Siofok Travel Answers

change location
ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo

Siofok in June?

by ThiagoRamos Online Now Jan 20, 2005 at 12:38 PM

Hi everybody!!! I´ll be visiting Hungary from June 1st. to June 6th. I was planning to spend a weekend on Siofok. Is it a good time to visit the lake? I mean: is it warm enough? What about nightlife? Is it good at this time of the year? Are most of the visitors hungarians or foreigners? Thanks for helping!!! Thiago

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • tangutica's Profile Photo

Re: Siofok in June?

by tangutica Online Now Jan 20, 2005 at 1:03 PM

Hi, It is a few years since I went there but I was staying on the shores of Lake Balaton. The people are very friendly tho hardly any of them speak English (and if you can learn Hungarian well I am impressed!). Most other tourists when I was there were German. There are some lovely places to see - I love the Spa at Heviz. I went in the June - the weather was warm and dry. The only problem (being so close to the lake) was MOSQUITOS! Major problem. The lake is covered with dead mozzie hatchings and they descend on you after dark in great numbers! I was surprised at the mediterranean climate there. I thought it would be colder. Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Gentleman75's Profile Photo

by Gentleman75 Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 3:46 AM

Hi Thiago, Very beginning of June is the end of the pre-season and start of the main-season. The temperature of the water depends on the spring. If the spring is warm enough the water will be warm, otherwise... The nightlife is excelleint in Siofok, but don't forget: Siofok is an expensive place - more expensive than any other place around the Lake Balaton. Siofok is the busiest city around the lake and the visitors are mostly from abroad. "Is it good at this time of the year?" I don't know. It depends on You. What do You like? What do You want to do?

by Gentleman75 Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 5:00 AM

Forgot to write: check my page about Siofok... :)))

• ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Siofok in June?

by ThiagoRamos Online Now Jan 22, 2005 at 7:32 PM

Hi Andras!!! Honestly, what I expect from Siofok is a good place to "rest" from the trip. I'll be travelling around Romania, Hungary, Czech republic and Poland for almost a month. My idea of resting is: 2 days with no trains schedules, no museums and no churches (please, don't get me wrong... I really enjoy all this stuff... that's the main idea of the trip!!!). Just beautiful women on the beaches and good places to go out at night. Loud music and drinks... So when I ask if it's a good time to go, what I fear is that I'm gonna arrive before the main season and the town may be empty. What do you think? Thanks for the tips. Great pages by the way... Take care!!!

Re: Re: Siofok in June?

by Gentleman75 Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 12:29 AM

I took the pictures, You can see on my Siofok page, in June 2004. The weather wasn't so good, therefore You cannot see any beautiful girl on the beach - the beach was empty then. The life in Siofok depends on the weather. If the Summer arrive early (in May), the party life will begin in June. Sorry, if it is a bad news for You!

• Re: Siofok in June?

by webster68 Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 7:23 AM

My favorite restaurant is http://www.dinerm.hu My favorite Pub is Renegade http://www.renegadepub.hu I hope will be warm enough :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines