Sirmione

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Messori ready made men's suits

Milan Jul 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Does anyone know where there are shops selling these suits or ready made suits for tall(2 metres) men please?

more
    • Travel with busses in Mantova

Mantova Jul 21, 2014 at 3:14 AM

Hello i am going to live in Mantova next year and i want to know about travel with bus where can i find information about it or do you know ?

Thanks

more
    • Travel to Torbole

Limone sul Garda Jul 20, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi we will need to go to Torbole for canyoning day this Sunday for 8am start,
      Could you please advise best method and poss cost?
      Thank you, Mark,

more
    • Exploring The Como area by ferry

Lecco Jul 9, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Is the ferry system a good way to visit neighboring cities? And which ones are best?

more
    • staying in Lecco for the first week in August

Lecco Jul 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM

how is getting around to neighboring cities by the ferry system

more
    • Best seats at La Scala for the ballet

Milan Yesterday

What are the best seats to purchase for a ballet production if actually seeing the dancing is important to you?
      Thank you
      Brenda

more
    • order items from Milano after returning home.

Milan Jul 13, 2014 at 3:37 PM

How does one go about order items from a favorite store or stores in Milano once they have returned home?

more
    • Expo 2015 accomodations

Milano Jul 12, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Need help trying to find hotels near the expo site. Any suggestions?
      Accessibility to expo entrance is the most important factor.

Thanks

more
    • lpnieman's Profile Photo

best town to stay in on east or north side of the lake

Lago di Garda Jul 10, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I'm going to be heading from the Valpolicella wine region just outside of Verona to the Alpe di Siusi region of the Dolomites in early/mid-September and thought I would head over to Garda for a couple of nights. There seem to be a lot of great small towns and I can't decide which one to stay in. I am a photographer and, even more importantly, a travel agent seeking those hidden gems to send my clients to. I am personally pretty active (runner and hiker) so would like to spend a few hours doing something active, but also have a town with a good buzz about it - interesting sites, good restaurants. Currently, Riva del Garda and Torbole seem the most intriguing with Malcesine coming in next. Thoughts?

more
    • Lunch at Lake Maggiore

Lago Maggiore Jul 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Can anyone recommend a restaurant for lunch on the Lombardia side of Lake Maggiori between Angera and Laveno. Preferably a restaurant with atmosphere and good food.

more
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Luino by train or bus

Luino Jul 3, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Hi
      How easy is to get to Luino by train or bus?
      Thank you

more
    • Need to rent a car?

Lecco Jun 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM

My son is playing in the International Ultimate Frisbee tournament in July. I am staying at Hotel Lungolago Lecco. Should I rent a car to get to the fields which are 12 km south of Lecco on SS36? Or is there good public transportation to get me there? What would a taxi cost to get me there? Is there parking for Hotel Lungolago guests?

more
    • Adoro's Profile Photo

lake garda in combination with expo2015 ?

Milano Jun 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

When i want to combine 2 or 3 week summer holiday in august and/or september 2015 with visiting Expo 2015 in Milan, how can I make the best combination ?
      I think about camping San Francesco near Garda with shuttle-bus from Netherlands and visit Milano Expo by train ?

more
    • Lake Como Excursions

Bellagio Jun 24, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Anyone know of good excursions from Bellagio around Lake Como?

more
    • TRIP FOME ROME TO BRESCIA BY TRAIN

Brescia Jun 24, 2014 at 1:05 AM

TRAIN FROM ROME TO BRESCIA
      PRICE
      HOW MUCH TIME

more
    • travel to varenna

Varenna Jun 29, 2014 at 6:03 PM

We arrive at the s giovanni rail staion in como and are staying in varenna for four nights but unsure of travel options to get there.

more
    • Day trip to Mantova.

Mantova Jun 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I will be staying in Verona in late September and taking day trips.How long to you think we (myself & my cousin from New Zealand)should spend in Mantova it get an immpression of the City.All sugesstions would be helpful.

more
    • Milano Centrale taxis

Milano Jun 27, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I wiil arrive in Milan by train at Milano Centrale Station
      I`m worried to take a taxi, and I would like to know if there are official taxi stations at Milano Centrale ?

more
    • Girl Clothes

Milan Jul 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I am going to Milano in august for 1 week, what should I pack?

more
    • Parking in Bergamo

Bergamo Jul 12, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Please can you tell me if there are any parking for tourist near the funicular.

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

2 Days in Milan

Milan Jul 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I have got 2 days in Milan - can someone help me with an express itenary? I will be staying near the Milan Central Station for 2 nights.

I intend to cover Duomo and The Last Supper, please can you advise:
      - is it best to see Duomo in the morning?
      - how about The Last Supper? I am aware that this need to be booked ahead, can someone let me know the official website and how does that work?

Intend to also get some shopping done - what are hours for the shops in mid October?

Any useful tips appreciated. Thanks :)

more
    • Train to Malpensa, how to

Lago di Garda Jun 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Hello, I will be needing to get to the Malpensa Airport, Milan on August 17th NO later than 4:30pm Which is the best way to do this? Moderate fare, no private taxis, please!
      Gracias

more
    • 4 Days in Milan & Lakes Area

Lombardy Jul 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM

We have about 4 days to spend in Milan and Lakes area. We would like to spend a day in Milan but I am more interested in visiting Lake Como and Lake Maggoire. We will be using public transport so I am wondering where we should stay (I prefer not to have to move hotels over these days as it wastes time) that would be a great base for these trips? What would be the best places to visit to get a feel for this area (towns, villages, sites)?
      We would appreciate any suggestions :)

more
    • Sirmione to Milan

by pwj Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I need to get from Sirmione to Milan Garibaldi station to catch the 8.50am train to Paris. The train leaves Peschieri at 7.10, arriving MIlan centrale station 8.25am. Will I have time to get across to Garibaldi station for 8.50? Does anyone know how much a taxi is from Sirmione to milan garibaldi station?

4 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 1:53 AM
    • Sirmione from Bergamo Airport

by vickyhughes1991 Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Can someone advise me on the best ( and hopefully cheapest) way to do this journey please!? thanks!

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • Self Service Laundry

by dhguckert Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Self Service Laundry

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • liekje81's Profile Photo

busy in june?

by liekje81 Online Now May 15, 2014 at 5:50 AM

How busy is Sirmione in June? I see pictures of crowds, but that's in Summer. I hope it is less busy when we go...

4 Answers May 15, 2014 at 11:16 PM
    • liekje81's Profile Photo

bus schedule june

by liekje81 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 1:58 AM

I found a timetable for the bus from Verona to Sirmione. There are lots of busses to take, but I was wondering if in June they ride more or less frequent. Or can I take the schedule for working days, including saturdays?

5 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 4:29 AM
    • Day trip to sirmione

by marinosjm Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Is Sirmione a good place to visit for a day from if you are based in Verona on holidays in Februrary?
      Stephen
      Melbourne. Australia.

3 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    • the last supper

by irenemoore35 Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 5:35 AM

Hello we would like to visit milan to see do the trip which includes the last supper We would like to know about transport
      from sirmione to milan and back and what trip would be best there are four senior citizens
      Thank you Irene

8 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    • desenzano del garde to amlpensa

by AnnPeter Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Hello
      Can I buy the train ticket for this trip in one go or do I have to buy a ticket to milan and then buy another ticket to Malpensa when I arrive in Milan? I have booked a hotel at Malpensa for the night before our flight home. Thankyou

2 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM
    • verona to sirmione

by AnnPeter Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Hello
      We are arriving in Verona by train from Rome and need to get to Sirmione. I have read that you can get a train from Verona to Desenzano del Garde and then bus or taxi to Sirmione. My question is, is it very difficult to locate the train to Desenzano, does it leave from the main station that the Rome train comes into or from another station entirely? The hotel is quoting 80 euro for a pick up. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

3 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    • Train from Desenzano del Garda to Malpensa airport

by AnnPeter Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Hi there
      Is there a direct train from Desenzano del Garda to Malpensa airport?
      Many thanks

1 Answer Jun 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    • Backpacking family - train or car to head from Milan to Verona through Sirmione

by Danielef Online Now May 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Hi, everyone!

We will spend a couple of days in Milan in laste June and then will head east to Verona and Padova, but intended to spend a few hours in Sirmione. I could rent a car or take the train (consider that we will have our backpacks with us at this time since we will be moving to a different city), but I am concerned with two possible problems associated with each option - lack of parking space or lack of lockers at the train station. Any suggestions or ideas?

4 Answers May 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    • Train from Rome to Brescia or Verona?

by AnnPeter Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Hi everyone
      We will be staying in Sirmione for 4 nights in October and plan on taking the train from Rome to Brescia or Verona and then have a transfer from there to the hotel. What would be the other options to reach Sirmione? Thanks in advance

2 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    • Beaches

by AbbyWald Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Is the access to public beaches in Sirmione? What is the swimming like there?

• IrynaS's Profile Photo

we need good beaches

by IrynaS Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Travel in May with my boyfriend. tell me please good beaches in Sermione

2 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    • trains,planes.....?

by coljames Online Now Jun 12, 2012 at 3:58 AM

travelling to sermione this weekend[16th] for 1 week.... where could we catch a train to venice please?

6 Answers Jun 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM
    • transport

by mgatley Online Now Jan 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM

How do I travel from Malpensa airport to Sirmione - flight due to arrive about 1730?
      How to travel from Sirmione to Venice?

1 Answer Jan 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    • Sirmione Quayside sculpture

by amt1 Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Has anyone got any info on the sculpture by the quayside in Sirmione of a naked man walking on a naked woman? (this is a genuine question needing only genuine replies, thank you)

• Getting from Milan Malpensa to Sirmione if there is a train strike

by eske56 Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Hi, I am scheduled to arrive at Milan Malpensa airport on Sunday morning, Sept. 18. I understand a train strike is scheduled from 9:00 p.m. Saturday Sept 17 until 9:00 p.m. Sunday Sept 18. We had planned to take a bus from the airport to the Milano Centrale train station, then the train to Desenzano station. Hadn't decided the best way to into Sirmione from there.

