Siracusa Travel Answers

change location

Information on Siracusa/Informazione su Siracusa

by eaa966 Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I am an American college student looking for somewhere in Italy to study abroad for a year. I am interested in the Mediterranean Studies campus in Siracusa and am wondering if this is a good city for a college-aged person and not just a touristy city in terms of how friendly the locals are, nightlife, amount of things to do, etc.

Sono una studentessa americana e voglio studiare in Italia per un anno. Sono interessata a Siracusa e vorrei sapere se e' una buona citta' per una universitaria e no solo per i turisti, e se la gente di Siracusa e' simpatica e se ci sono molte cose da fare.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Ina08's Profile Photo

Re: Information on Siracusa/Informazione su Siracusa

by Ina08 Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Belle domande... dipende da cosa vuoi fare.

To answer your question: Since Siracusa is a university there are young people and therefore you should be ok in terms of getting to know people. People in Sicily are friendly, however they tend to mind their own businesses, so it might be possible that they are friendly but will not necessarily foster a closer acquaintance.
    That said, the whole contrary could also occur, if you meet people who are interested in other people.

As for doing things: that depends on what you are looking for. Tons of cultural stuff and certainly, once you know your way around, an interesting night life as well.

So, if you want more details, it might be a good idea to be more specific in terms of "things to do".

Hope this helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines