Planning my wedding in Sintra next September. I'm trying to find a caterer in the area who could provide food for a BBQ for the day after the wedding. The size of the group would be roughly 60 people.
Also if anybody knew of a great local musician suitable for the wedding ceremony and cocktail reception that would be awesome.
Thanks so much!
I would like to buy fish and seahorse designed hand painted ceramics we saw in Sintra.The shop was on the left just above the bus parking area.
Best way to get to Jerez De La Frontera Spain from Sintra Portugal..Bus? And where can I look up timetable and cost? Thankyou in advance
Hi, I'm planning to go to Lisbon somewhere in March or April.
Normally I was about to visit Sintra as a day trip but the more I think about it, the more I'd like to stay for one or two nights. Like that I have time to wander around.
I 'm fund of beaches and especially rough ones (rocks, big waves, windy, not a lot of people ...)
Are there any in the neighborhood. I'm willing to do some hiking or rent a bike if necessary.
Thanks a lot
How can I find the phone number of this shop that sells hand painted tiles in Sintra?
I am looking for the telephone number for DUPI's tile shop in old town Sintra
restaurant on edge of Sintra - very old stone building - was used as accommodation by the king´s courtiers when king was hunting.
I will spend 2 days in Sintea at the beginning of September but I am just trying to decide if I should stay very close to the sea or stay at city centre and go to the beaches by bus. Whay would u propose? Is public transportation easy to take to go to the beaches? Thnxs in advance.
We would like to see Lagos, Sintra and Lisbon. We are trying to go from Lagos to Sintra directly, and then come back to Lisbon for our flight. Does this make sense or is it better to do Lagos-Lisbon-Sintra-and back to Lisbon for the flight?
Back packers budget of course :)
will be staying in sintra for a few days.is there way to see obidos,batalha, mafra in a single day?
where is a good hostel to stay for 2 nights? i looked at almaa,is this safe and a good location?
Is it easy to walk inside this castle? I'd like to visit it with my mother. She has some walking problems.
Yes, I am Portuguese, But I'm writing in english so everyone understands and can help me :)
I'm looking for an hotel with jacuzzi in the room, in Sintra or near Sintra. Anyone knows of any?
An hotel with a "Romantic Package" or sort of would be great, too.
Thank you very much!
My fiancée and I are traveling to Portugal this September for our honeymoon. Although I still have some planning to do, I have a pretty good idea of our itinerary. We are only there about eight days. I would love to stay longer but time does not allow.
The plan is to spend 3 days in Lisbon, and then head to Sintra for two nights. I know that from reading several comments that have been posted, the general consensus is that Sintra is a daytrip, however I am going to stay there for two nights – the nighttime in Sintra comes highly recommended from a friend of mine who says that Sintra is pretty magical in the night when everyone leaves. I think that having a relaxed quiet atmosphere in Sintra would be nice for us – hopefully we’ll be craving peace and quiet by then. Plus, our previous few days in Lisbon will be spent in the Bairro Alto neighborhood, which I am told has a nice vibrant city feel.
My question about Sintra is this: is it a good area for restaurants and wine? We certainly do enjoy the two, and if anyone could even recommend a couple of restaurants in Sintra that we could check out during our time there, that would be much appreciated. I don’t mind that it’s a daytrip locale, but I wouldn’t want to get there only to realize that there isn’t anything by way of cuisine for people who are spending the night. Any suggestions?
We are trying to decide whether it makes sense to stay in Sintra and take the train into Lisbon to tour.
We had heard Sintra was a very interesting place to stay, and thought we would stay all three days there and then just take the train into Lisbon when we wanted to tour Lisbon.
Does this make sense or are we better to stay in Lisbon and travel for a day to Sintra?
Thanks for your help!
I have a few questions regarding my upcoming trip to Sintra. Will visit on a Friday.
1. Bus 434 : can I get on & off the bus unlimited times? Or is it a one time usage. Some books say one thing while others say unlimited. I'm a bit confused.
2. It seems the guidebooks ask travellers to stop at the National Palace first, then Pena, then Moorish castle. Is it possible to go to Pena first, then Moorish castle, and finish with National Palace with the bus? Or this is only for walkers?
3. Also if I'm interested in visiting Quinta da Regaleira, how would I fit into the 3 locations that I've already mentioned?
Could any kind person tell me if there is a bus from Sintra to Praia das Macas and if so what is the number. Many thanks.
Anyone recommend a nice, atmospheric reasonably priced restaurant in Sintra for a small group of 14 pax?
The bus 434 from Sintra train station goes firstly to Moorish castle and then to Pena palace or vice versa (Pena palace -> Moorish castle ) ?
And what itinerary is downward for walking - from Moorish castle to Pena palace or from palace to Moorish castle ?
I'm sorry to repeat if this has already been asked, but I'm having some trouble finding information on budget accomodation in Sintra. There appear to be a couple of cheap-ish hostels, but beyond that I can't seem to find any listings of pensaos. From what I've read about Portugal, these are around everywhere, so I feel like I must not be looking in the right place. Does anyone have advice on cheap places (40 euros or less for a double room per night) that they have stayed in Sintra? Or where to look for listings of pensaos or other cheaper rooms?
Thanks for your help.
I know the best way to do sintra is by train but we are coming by car because we are continuing up the coast to Peniche. Is there any way we can park at the entrance to Sintra and do the 434 bus trip and then return to the car ?
Or is there another solution I haven't thought of yet?
don't have time to do a day trip and then return to Lisbon ,rent a car and continue.Help!
it is between sintra and lisbon?
or I need to take a local bus to get to the center of the town and how much is the bus ticket?
1) do I need to buy train ticket ahead of time or should I just get it the night before and then buy the time when I want to leave from sintra ?
2) do I still leave from Estação do Rossio at the Rossio in Lisbon? I read some mix coments from some post back in 2005 that this station was closed? is it open now?
3) if we have 3 ppl going, should I buy individual tickets or get a 10 tickets for train so I can use it for other day trips?
4) I read there are 4 PARKS T. all parks and palaces (valid for 2 days) 14 euros | Family 35 euros, does it include Palácio Nacional de Sintra,Palácio da Pena,Castelo dos Mouros,Monserrate Palace,Quinta da Regaleira, Seteais Palace or NOT? is it worth it to get it?
5) the earliest openning seems to be 9:30 even during oct, so should I take the 8AM train from lisbon or 8:30?
6) should I go up to the hill to Palácio da Pena and castelo dos mouros first by taking bus 434 right after I get off the train station or do the old town first then go up?
7) Seteais Palace right now is a hotel, so the visit should be quick correct?
8) Moorish Fountain , is it walking distance in town center? or do I need to take bus and how much are the bus tickets?
9)Monserrate Palace somewhere there was an comment that the palace is not open?
10)Quinta da Regaleira is it worth to go inside it is 10 euro kind of expensive
I know it is a lot of questions at once, so ty in advance for helping me out
Maybe anybody knows: what does it cost to go to Monastery dos Capuchos from Sintra centre (including 30-40 min waiting and return) ?
Is it possible to rent a car in Sintra? Please advise.
Is there rent a car in Sintra? May be anybody knows their mail or web ?
I would like to know if somebody has bought at Rossio Station a combine Bus+Train ticket for 1 day (price: 12 Euros) to go from Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais. I want to visit Sintra for 1 day and this is my planning:
- Train from Rossio to Sintra (1,70 €)
- From Sintra Station there is a bus No. 434 (4,50 € go and return) to go up to Da Pena Palace. I visit the Palace.
- I go down or take the bus No. 434 to Mouros Castle (Is it worth to visit it?)
- I keep on going down or by bus No. 434 to the National Palace. I take some photos of it because I'm not interested in visiting inside.
- I go on walking up to Quinta Regaleira and visit it.
- From Regaleira to Sintra Station and here take the bus No. 403 to go to Cabo de Rouca (which is the price?). I take some photos and take again bus No. 403 to Cascais (Is it valid the same ticket or I have to buy another one?)
- I visit Cascais and going for a walk I arrive at Estoril.
- Return train from Estoril to Cais do Sodré at Lisbon (price?)
Does anybody know if this combine ticket (12 Euros) include trains and those buses (403 y 434) I want to use ?
I know it would be better to spend more time but I only have 1 day to do the whole trip.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Going to Portugal for the first time as an adult (went every summer as a kid to be with family) for my honeymoon! Anyways, excited but looking for help. Is it possible to do the following route with public transportation (bus or train are fine) or are we better off renting a car?
We are staying in my family's house in Sintra and want to do the following:
Sintra>Obidos>Coimbra>sidetrip to visit family in Chipar di Cima (I think we've got this covered)>Porto
Any suggestions or tips are much appreciated! I am psyched to go back after all these years. Would it be better to rent a car? The idea was that once in Porto we would rent a car and drive to Gouveia to visit my dad's family and then just meander back to Lisbon and drop the car off at the airport there. Are we better off just renting a car the whole way? I remember gas prices being pretty atrocious as a child and can only imagine it's worse now.
I'm taking a large group to Lisbon end of Aug. Anyone have good info about train stations and their location in relation to the Ritz Carlton Penha Longa?