So my questions, what are the options for getting into Sirmione from Desenzano train station. And second, what are the options to get there if in fact there is a train strike?

Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 2:27 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Looking for affordable accommodation.

by vtveen Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 2:54 AM

We intend to visit Lake Garda from September 23 till September 26 (3 nights). Looking for more or less affordable (and nice) accommodation - with at least breakfast - in or around Sirmione.

2 Answers Sep 12, 2011 at 2:57 AM
    • Where to stay in Sirmione ?

by starcat Online Now May 25, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Hi all ,

We are going the next month to Sirmione , I would be greatful for any information that help me to decide where to stay in Sirmione , Im confused between the following hotels :
      1-Eden Hotel , Sirmione Hotel ( in old town )
      2-Continetel Hotel , Olivi Hotel ( in the upper side of the old town )

If I go to hotels in option ( no 2) , is it safe to walk at night from the hotel to old town ?
      How far are these hotels ( no 2 ) from old town by walk ?

Last question , I have 2 kids4 & 7 , is it safe for them to swim in the lake or its better to stay in a hotel with swimming pool ?

Please help me .

Thank you

3 Answers May 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM
    • ChocoBill's Profile Photo

Sirmione - Ferry Service

by ChocoBill Online Now Jul 1, 2010 at 3:49 AM

I was told that to catch the boat which travels slowly all around the lake, we need to go to Desenzano. Which town is correct? Sirmoine or Desenzano?
      Thanks, Bill

4 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 4:08 AM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

our visit to sirmione

by lettychuffy Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Hi
      we are travelling next week to sirmione for 6 days
      we leave from malaga to begamo airport
      i would be so grateful for any information
      for example best and cheapest way to get to sirmione
      maybe where to visit
      and of course a nice cheap place to eat
      we are on a budget
      thanks letty

7 Answers Jun 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    • MSLIV's Profile Photo

MILAN-SIRMONE-VERONA

by MSLIV Online Now Jun 3, 2010 at 6:55 AM

2 WOMAN ARRIVING IN MILAN AND WANTING TO VISIT SIRMIONOE AND VERONA ON OUR WAY TO ROME.
      ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A DOABLE ITINERARY? WE LOVE TO WALK, WE ARE NOT PLANNING ON HAVIG A CAR, BUT WOULD LIKE TO ENJOY A MUCH AS POSSIBLE FROM THIS LOCATION.
      WHAT SUGGESTIONS DO ANY OF YOU HAVE FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIENC, WHAT HAVE YOU LIKED?
      HELP PLEASE.
      MSLIV

4 Answers Aug 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    • Terracotta in sirmione

by Fouinos Online Now Aug 11, 2008 at 4:22 AM

Je cherche adresse e-mail boutique (shop) vente (saling) terracotta in internet.
      please.
      from FOUINOS j.fouinos@libertysurf.fr

• BERGAMO AIRPORT TO SIRMIONE

by babysnuggles Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Further to my earlier question, I actually meant Bergamo (Milan) Airport and NOT Brescia Airport.

To reiterate, I need to best travel options to get from Bergamo Airport to Sirmione.

Thanks and sorry for the mistake.

3 Answers Jan 17, 2008 at 8:43 AM
    • BRESCIA AIRPORT TO SIRMIONE

by babysnuggles Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 7:06 AM

I need to get from Brescia Airport to Sirmione in June or July.

Is it possible to take a bus from the airport into Brescia centre and then catch a bus or train direct to Sirmione?

Or would I need to get the Ryanair bus into Milan centre? If so, what would I then need to get, are any buses or trains available into Sirmione from Milan?

Many thanks for any assistance.

• Jasper0522's Profile Photo

Hotel Catullo

by Jasper0522 Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 5:10 AM

If anybody has stayed the hotel with full board or half boad, could you please tell me what's the meal like.

6 Answers Aug 11, 2009 at 1:11 AM
    • marsi77's Profile Photo

Train to Sirmione

by marsi77 Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 12:13 AM

My friend will be travelling from Milan to Sirmione. However we are getting confused cause the train station in Sirmione is named Desenzano Del Garda. Is this where the train stops? So how should he reach Sirmione from Desenzano?

2 Answers Aug 21, 2007 at 6:44 AM
    • Transport to Sirmione?

by kilitrekker06 Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 3:39 AM

Willl be taking train from Venice to Peschiera del Garda. Any ideas of how to get from there to Sirmione? Will have 2 kids ages 9 and 11 with me. I hear there is a catamaran, but how often does it go? Any buses? Taxis?

2 Answers Jun 22, 2007 at 11:34 PM
    • Restaurants

by jwg Online Now Apr 17, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Will be in Sirmione in late May for 2 nights. Looking for recommendations for lunch and dinner places - water view preferred. Need not stay in Sirmione - willing to take a 30 minute ride or so to go to an interesting and fun place for a meal. Will have a car. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2007 at 7:32 PM