Sintra Travel Answers

change location

Sintra and restaurants

by x07afb Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM

My fiancée and I are traveling to Portugal this September for our honeymoon. Although I still have some planning to do, I have a pretty good idea of our itinerary. We are only there about eight days. I would love to stay longer but time does not allow.
The plan is to spend 3 days in Lisbon, and then head to Sintra for two nights. I know that from reading several comments that have been posted, the general consensus is that Sintra is a daytrip, however I am going to stay there for two nights – the nighttime in Sintra comes highly recommended from a friend of mine who says that Sintra is pretty magical in the night when everyone leaves. I think that having a relaxed quiet atmosphere in Sintra would be nice for us – hopefully we’ll be craving peace and quiet by then. Plus, our previous few days in Lisbon will be spent in the Bairro Alto neighborhood, which I am told has a nice vibrant city feel.
My question about Sintra is this: is it a good area for restaurants and wine? We certainly do enjoy the two, and if anyone could even recommend a couple of restaurants in Sintra that we could check out during our time there, that would be much appreciated. I don’t mind that it’s a daytrip locale, but I wouldn’t want to get there only to realize that there isn’t anything by way of cuisine for people who are spending the night. Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • monicarc's Profile Photo

Re: Sintra and restaurants

by monicarc Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 2:54 PM

check out my sintra page for a yummy place in sintra to eat!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • myriam_c's Profile Photo

Re: Sintra and restaurants

by myriam_c Online Now Aug 12, 2011 at 2:45 PM

A very good idea to spend two nights in Sintra. It is indeed a magical place after the daytrippers have gone.
    If you want to visit some of the palaces and gardens two days won't nearly be enough! We spent 5 days there this June (we also went to the beach) and we were never bored.
    As to restaurants, we found Tulhas to be good. Anyway, avoid Café de Paris: a real ripp of.

• Re: Sintra and restaurants

by Brunoandrade Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 7:03 AM

You should try the Ribeirinha de colares restaurant which is like 8 kms away from Sintra in the beach direction. If you are looking for a romantic place to stay just 5minutes walk to the Sintra historic centre Check out www.casadesaomiguel.com
    Have a Nice stay.
    Bruno

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines