Situbondo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• North Sumatra

North Sumatra Province Jul 13, 2015 at 2:46 PM

I am planning a trip with my 16 yr old son, and have been invited to teach English in North Sumatra. I am wondering if you would advise this trip, as to safety? Pleaseee help me with any advice you have!

Kindly,
      Colleen

more
    • Transport around North Sumatra?

North Sumatra Province Jul 27, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Hi, we're planning on visiting Ketambe for a 4 day jungle trek, and from there go to Pulau Banyak Islands- what is the best way/method to get to Singkil to get the ferry please? And time for this trip?

After few days on the island we would then like to go to lake toba for a couple of days then on to Barastagi before going back to Medan - is this the best route to do? Time required from Singtel to lake toba? And cost?

Thanks

more
    • Bali with kids at christmas

Bali Jul 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Hi, just after advice on where is a good place to go for 2 weeks at Christmas wih a 2.5 year old. We know the weather will be wet? But how wet and should that put us off? Was thinking Ubud but hen heard Lombok is also good with kids.

For those that have traveled with toddlers, how did you get around, did you worry about car Sears? What are good locations?

Is there anywhere that is off the tourist path that might be quieter?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
      Meals

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Visas, payments and money exchange

Bali Yesterday

Hi hoping for some up to date advice...

1) Am I correct that since June 2015 the visa-free policy is granted to foreign nationals of 30 additional countries and this now includes the UK so we will not now need to pay the US 35 dollar entry visa fee?

2) Is there a charge for departing the country as I have also read that the departure tax should be included in flight price. I'm getting confused reading advice to other people, on different forums on other sites. Any up to date advice would be great.

3) I know it is best to change to IDR there so would you take GBP travellers cheques or cash?

Thanks JB

more
    • Two weeks in Bali 11 - 25 July, single traveller.

Bali Jul 5, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Hello all - I hope you can help me.

I've recently retired (with my wife still working) and she's given me the OK to head off to Bali and take advantage of a bargain airfare (only just booked today) and to escape the chill of the Melbourne winter (were both heading the Thailand and UK in September so she's not missing out).

I would love it if someone could give some ideas on where to go, how to get there and where stay over the two week period. I'm quite happy to stay in a quite few places, or use just a couple as a base to explore.

We've been to Bali a couple of times for "vegging out" type holidays and stayed in Tanjung Benoa & Sanur - so you'll gather that we're not really into the party / bar scene of Kuta and similar places.

I'm treating this as a bit of an adventure to do things fairly simply and relatively cheaply (i.e. I'm not bothered about 4 star hotels) and am quite happy to try out homestays / Airbnb type accommodation. The only real criteria being quiet, clean & comfortable with food provided or nearby.

I arrive fairly late on Saturday evening so though I might spend a couple of nights in Sanure as it is fairly close to the airport and I know the area.

Thanks for any help - although I accept it is on short notice.

more
    • MariaP65's Profile Photo

day trip to Gili's or.....

Lombok Jul 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM

wondering if day trips are enough to experience the Gili islands or should be spend a few nights and on what island? Gili T?
      the plan is the spend 3 nights Bali, 6 nights Lombok, 3 nights Gili T.... and can we leave from Gili T to DPS in one trip? flight leaves at 4pm international ... or should we get an airport hotel for the night before??
      Thanks alot
      M

more
    • Expected souvenirs

Indonesia Jul 20, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Hi, just wanna know what souvenirs do you happy to received from a friend from Indonesia? look forward to your replies. Cheers :)

more
    • we still confuse which is comfortable , Hire a Private Driver or Take a taxi meter ?

Bali Jul 10, 2015 at 3:09 AM

We planed to visit Bali on Next Setember 15 with all of our family 6 persons. We will stay in Seminyak Umalas Hotel . But now we still think twice about transpotations in Bali. As we have read alot of forums and Blog that said driving a scooter is not recommended even is cheaper some time got trouble with the cops. We have read recommended blog for a driver in Bali seminyakbalidriver.wordpress... it seem convinience for a day tour with private driver . But how about if we get to go short distance ? Do the taxi meter, that we read about bluebird taxi meter is cheaper way ? Or we keep charter the driver for whole time our stay in Seminyak ? Any suggestion please ?

more
    • Travel advice

Bali Jul 10, 2015 at 5:42 AM

With the volcanic ashes spewing do you think we should still stick to our plan of visiting Bali for week from 27th July to 2nd of august? Or we should postpone. Please advice. Thanks

more