Siracusa Travel Answers

change location
Sjalen's Profile Photo

Accommodation in the centre

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 12, 2004 at 3:01 AM

OK, tickets are booked to Naxos in May but as my dad is an experienced Sicily traveller he wants to show us some other places and Siracusa is one of them. Since his favourite is Agrigento, he has no hotel tips for Siracusa. Do you??? All I can find on VT pages are cottages and things outside the city whereas we will make a day of the city and want to stay IN it. Not necessarily on Ortygia since I believe that's just expensive. We also plan to see the caves etc. and not just Ortygia. Have a five-year-old with us but are not TOO bothered about many stars, rather personal and clean. Anyone stayed at the Casa Mia B&B mentioned in Rough Guide??? Looks nice and has great location but probably crowded. What about the station area? As dodgy as many other station areas in Europe or perfectly safe?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • hmoitta's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in the centre

by hmoitta Online Now Feb 12, 2004 at 4:11 AM

when in Siracusa we stayed in a nice 3* hotel in a walking distance from the bus station and restaurants, check my Italy page for more information

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • joecooper's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in the centre

by joecooper Online Now Feb 13, 2004 at 5:49 AM

We stayed right by the train station. The station is perfectly safe but the hotel wasn't great.

• Re: Accommodation in the centre

by kumuwe Online Now Mar 17, 2004 at 10:18 AM

Hi, Have a look at this site: www.sicilyrentals.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines