Sitges Travel Answers

change location
Pomerol's Profile Photo

Sitges- Bars and restaurants

by Pomerol Online Now Jul 19, 2007 at 7:15 AM

I will be spending five days in Sitges in August with my family.

Any recommendations of restaurants that are off the tourist path. Also my 17-year-old son was wondering if there are any nightclubs worth a visit.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

Re: Sitges- Bars and restaurants

by Belsaita Online Now Jul 19, 2007 at 7:57 AM

I can't figure the words "Sitges" and "off the tourist path" and "August" on the same sentence ;o)

Sitges is a small place, so tourists are everywhere. This does not mean there may be good "local" places, but honestly I still have to find these (and I've been there many times).

However, your son is lucky as the best nightclubs of the area are there (even I'm a bit out of the circuit now so I can't give recent advice). You'll find flyers at the shops and pubs of the main streets of Sitges (around Cap de la Vila).

Quite different, but may be of your interest, there are usually summer open-air concerts at "Raco de la Calma" and "El Retiro" and maybe other places. Ask at the tourist office or at the city council on your arrival

If you want to go to a less touristy place, go to Vilanova i la Geltrú, the next town South. It will be busy in August of course, but it receives more Spanish tourism.

Have a look here: "Where I spent my childhood..." - Vilanova i la Geltru by Belsaita
    (yes, it's my Vilanova's VT page... shameless plug!)

By the way, in August there are many local festivals, depending on your travel dates: Vilanova around 5 August, Sitges, Cubelles and La Geltrú around 15 august, Vilafranca del Penedes by the end of the month (just to name a few)

Let me know if you like more info

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines