Sitka

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transportation

Juneau Jul 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I'm arriving on a cruise ship and would like to see the Rie Munoz gallery. What is the best way to get there from the cruise ship and back?

Also, if I wanted to go to from the ship to the Gallery to the Glacier and then back to the ship, what is the best transportation. This ship arrives at 1pm.

more
    • Vacation in November

Fairbanks Jul 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Would I have enough to do in Fairbanks for 5 night visit in November?

more
    • Transportation from railroad to ship in Seward

Seward Jun 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM

What transportation is available from the railroad depot to the ship in Seward? What is the cost?

more
    • cbarbosa's Profile Photo

Juneau July 2014

Juneau Jun 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

hi there, Mid july : is it crowded in Juneau ? what hotel (quiet/ a bit remote/with all amedities/close to the water) would y'all recommend ?

more
    • Juneau for a day

Juneau Jun 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM

In Juneau 1-10pm, August 22. Will be renting a car to go to Mendenhall Glacier. Any suggestions on places to drive to see more of Juneau?

more
    • Historic sites in Sitka

by TonyBeth1 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Can you hop on and off a bus or other transportation to see the different historic sites?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • Relocating to Sitka, AK

by forbear Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Can someone explain the best way to get my car, dogs and cats from Denver, Colorado, to Sitka, Alaska? I don't understand the ferry system very well.

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    • AlexanderH5's Profile Photo

Anchorage to Sitka and back

by AlexanderH5 Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Hi,

I am planning a trip in June to Alaska to observe some of the historic sites (I research Russia's colonies in Alaska). My trip is only a week, but I would like to get from Anchorage to Sitka, then possibly to Kodiak , then back to Anchorage. Can ferries do this? What would be the least-expensive way? I will land and depart in Anchorage, so I need to be able to get back to anchorage. Any help or resources would be great.

-Alexander

4 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    • salmon

by cseats Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 7:24 AM

what are the best weeks to see the salmon run during the summer months?

1 Answer Mar 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    • A day in Sitka

by Mum_J Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 3:59 PM

We are visiting on a cruise ship for a day. Can anyone suggest what we should do, not miss, etc? I am not too keen on being railroaded onto organised mass excursions unless it's the only way to see an area.

Many thaks for any help.

3 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    • coming to sitka with a few hundred friends

by sodapop362 Online Now Jul 13, 2007 at 11:37 AM

We want to immerse ourselves in the culture of Sitka. We will be docking there in September 11, from 8 am to 5pm and would like to unload some pink dollars. Interested in events, history, tours, coffee shops, shopping, restaurants, fishing, anything you have to offer. We would love to support any local gay business, but we do not exclude any good services.

1 Answer Aug 31, 2007 at 11:47 PM
    • Month-long Lodging in SItka

by clairer Online Now Jun 15, 2003 at 6:47 PM

HI, I live on Unimak Island on the Aleutian chain, and will be travelling to Sitka in August for a month of medical training. Housing is provided for me, but I was interested in my husband coming with me as a vacation for us, and this would not be appropriate in the current group housing arrangement. Does anyone know of any reasonable weekly rate lodging? Preferably a place with a kitchenette? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thankyou for your consideration. Claire

2 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 2:39 PM