Skálholt

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus Options

Iceland 1 hours ago

Hi I'm looking to bus hop around Southern Iceland.

Here are the two companies I'm looking at, has anyone used them or another bus company I should consider? How were your experiences? I'm looking to bus to a new location each day and hopefully find hostels or a place to stay nearby!

re.is/iceland-on-your-own/pa...

and

straeto.is/kaupa-farmida-og-...

I have 8 days to leave and get back to REK, any recommendations of which route/passport? I was thinking of Southern Iceland but am also interested in the Circle...

Thanks!

more
    • Help with Student Permit for Iceland

Iceland Jun 23, 2015 at 8:27 PM

I have been accepted for Graduate School at the University of Iceland.

Classes start on August 31St, 2015. I am a U.S. citizen. My student permit
      application is due on July 1st (next Wednesday). I am just finding out now

that I have to get an FBI background check. The FBI's website says that it's going
      to take up to 90 days to receive!?!!?? What am I going to do? Help!!!
      Do I need an apostille? This is so upsetting! Am going to have to wait until next year?
      Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you so much for reading this !

more
    • Iceland Key Carrental

Iceland Yesterday

Hello everybody! My gf and me are going to iceland this summer, and we booked a car with "Rental Car Group", which in turn has "Hello everybody! My gf and me are going to iceland this summer, and we booked a car with "Rental Car Group", which in turn has "Iceland Key Carrental" as the real service provider. The point here is there are not many infos of these guys on the network: not a website, a reference or even a (positive or negative) review! And their price is 20-30% less than other providers. So my question is? Can we safely trust them? Does anyone ever rented a car with Iceland Key Carrental?

Thanks!" as the real service provider. The point here is there are not many infos of these guys on the network: not a website, a reference or even a (positive or negative) review! And their price is 20-30% less than other providers. So my question is? Can we safely trust them? Does anyone ever rented a car with Iceland Key Carrental?

Thanks!

more
    • Cheap places to stay in Reykjavik?

Iceland Jun 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM

I'm looking for a cheap place to stay on the evening of 12th July as I plan to go on the Laugavegur trek from Monday 13th July. Can you recommend anywhere for camping or hostels?

more
    • DiezelT43's Profile Photo

Motorcycles from the U.S. to Iceland

Reykjavík Jun 23, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Inquiring about information for me and a buddy to get our motorcycles to Iceland for a ride from the U.S.. Info on possible travel arrangements, ferries for the bikes, etc. Any info is greatly appreciated.

more
    • car for weekends

Reykjavík Jun 21, 2015 at 12:57 PM

hello, 3 erasmus students are looking for car for the weekends (we will be in Reykjavik from 26th June till 3rd August).

more
    • annwag's Profile Photo

The Thrihnukagigur.Volcano

Iceland Jun 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Hi there
      I'm going to Iceland next week and I would like to get deep inside the volcano Thrihnukagigur.
      Have you guys any experiece in that matter.? Is it easy to make it? Do I have to book entrance in advance? How much it costs?
      Any word would be appreciated :)

more
    • Anja1216's Profile Photo

Cycling in Iceland

Iceland Jun 23, 2015 at 9:43 AM

I'm heading to Iceland to travel solo, and I'll be there from 14-18 of July. My favourite way to explore a new place is by bicycle...but I've been told the weather and the terrain isn't great for a touring cyclist such as myself. I'd still like to rent a bike for Reykjavik and maybe some surrounding areas, then get a bus pass for those places farther away. So my question is this: can I bring a bike on the bus? In the US all the buses have bike racks on the front, but I haven't heard about bike transport in Iceland.

Thanks! I've wanted to do this trip for awhile (with a bike and a camera!) and I'm really excited. See you in a few weeks!

more
    • mafyma's Profile Photo

Mountain climbing Iceland

Iceland Jun 14, 2015 at 9:59 AM

HI there, we are goinf in August with the whole family and my husband is a mountain climber and wants to go on a guided tour to the highest Peak. Has anyone done it and can recommend a good agency to book with? Thanks

more
    • Alternatizm's Profile Photo

Camper around Iceland, where to shower etc.?

