Skagway

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transportation

Juneau Jul 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I'm arriving on a cruise ship and would like to see the Rie Munoz gallery. What is the best way to get there from the cruise ship and back?

Also, if I wanted to go to from the ship to the Gallery to the Glacier and then back to the ship, what is the best transportation. This ship arrives at 1pm.

more
    • Vacation in November

Fairbanks Jul 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Would I have enough to do in Fairbanks for 5 night visit in November?

more
    • Transportation from railroad to ship in Seward

Seward Jun 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM

What transportation is available from the railroad depot to the ship in Seward? What is the cost?

more
    • cbarbosa's Profile Photo

Juneau July 2014

Juneau Jun 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

hi there, Mid july : is it crowded in Juneau ? what hotel (quiet/ a bit remote/with all amedities/close to the water) would y'all recommend ?

more
    • Juneau for a day

Juneau Jun 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM

In Juneau 1-10pm, August 22. Will be renting a car to go to Mendenhall Glacier. Any suggestions on places to drive to see more of Juneau?

more
    • our tour is in may

by tartoos Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 3:20 PM

can anyone please tell me if Gwen at Discover Skagway is still running tours?

1 Answer Mar 8, 2014 at 5:46 AM
    • Taxi service?

by missmo12 Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 4:39 AM

I saw that someone mentioned that you can rent a car for something like $75 a day, but I was wondering if there is any sort of taxi service? I just need to get to the employee housing I'll be living in and plan on biking for the most part, but that will be a bit difficult with a suitcase.

7 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 11:56 PM
    • Skagway Stores

by mistymoo Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Is it true that the cruise companies own a lot of the stores in Skagway?

14 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    • Is there much sunshine in Skagway ?

by missynkary Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

We're thinking of visiting Skagway. Is there much sunshine there?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    • Scenic River Float

by Suzette_french Online Now Jul 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Dear friends,

I'm coming to Skagway and may reserve the Scenic River Float (If I understood correectly, 1 hour guided tour in Dyea and 45 minute on the river to get down to Skagway).
      What do you think about this activity? is 75USD per people overchaging?

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Which to do in Skaway

by cathyhenriksen Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 3:24 PM

We will be taking an Alaskan cruise the 1st of Sep. When we are in Skagway should we do the train ride to White Pass or take the ferry to Haines and explore that area? Both sound interesting

5 Answers Aug 12, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    • Red Onion Saloon

by SandyDerr Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I will soon be coming into Skayway on a cruise ship and was wondering how close is the Red Onion Saloon from where the ships come in. Is the saloon and or the town close to walk to. I have never been to Skayway and I'm very excited for my visit.

4 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    • Skagway drive to Emerald Lake

by sandy.lee98 Online Now Jun 23, 2010 at 2:41 PM

We ar planning to rent a car and drive the Emerald Lake. How far is the drive as we will be there from 7:00 am - 9:00 pm. I cannot seems to find any driving direction from Yahoo map. Is there another name for Emerald Lake ?

2 Answers Jun 23, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    • Daylight hours

by Berta6200 Online Now Jun 8, 2010 at 2:52 PM

I know that Skagway has 21 hours of daylight on June 21. How many hours of daylight inSkagway on August 21 ????

2 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

The White Pass and Yukon Railway

by alisononthego Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 1:07 PM

My husband and I are in Skagway (cruise ship visit) on 13th July this year. We are hoping to take the White Pass and Yukon Railway trip and wondered what facilities are on board. Can we gets drinks on board? Also, is there a washroom on board? Its about125 each if booked with cruise ship. Is it worth the money? It looks amazing.

Thanks and regards
      Alison

5 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    • CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Gold Rush Cemetry & Ghost Town of Dyea?

by CruisingGoddess Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I'm already taking the Yukon rail to Fraser and then motorcoach to Emerald Lake, Caribou Crossing, Carcross, Lake Bennett and back to Skagway.

I'm trying to decide if I should book another tour that goes to the Gold Rush Cemetry & Ghost Town of Dyea? Are these sights worth another 2 hours and25/person? The alternative would be to just spend time exploring Downtown Skagway by foot.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Feb 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM
    • HELP for Swiss-German Tourists

by frankmark Online Now May 5, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I would like to get some help for the travelling from Skagway to Anchorage, via the white pass, white horse, to yukon dawson city , denali state park to Anchorage.

we, my daughter and father will arrive on the 29 th of may evening with the ferry and would like to make a combined tour with train,bus,car,canoe,

can you assist with information on where to go

Skaway bus to
      White Pass-historic train

as described above

thanks for a speedy answer

frank

1 Answer May 12, 2009 at 5:54 AM
    • time length of ferry

by myrnbob Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 11:19 AM

How long does it take to get to Skagway from juneau on the ferry?

3 Answers Apr 21, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    • A day in Skagway

by Mum_J Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 4:11 PM

We are visiting on a cruise ship for a day. Can anyone suggest what we should do, not miss, etc? I am not too keen on being railroaded onto organised mass excursions unless it's the only way to see an area.

Many thanks for any help.

