change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• trekking in iceland

South Iceland Apr 14, 2015 at 4:12 AM

hello.
      I'm travelling this august in iceland for 5 days and am interested to make a 4 day trek in thingvellir national park...
      i would like too know if the is a circular route of a 4 day trek that stars and ends at the same destination...
      thank you for your cooperation and hope you'll answer soon...

more
    • BSI Bus Terminal

Reykjavík Apr 2, 2015 at 3:56 AM

On a cruise which only stops in Reykjavik for a couple of hours 1pm till 11pm. There will only be 2 of us. Seems most shore excursions depart before ship arrives, so I was thinking of visiting Blue Lagoon. I have found a tour that departs from the BSI Bus Terminal. Can anyone tell me how far from the port the bus terminal is and how do I get there.?

I was also considering the Hop on Hop Off Bus as I think we would have time to do both. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

more
    • Reykjavik hotels?

Iceland Mar 28, 2015 at 11:53 AM

I would appreciate a recommendation for nice, reasonably priced hotels in Reykjavik city-center for a middle-aged couple arriving in July 2015. thanks for your assistance. mark

more
    • SujataM's Profile Photo

public buses outside reykjavik

Iceland Mar 26, 2015 at 3:52 PM

hello everyone. me and my friends group will visit iceland on this may. but since no one in the group knows how to drive we have to depend mainly on public transport. what about visiting the main tourist spots outside reykjavik? is public buses available outside reykjavik?

more
    • photog4fun's Profile Photo

car rentals

Iceland Apr 8, 2015 at 7:39 PM

I want to rent a small car for 4 days the end of April. Does anyone have a recommendation of who to rent from? Thanks.

more
    • Vanity666's Profile Photo

Renting a car without credit card

Iceland Mar 31, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I have a question, we're travelling to Iceland and while trying to to rent a car through the rental agencies and all of them are asking a credit card for payment (or at least for a deposit).
      Unfortunately, we don't have a credit card and getting one in 2 weeks here is impossible (already asked).
      So, we're stuck with debit cards and cash.

Do you know of a rental agency that would accept all payment with debit card? Or maybe a private person who rents a car?

We're quite in a hurry because flight is in two weeks and we already booked all accommodations in various places.
      In the end, the thing we thought will be easiest turns out to be the hardest.

Thank you in advance

more
    • nomade3's Profile Photo

Blue Lagoon to the town of Keflavik ..

South Iceland Apr 8, 2015 at 6:27 AM

Hello everyone !
      This is my first time posting but I'd like to say thank you for all the helpfull people who's messages I've already read several times over :)

Will be going to Iceland early may for 6 days.. my itinerary is somewhat of a puzzle but i'm getting it sorted out little by little..

My question to which i've found no answers is..
      On the last day we are planning : Reykjavik-Blue Lagoon-Keflavik (town, not airport)
      So Reykjavik - Blue Lagoon (on saturday May 9 late afternoon) I found Fly bus or other.
      But Blue Lagoon - Keflavik city is problem ..as bus schedule stops at 3pm to keflavik.

Is it possible to take a taxi for a reasonable price from BL to Keflavik? And if so where do we get it from ?

thanks for any suggestions !

more
    • Gudbrandsbibla

by B.Lundgreen Online Now Jun 20, 2010 at 4:40 AM

Am I rigth? having seen a sample at Holar i Hjaltadalur many years ago? Sincerely yours, a friend of Ísland B.Lundgreen.

2 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 1:31 PM