Sitges Travel Answers

change location

Sitges in April?

by TravelerApril Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Hi

We are visiting Barcelona for a week in early April. Wondering if Sitges is worth a visit for a day or overnight. It'd likely be a weeknight. During the day we'd like to stroll around, but at night it'd be fun to visit some bars that have people around. Is it dead in April?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Re: Sitges in April?

by oriettaIT Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I was there for a day trip from Barcellona in August 2008. I found it to be a lovely town, nice and with interesting stuff to visit. The beach is also very long and nice. I believe April will be too early for swim and sunbathing but I am sure it will be wonderful for a stroll along the water. I would definitely go back. Sorry cant help about night life there, we went back to Barcellona in time for dinner..
    Happy travel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

Re: Sitges in April?

by Belsaita Online Now Feb 25, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Sitges is never "dead", is a real town of about 25.000 inhabitants living there all year round. So, there is always bars open and there is always people around. However, as said above April is early for the beach so there will be few tourists (in my opinion, a much better time to enjoy the town during the day than in summer). But nightlife will be quiet except the weekend nights. You can easily visit during the day and return to Barcelona at night if you want more action.

• Re: Sitges in April?

by TravelerApril Online Now Feb 25, 2011 at 12:08 PM

That's for the input! A day trip sounds like the best idea.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines