Sipán

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Jacket for Peru Andes in May

Peru Feb 18, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Hello everyone! Glad to have found this forum!

I'm going to Peru in April and will under 3 months be traveling from Lima down to Arequipa and Cusco and then Into the jungle in north. I guess I won't have much use of a wind jacket on the coast or jungle but in the mountains on the other hand?

I have checked out these two wind jackets to wear as a top-layer:

1) catalog.bergans.com/clothing...

2) catalog.bergans.com/clothing...

I have tried them both out for a good price at two different stores but can't decide which is the right one. The first one is really thin and light (like a running jacket almost) but is apparently windproof. This one would be good for it's small packed size and weight. But I'm not sure if it will be enough. The second one is a bit thicker and more robust and also has more functions like ventilation-zips under the arms.

My dilemma is this: I don't want to bring a jacket that feels to overkill and just takes up place in my backpack but I still don't want to end up with a jacket that is really lightweight and compact but can't do the job. Which one do you think is the right choice?

Thanks a lot! smiley

more
    • worth visiting in march 2015?

Machu Picchu Feb 17, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Hi all,
      Planning on visiting cusco and doing the day trip to MP next month, however I have noted that the weather is likely to be wet. Has anyone had experience of MP in this weather? I am anxious of spending the money to go to see the amazing MP but being disappointed by poor visibility and being unable to take good photographs for the memory.
      Thank you in advance

more
    • Bringing main backpack or daypack on treks in Peru?

Peru Feb 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm going to Peru in April and am wondering if it is necessary to bring a smaller backpack to have on treks or if it works fine with the main backpack (it will be 60 l) ?

Anyone with experience? :)

Thank you!

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Tickets to enter mp

Machu Picchu Feb 16, 2015 at 6:23 AM

Investigating possible trip to mp in July and read it's advisable to buy your tickets to get into mp a day or so prior--we would be in Cuzco and I saw a reference to the ticket office. I was then looking at pix of mp in general and saw a reference that you must have a guide inside the grounds. So, question, is there a chance the tickets to mp could sell out? Do I need a guide to go in with us? We aren't wanting to do a trek, just enter mp. Thanks!

more
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

shoes to pack/wear

Machu Picchu Feb 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM

I am travelling round Peru inc walking the last part of the trek up to Machu Picchu so wondering what footwear is best. I am then moving to a small boat for a trip round the Galapagos and again wondering about footwear. I will be using a rucksack. Would full walking boots be best or lighter walking shoes or walking sandals.
      re boat would it be wise to take canvas shoes which can get wet then walk round the various islands.

more