6 Answers Sep 2, 2008 at 8:20 AM
    • White Pass & Yukon Rail Roll Call 22 Sept 2008

by chrissy5858 Online Now Aug 12, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Hello
      Would you like to join my husband and I on Dyeadave's White Pass and Yukon Rail 'personalised' tour? We have booked him on 22 Sept (we are on the HAL ms Veedam) and would like to go on to Emerald Lake which requires min 4 persons
      I believe it is will be50 pp plus78 one way ticket to Fraser
      I have heard nothing less than glowing reports on this trip. Please contact Dave direct at dyeadave@msn.com LOL

2 Answers Aug 13, 2008 at 3:05 AM
    • ghannan's Profile Photo

Train or Yukon?

by ghannan Online Now Jun 4, 2008 at 7:07 PM

My husband and I are trying to decide between two tours, and I was hoping for some advice as to which one those of you "in the know" you think we should take.
      Choice 1: We would take the White Pass Scenic Railway, go to a suspension bridge, and have a salmon bake
      Choice 2: We would hike into the Yukon (Tormented Valley, Carcross) and then go do the suspension bridge.

Which one do you think we should take? I'm torn!

3 Answers Jun 5, 2008 at 1:21 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

Haines or skagway

by 9tigers Online Now Apr 28, 2008 at 6:43 AM

I am going to fly into haines and rent a car and drive around and go to haines junction, I think it is beautiful. then the nextday i am thinking of taking the fast ferry to skagway, then take a bus tour to the white pass, then take the ferry back to Juneau, but not sure if I need to go to both city or haines is enough for me?

Daisy

1 Answer Apr 28, 2008 at 10:00 PM
    • road condition of Kondike Highway

by Jenny6000 Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 10:47 AM

Hello there,

I am thinking about to rent a car and drive to Yukon from Skagway this Summer. Just wonder if the Kondike Highway is friendly to a driver who has no experience driving in a mountainous area.

Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 17, 2007 at 11:34 AM
    • Yukon White Pass by Rail Or Coach

by shonabanerji Online Now Jul 9, 2007 at 9:00 PM

Is it better scenic wise to go on the Yukon Rail to the White Pass Summit or take a coach trip to the Summit which includes lake Bennett?

I believe the coach shares a bit of the common route with the rail but what about the rest??

How is the weather end August out there? Visibility etc?

3 Answers Jul 16, 2007 at 7:30 PM
    • I'm Desperate for Summer Housing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP :)

by mkrasilo Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 10:28 PM

Hey People!
      I am trying to come to Skagway this summer to be with my lady-friend, and I have a bunch of job options, but NONE that will assist me with housing. I am a school teacher in Florida and I don't finish my school year until June 6'th, which has been a deal breaker with anyone who has housing because the tourist season starts so much earlier than that. I AM DESPERATE for a bed to sleep in. I can't realistically consider camping for the summer, as I have a cpap to plug in at night, so I need electricity, and I unfortunately can't stay with my lady-friend in her employee housing. I am a super clean and respectful 25 year old man, and will share a room. I NEED A HOUSING OPTION. If you know of anyone who could rent me space PLEASE PLEASE help!
      By all means email me directly at mkrasilo@ufl.edu.
      I really appreciate any leads here :)
      All the best,
      Michael Kras.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2008 at 3:39 AM
    • Salmon Spawning

by ahiller Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 2:40 AM

I've seen several references to watching the salmon jumping during "spawning season" but I haven't been able to figure out exactly when that is. Anybody know the range? Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jul 31, 2006 at 10:46 AM
    • Cruise ship question

by Luddy Online Now Apr 7, 2006 at 10:15 AM

When we first visited Skagway (10 years ago) some days of the week had fewer (or no) cruise ships than others. I have heard this is no longer the case. When we visit this summer (driving) are there some days we should aim for when things will be less crowded??

Thanks!!

1 Answer Apr 7, 2006 at 2:51 PM
    • SUMMER IN SKAGWAY

by floridagirl06 Online Now Feb 25, 2006 at 7:02 PM

i've been vitually offered a job in skagway..... i've been there many many times as a cruise ship worker, spend the day shopping, touring, eating, doing laundry, whatever......... but never have lived and breathed there..... SO WHAT DO THE LOCALS DO AFTER THE SHOPS CLOSE? GO HOME AND SLEEP? what options are there? is there a one-theater theater near by? movies? what do we do, rent VHS and DVD? or go camping, campfire, fishing, hiking biking, what-what-what-what!!
      Please give advice on the "so-called nightlife" of skagway........ or, what to do on an "off" day - like take the ferry to Juneau for the day???????
      thanks very much - please hurry, i need to give an answer in 2 days.

4 Answers Oct 7, 2006 at 11:13 PM
    • clothes

by MERCER59 Online Now Jun 13, 2005 at 3:32 AM

we are traveling to alaska by cruise ship in september and was wondering how cold it is there and what clothes should we take

2 Answers Jun 15, 2005 at 10:36 PM
    • shopping

by MERCER59 Online Now Jun 13, 2005 at 2:03 AM

we are going on our first cruise in september and while my husband is of fishing or diving I would like to do some christmas shopping we are stopping at skagway juneau and ketchikan and we would like to do a dog slede and heli trip awhich one is better

5 Answers Jun 25, 2005 at 6:38 AM
    • ice diving

by MERCER59 Online Now Jun 13, 2005 at 1:59 AM

my husband and are doing our first cruise in september and he was hoping to some scuba diving and hints

1 Answer Jun 15, 2005 at 2:52 PM

by sseiderman Online Now Jul 24, 2003 at 6:21 PM

i am looking for a jeep for a day in june dod sledding salmon bake seeing bears good cheap tours in juneau,ketican ,skayway june 8,9,11

1 Answer Jan 13, 2004 at 9:25 PM