Siracusa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nature walks

by andyh1 Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 4:02 AM

Can any one recommend any walks or walk leaflets from Siracusa or day trips involving public transport for walks?
      Thank you
      Andy

14 Answers Yesterday
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

tour of the Natural Reserve Cava Grande Del Cassibile

by aussolo Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Does anyone have any information regarding a tour of this reserve. I do not drive whilst overseas and I have checked that it is too far to walk and the nearest town is Avola. any suggestions please?

thank you

11 Answers Yesterday
    • Siracusa to Pozzallo

by oldglobetrotter Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Is there a bus or train that will get you from Siracusa to Pozzallo by 8 in the morning for the ferry to Malta departing at approximately 9 in the morning? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

5 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM
    • Buying tickets for the Greek theatre in Syracuse

by dianay56 Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Can you advise on the best place to sit in order to hear and see the stage well? When we went to Verona, we saw an opera, only it was windy so we heard very little and were a long way from the stage.

3 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • Day trips by coach

by 1Carol8 Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Do you know the names of companies offering day trips from Siracusa? Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Where to stay

by tonilavin Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hello, we're flying into Catalonia airport for two weeks in September, its between Taormina and Syracuse at the moment where we are staying. I know where is best in Taormina but could somebody please advise on where is best to stay in Syracuse. We will be looking at self catering accommodation, so we don't need advice there just an area to base ourselves. We have two young children 2 and 3 so want to be walking distance from the night time entertainment. All we really need is a good choice of restaurants, i would like at least to be able to choose a different one each night.
      Thanks for any advice
      Toni

4 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

Barroco Train in Siracusa to Noto, Raguza and Modica

by diana_renou Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Hi everybody!!! I would like to make a reservation in the barroco train of Siracusa, but the email adress that they give doesnt work anymore. Does anybody know how to get a seat in the train? Many thanks for your help!!

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

From Siracusa to hotel Des Etrangers and Miramare in Ortigya

by diana_renou Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Hello everybody!! I dont know yet if I will go by train or bus from Catania to Siracusa. Does anybody know which is the best way and (cheapest) to go? And how to go from the train/bus station to Des Etrangers Hotel Passeggio Adorno, 10-12 in Ortigya Siracusa? Many thanks for any advice!!! Diana

2 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    • Parchi e giardini publici per bimbo

by stefanfarr Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Ciao saremo in Sicilia per pasqua - potete racomandarmi dei parchi gioco o giardini publici Che possiamo visitare con la Nostra bimba di 2 anni? Ho trovata villa Bellini a Catania ma volevamo trovare qual cosa piu vicino a Siracusa finche saremo allogiati li

Grazie
      Stefan

5 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Information on Siracusa/Informazione su Siracusa

by eaa966 Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I am an American college student looking for somewhere in Italy to study abroad for a year. I am interested in the Mediterranean Studies campus in Siracusa and am wondering if this is a good city for a college-aged person and not just a touristy city in terms of how friendly the locals are, nightlife, amount of things to do, etc.

Sono una studentessa americana e voglio studiare in Italia per un anno. Sono interessata a Siracusa e vorrei sapere se e' una buona citta' per una universitaria e no solo per i turisti, e se la gente di Siracusa e' simpatica e se ci sono molte cose da fare.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM
    • Swimming access for Siracusa in October

by feldallen Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I am staying in Siracusa for the first two weeks of October and would like to swim but will not have a car. How accessible are beaches by bus or taxi, what are the costs, and are the beaches open then?
      Are there other cities or town's in Sicily that have nearby beaches that would be better than Syracusa?

1 Answer Sep 13, 2011 at 2:23 AM
    • sulla's Profile Photo

Easter in Siracusa

by sulla Online Now Feb 1, 2011 at 3:10 PM

We're a couple with a 2 year old girl and we're planning on spending Easter in Sicily, and we were thinking that perhaps Siracusa is a good choice to spend the week? Or perhaps there are better ways to experience this special holiday season on the island? We're also looking for a suitable holiday rental apartment/villa. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

• Servizio trasporto con autista

by bellybutton Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Ciao!

Avrei bisogno di servizio trasporto con autista per 2 transfer:-

Catania Aeroporto - Brucoli Village
      Brucoli Village - Catania Aeroporto

per 8 adulti e due bambini

Mi sapete indicarne qualcuno?

Grazie mille!

Maria

2 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 3:17 AM
    • Day tours to Siracusa

by mamiepoppa Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 9:25 AM

4 of us will be traveling from Taormina to Siracusa on April 27, 2010 and would like to arrange an English language private day tour of Siracusa and Ortygia. We'd be leaving to spend the night in Ragusa. Can you help?

• BBBinder's Profile Photo

wireless interent

by BBBinder Online Now Jun 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I am going to be spending a week in Siracusa and two more weeks around other parts of Sicilia. I am wondering if anyone can comment on how easy it is to find free and public wireless internet?

2 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    • Vacanze Aretusa B&B

by raymodica Online Now Feb 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM

My wife and I are staying at the Vacanze Aretusa in Ortigia in May. Has anyone stayed there and how was your stay?

• Ernie44's Profile Photo

B&B or Apartment

by Ernie44 Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 12:02 PM

We are planing to go to Sicily and would like to spend a few days in Siracusa. Does anyone know of a B&B or of an Apartment for rent that would be reasonibly priced, the dates will be during the last week of September or the first week of October.

2 Answers Aug 16, 2007 at 8:08 PM
    • Brits or Americans in Ortigia ? Siracusa area to meet up with Maine couple Feb or Mar 06

by dtravelbug Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 6:21 AM

Hi, We are a mature couple ,visiting Sicily for two months Jan 26-Mar 28 2007... Would love to meet up with folks to socialize with. Our italian is very very ' molte pocco".But I will be practicing.It would be fun to have some local places suggested to us .We travel frequently and like to explore, but it's always nice to have someone point out areas to walk shop market etc.
      Is there an easy way to say i'd like half a pound of ham ?
      is it vorrei, metta/mezza kilo parma/procuito,por favore??
      yuo can see we need help. I hope trying counts . D & D

4 Answers Mar 8, 2007 at 2:29 AM
    • siracusa

by traveller81 Online Now May 6, 2006 at 4:15 AM

Hi. Im planning on travelling to Siracusa for the first time and I wanted to ask if anybody knows of any bed and breakfast or cheap accomodation that might be located near Hotel Panorama 33, V. Necropoli Grotticelle. The reason Im asking is because I plan to stay there for a course I am attending but I am thinking of taking my family along except they cant stay with me so I would like to find some place nearby where they can stay and we can explore the town together. Also how far is Oritgia from this place? I tried looking up maps but was completely lost! Thanks

3 Answers May 6, 2006 at 9:58 AM
    • From Noto to Palermo

by kaniko Online Now Aug 26, 2005 at 3:44 AM

Buon giorno!
      I and my husband will stay in Noto in September (for one week). Advice me, please, how we can go to Palermo for one day: in the morning - there, in the evening - back. How many it will cost?
      Grazie!

2 Answers Aug 28, 2005 at 9:43 PM
    • looking to meet Americans,Brits or English speaking Italians living in Siracusa area

by siviri Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 9:02 AM

I am an American woman and will be living in Noto as of June 21st. Are there any ex-Pats living in the area? Any English speaking Italians? I am of Italian heritage but am not very fluent (learning quickly) and need a good teacher!

3 Answers Jun 19, 2005 at 7:54 AM
    • Excursion to Mt Etna from Siracusa

by wandering786 Online Now Apr 15, 2005 at 3:25 PM

I am planning on spending 3 nights in Siracusa in June, 1st day is arrival from Central italy, 2nd day is to check out Siracusa , 3rd day I'd like to visit Mt Etna. Wanted to know the best way to do this from Siracusa-rent a car? Train? Or book a day tour? Ideally would like to hike up Etna a little bit as well

3 Answers May 3, 2005 at 2:56 AM
    • Canicattini Bagni

by Sinkovec Online Now Feb 23, 2005 at 8:28 AM

Hello! Does anyone know Canicattini Bagni more precisely? My grandfather lived there during the world war2 for 4 years. I would like to find out if that family still exist. Please help my with my problem, my grandfather would like to know some new news. Write me: sinkovec_@email.si Thanks a lot!

4 Answers Feb 24, 2005 at 9:43 AM
    • travel to Sicily

by jeff1946 Online Now Nov 25, 2004 at 10:37 AM

Hello all, My wife and I would like to visit Sicily the first week in February. I have heard that Siracusa is a nice city and would serve as a base for our 7-8 day stay. I'd love advice on the best way to do this...ie tour, self, airport to fly into, how to get to Siracusa and so forth. Any general advice will be most appreciated. Thank you, Jeff

4 Answers Feb 1, 2005 at 5:51 AM
    • HungryTraveler's Profile Photo

Need a Hotel near Punta Raisi

by HungryTraveler Online Now Sep 11, 2004 at 11:46 AM

Can anyone suggest a hotel near the airport? We have an early flight out and would like to stay near the airport. Thanks, John

2 Answers Sep 12, 2004 at 2:53 PM
    • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Accommodation in the centre

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 12, 2004 at 3:01 AM

OK, tickets are booked to Naxos in May but as my dad is an experienced Sicily traveller he wants to show us some other places and Siracusa is one of them. Since his favourite is Agrigento, he has no hotel tips for Siracusa. Do you??? All I can find on VT pages are cottages and things outside the city whereas we will make a day of the city and want to stay IN it. Not necessarily on Ortygia since I believe that's just expensive. We also plan to see the caves etc. and not just Ortygia. Have a five-year-old with us but are not TOO bothered about many stars, rather personal and clean. Anyone stayed at the Casa Mia B&B mentioned in Rough Guide??? Looks nice and has great location but probably crowded. What about the station area? As dodgy as many other station areas in Europe or perfectly safe?

3 Answers Mar 17, 2004 at 10:18 AM
    • charlotte-jane's Profile Photo

any work in siracusa?

by charlotte-jane Online Now Jun 29, 2003 at 4:24 PM

I am looking to stay a month in siracusa, end of july-end of august this year. does anyone hav any ideas of casual work there? bar/hotel/english teaching? im english, female, 31 and speak little italian (though learning!) cheers x

1 Answer Aug 9, 2003 at 6:00 AM