Iceland Jun 18, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hi! I'm going to have a round-island trip (included Westfjords) with my girlfriend from 4th - 18th September. I'm hesitating to rent a Camper (automatic) as never drive a van sharped car before and understanding Westfjords is tricky with up and down road. Also we addict to shower so it is necessary for daily. Anyone knows if there are showers room or toilets around the island? And do you think it is fine to dive Camper?

more
    • Transportation to Blue Lagoon from Reykjavik Cruise Terminal

Iceland Jun 16, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I an upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise that is over-nighting in Iceland. We arrive on Thursday, Sept 10 at 12p and leave the next evening at 5p. I want to go to the Blue Lagoon on Thursday after we dock. What is the best way to do this? Is there a public bus or is the best way to book something through an excursion company such as Reykjavic Excursions (which I believe I can book directly from the Blue Lagoon's website when I pre-purchase my ticket). It looks like the average, round-trip cost of an excursion bus is about $25-30 depending on the exchange rate. Is this correct and if so, is this the best/cheapest way to get to the sight from the cruise terminal?

If this is the way to go, do the buses pick you up at the port or do you need to make your way to the bus terminal itself in the city-center?

Thanks so much!

more
    • What to do with this route!

Iceland Jun 22, 2015 at 11:39 AM

My plan is to get the bus passport (as it seems cheaper than renting a car for one person and paying for gas etc.), and to travel this route over a few days: re.is/iceland-on-your-own/pa...

Aside from the blue pinpointed 'must see' spots, what would you recommend seeing along the way/around the bus stops?

Also any recommendations on where I should stay would be great too!

more
    • Vital1975's Profile Photo

Itinerary advice

Iceland Jun 5, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Hello! We – 2 adults and a 5-year old kid – are planning a 2-week's journey around Iceland. Here is our itinerary for the time being. We are going in August and intend to rent a car.

Day 1. Krisuvik - Reykjavik - Hallgrimskirkja - Sun Voyager - Night at Thingvellir National Park camp

Day 2. Thingvellir National Park - Strokkur Geyser (road 365) - Gullfoss - Night at Kerlingarfjöll camp

Day 3 Kerlingarfjöll (F35) - Hveravellir (F35) - Night at Hveravellir camp

Day 4 Glaumbær - Akureyri - Godafoss Waterfall - Húsavík - Night at Húsavík (Tjaldsvæðið Heiðarbæ)

Day 5 Ásbyrgi Canyon - Asbyrgi - Dettifoss - Selfoss - Lake Myvatn - Night at Myvatn

Day 6 Namafjall - Grjotagja - Hverfjall - Leirhnjúkur - Krafla - Night at Myvatn

Day 7 Borgarfjörður - Eystri - Seydisfjordur - Hengifoss - Breiðdalsvík - Night at Egilsstaðir Camping Ground

Day 8 Höfn (is it sensible to spend the whole day there, or we should go to see lagoons?) - Night at Camping Höfn - Hornafjord

Day 9 Jökulsárlón - Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon - Fjallsárlón Glacier Lagoon - Black Waterfall - Svartifoss Trail - Skaftafell - Night at Vatnajökull National Park camp

Day 10 Skaftafell — if missed it yesterday - Vik - Night at Vik

Day 11 Reynisfjara - Reynishverfisvegur - Dyrhólaey - Skogarfoss - Seljalandsfoss - Night at Camping Tjaldsvæðið Árhús

Day 12 Hekla - Landmannalaugar - Night at Camping Landmannalaugar

Day 13 Landmannalaugar - Night at Camping Landmannalaugar

Day 14 Heiðmörk - Blue Lagoon

As this is a peak season, is it necessary to book places at campings? Because I found out that Blue lagoon should be booked in advance. Moreover, would be campings comfortable enough for a 5-year old?

more
    • mafyma's Profile Photo

Traveling with kids

Iceland Jun 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Hi there we travelling to Iceland in August and where wondering if anyone has some tips for what to do with the kids to keep them happy. They are 4, 9 years old and I know it's difficult to book tours as they are to little e.g. Kayaking, riding etc. Any tips appreciated. We have a hired car and travel around the island for 2,5 weeks. Many thanks in advance xxx

more
    • Gudbrandsbibla

by B.Lundgreen Online Now Jun 20, 2010 at 4:40 AM

Am I rigth? having seen a sample at Holar i Hjaltadalur many years ago? Sincerely yours, a friend of Ísland B.Lundgreen.

2 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 1:31 PM