Sittard Travel Answers

change location

Dinner time

by mr_austin Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 9:32 AM

hi, i've just joined VT. I haven't been to too many places as you can see. I'm thinking about making a big trip, maybe to Middelburg or Terschelling. Does anyone know if it's possible to have a shoarma dinner in those places? I hope to hear from you al. Thank U. Glenn

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Dinner time

by ATLC Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 11:33 AM

Hi, welcome to VT, Glenn. Why shoarma? It's about as exotic as een broodje kaas. I do think you should ask your question in the Middelburg and Terschelling forum. Then you will get the replies you are hoping for!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Dinner time

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 12:21 PM

Just made some shoarma myself tonight! For Middelburg: Grillroom Shoarma Sphinx Dam 23 4331GE Middelburg Pizzeria Shoarma Netanya Vlasmarkt 24 4331PE Middelburg Terschelling: Forget it (or ask Igraine) PJ

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 12:24 PM

PJ, serious as ever ! :-)

• sundancekid's Profile Photo

by sundancekid Online Now Apr 6, 2004 at 2:01 AM

C'mon PJ. Shoarma in NL, always and everywhere!

• vdoortje's Profile Photo

by vdoortje Online Now Apr 7, 2004 at 7:04 AM

Why come to Holland and eat Shoarma?? About every little city will have Shoarma restaurants!! Just look at the yellow pages in the phonebook! Don't be surprised that our Shoarme will be different from what you are used to! I had Shewarma in Egypt and it doesn't even look like what is served in Holland and the taste is quite different. It is like McDonalds: All the foods offered are adjusted to the local taste. But shoarma isn't Dutch (although liked very much!) Have a friet ( french fries, Dutch style) with a croquet, or a Fricandel Speciaal! Where I live they serve a Boerenfriet (farmers fries). That is French fries with Shoarma. I have no idea what the farmer has to do with it! But it is nice!! I guess to rural town where to get it is responsable for the lable: Boeren! I like the "Patatje Stoofvlees" they serve. It is French fries with stewed meat! Realy great! Shoarma in Holland??? Be careful with the garlic sauce!! Or maybe not!! The sauce eaten will ensure you a wide space in local transportation!! LOL! Dora.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines