photo

Copenhagen to Malmo Day Trip

Malmö Aug 3, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I'm planning on being in Copenhagen the first week of September and was thinking about taking a day trip to Malmo. Does anybody have any recommendations of what places are a must see in Malmo?

4 Answers Jan 18, 2012 at 6:02 AM
    • Icelandic horse rides?

Lund Jul 19, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hello! I saw a post some time ago about a place to go near Lund where it was possible to ride Icelandic horses. Does anyone know about this? Thanks for any suggestions/info -- we'd like to do something fun outdoors for the kids while the rain has ceased for a few days! And they are tired of churches/castles/museums... which I could enjoy forever.

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    • Vanity666's Profile Photo

Parking

Malmö Apr 6, 2011 at 5:20 AM

Is there some free parking in the city, or perhaps a cheap one where I could leave my car parked all day?

1 Answer Apr 27, 2011 at 6:03 AM
    • Splixa's Profile Photo

Team outing in Malmø, what to do? Ideas needed

Malmö Feb 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Ideas needed :)
      We are an international (english speaking) workteam that consist of 16 female and males in the agegroup between 24-45, who plan to come from Copenhagen and spend afternoon and night in Malmø on friday March 11th or 18th 2011.
      Anybody who has some cool ideas to what we can do there?
      We would prefer some kind of fun interactive entertainment, followed by some nice food and ending at some nice place for drinks (with livemusic if possible).
      Nothing too flashy but not to dodgy either.

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    • By bike to Kaseberga

Kåseberga Jan 22, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Someone said that it's a nice trip to get to Kaseberga from Ystad by bike.
      I'd like to know where I can rent the bike in Ystad and how long does it take to get to Kaseberga.
      Thx

1 Answer Feb 7, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    • ZIMETMUS's Profile Photo

car rental near Malmö Syd Svågertorp station

Malmö Aug 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I need to drive north of Malmo and was planning on flying into Copenhagen and take the train to Malmö Syd Svågertorp station and rent a car there. Is this going to be much cheaper than just renting the car at the airport and paying the bridge and airport fees? Any suggestions on a rental agency that will meet me at the train station?

2 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    • 2 Questions!

Lund Aug 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I am new to lund! I have just moved here - i will be here for 6 months! Slight problem i have no accommodation!

Thus if anyone has a spare room that would be great!

But my main question is:

Tomorrow Liverpool play Arsenal in the English Premier League, i was wondering are there bars or pubs that will show english premiership matches.

I am currently staying at the train hostel!

Thanks,

David

3 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    • Around the Sound ticket

Skåne May 18, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Hi there,

I am planning to go to Malmö for couple of days but I do not want to stay just in the city. I found that Around the Sound ticket which enables to travel around Skane for 2 days. Anybody has any experience???? It seems to me that it is almost impossible to make it in such a short period. Does anybody know if anything happens when you stay for example in Copenhagen longer and go back to Malmö by your own (buying another ticket)???

Thanks a lot

Vendy

2 Answers May 19, 2010 at 5:44 AM

Parking and wireless internet in Helsingborg

Helsingborg May 15, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Hello. Does anyone know where one can park a car for free or cheaply for a couple of days in Helsingborg?
      And if there is any place where one can take a laptop and use the wireless internet?
      Greetings

2 Answers May 19, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    • trip to the denist

Malmö Apr 3, 2010 at 6:38 AM

What bus do I take from the train station in Malmo to get to Mollervangs gatan. thank you, mike

1 Answer Apr 3, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Malmo dangers

Malmö Mar 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM

On my next trip I was thinking I might go from Germany to Copenhagen and perhaps a hop over to Sweden. I think Malmo is the place you get to by train from Denmark. I have read unpleasant things about Malmo here and now I am reading news stories of extreme anti-Semitism from the large moslem population there that the local government condones. I am not Jewish but American, so I can only assume I might also be subjected to mistreatment there. Can I go to another Swedish city without getting off the train in Malmo? It sounds like an awful place.

9 Answers Apr 8, 2010 at 3:36 AM

Renting an apartment

Helsingborg Mar 1, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Hello. Can anyone recommend me any internet websites where one can find any apartments to rent in this city? How much would it approximately cost? I didn't find anything so far, only apartments for sale.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Cheap accommodation

Ystad Feb 22, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Hello. Can anyone recommend me a cheap accommodation in Ystad? Greetings.

Going to Helsingborg

Helsingborg Feb 22, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Hello. I'm going to visit Helsingborg soon. Can anyone tell me how I can get from the main railway station to the address Olympiahuset plan? How much would it approximately cost?

6 Answers Feb 24, 2010 at 2:21 AM
    • Malmö - Kobenhavn Kastrup Airport

Malmö Aug 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how much does it cost to go by train from Malmö C to Kastrup Airport? I can't seem to find any website that can't tell me the fare price... I'm fine with timetables but get nothing on fares...

Thanks in advance,
      Pedro

4 Answers Aug 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    • Public parking near Stortorget

Ystad Jun 9, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Where is it safe to park our rental car for a couple hours near Lundagard?

• Public parking near Lundagard

Lund Jun 9, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Where is it safe to park our rental car for a couple hours near Lundagard?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    • joecal01's Profile Photo

Ferry dock to train station in less than 15 minutes?

Ystad Jun 2, 2009 at 9:40 AM

I am planning to to take ferry from Ystad to Bornholm and return ferry arrives back at Ystad dock at 18:30 and last train back to Copenhagen is at 18:47. Can we make it from the dock to the train platform in about 15 minutes? Or, to play it safe should we return on the previous ferry that arrives at the dock at 18:05?

A Google map of Ystad looks like there is an indirect way to the train station from the dock along roads, we cannot walk in a direct straight line from the dock to the station which looks to be a short distance. Can someone who lives in Ystad confirm this?

Also, are there typically taxis waiting by the dock that we could possibly take to the train station?

3 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    • sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

going here on a cruise

Helsingborg Apr 7, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Hi all we are going here on a cruise we will be here for about 6 hours (longer but we obviously need to get back to ship before it sails) I was just wondering what peoples recommendation where for things to see and do here. We will also have an 8 year old girl in toe who loves olding buildings, museums oh and shopping

2 Answers Apr 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM