Sintra Travel Answers

change location

Pensaos and Other Cheap Accomodation in Sintra

by LeonaR Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 6:30 AM

I'm sorry to repeat if this has already been asked, but I'm having some trouble finding information on budget accomodation in Sintra. There appear to be a couple of cheap-ish hostels, but beyond that I can't seem to find any listings of pensaos. From what I've read about Portugal, these are around everywhere, so I feel like I must not be looking in the right place. Does anyone have advice on cheap places (40 euros or less for a double room per night) that they have stayed in Sintra? Or where to look for listings of pensaos or other cheaper rooms?

Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • LoriPori's Profile Photo

Re: Pensaos and Other Cheap Accomodation in Sintra

by LoriPori Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 8:36 AM

I just looked at this website and it may be what you're looking for.
    It's www.HostelWorld.com
    You just type in portugal, then Sintra and the time you want to go and how many nights and a bunch of hostels/pensaos show up with prices and availability.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Pensaos and Other Cheap Accomodation in Sintra

by cubsur Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 1:13 AM

If you cannot find cheap accommodation in Sintra, Lisbon is only a €1,75 train ride away.

• Re: Pensaos and Other Cheap Accomodation in Sintra

by LeonaR Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Thanks for the replies, but I've actually already checked out hostelworld, hostelbooker, etc. I was trying to find listings of more local pensaos and such. The pensaos I've found in lisbon are much cheaper for a private room than the price for two people to have a private room at the hostels there. I was hoping this might be the same in Sintra.

by hireegy Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I have EXACTLY the same problem, exept that i'm aiming at the beaches of Praia de Maças, and of - I don't know the name - but the one West of Birre and Murches. They simply look GREAT, but why, oh why can't I find anything cheaper than 65€ per night to go next to these places! even IHA won't help there, although inside - and in the East of, of course, if only it was in the west it would still be possible to walk - Cascais it finds a room for only 200€ per week!! Beach proximity is just an abusive mean of robbery!

by spacehopper Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Hello,

Try these people tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

I stayed there when it was formerly Piela's and it was very cheap and clean hostal with shared bathrooms, but I can't vouch for the new owners.

Pielas has now moved 5 minutes down the road and is a very clean, friendly and family run rooms above a cafe. cafepielas.com/Pielas%20Cafe.... I think it was 45 euro's with a bathroom last time I stayed there but would be worth emailing them to check.

Maybe google search for 'Hostals Sintra' as they may be more what you are looking forward.

Once you get out at the trin station you are usually accosted by little ladies offering out there spare rooms so that might be another option.

Have fun and enjoy beautiful Sintra.

Spacehopper

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines