Sitges Travel Answers

change location

Vacation

by artiduggal Online Now May 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I am traveling with my husband and two children-aged 4 and 9 to SPain. We are thinking of spending few days in barcelona and then heading to Sitges for 5-6 days and stay at the Dolce Sigtes or any other resort there.

Please advise if my plan is good or any other suggestions?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Re: Vacation

by tango_jd Online Now May 31, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Depending on when you go, you may find that the crowds in Barcelona make it difficult when travelling with young children.
    We went to Barcelona in February one year, and found it a pleasantly warm, busy yet uncrowded place to visit. It was a wonderful trip.
    We returned on a day-trip from Tossa De Mar in June of that year to find it heaving with visitors and rather stressful to walk-around with young kids.
    I don't know Sitges I'm afraid. However, if you do want a more peaceful resort then I would recommend Tossa (rather than its noisy neighbour Lloret de Mar) as it was so relaxed.
    Nice beach, nice old town and town walls to explore, and a pleasant town to shop, eat or drink in. There is a ferry that connects a few of the coastal resorts which offers the chance to explore further afield. There is a bus service to/from Barcelona now I understand - when we were there we would have had to catch the bus to Lloret and then change to Barcelona.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Vikielynne's Profile Photo

by Vikielynne Online Now May 31, 2013 at 4:43 AM

I went to Sitges a few years ago and absolutely loved it. However, I don't know that there is enough to keep you entertained for 5-6 days. Depending on your time I'd spend more time in Barcelona (I adore BCN - stopped counting how many times I've been there). Yes it may be hot and crowded but there is so much to see and do. For the younger ones in your party I suggest a picnic at Parc Guell and a visit to Tibidabo - an amusement park, but more old fashioned. I did both my first trip to Barcelona and had a great time feeling like a kid again.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

by vichatherly Online Now May 31, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I enjoyed a few days in Sitges. The beach is lovley. Don't forget that you can always take the train back for a day trip to BCN.

• carlospuigsaenz's Profile Photo

by carlospuigsaenz Online Now Jun 9, 2013 at 6:14 AM

I am from Sitges. I absolutely recommend you to come visit but only for two or three days. Five or six is too much for the town's size... As long as you don't want to stay there and go to the beach for all that time, but you'd get tired! haha ;)

• Re: Vacation

by Natasha_K Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Hi! We went to Sitges last summer and I absolutly fell inlove wiith this small and charming town. Me and my boyfriend we didnĀ“t know where to stay so we decided to rent an apartment. We found one very comfortable and modern flat right at the city center near the beach. The agency we rented through was Blausitges, here is the link http://www.blausitges.com/. It was a lovely stay, we actiually planning to go back there this coming September. Cant wait! I hope you enjoyed your stay!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines