Sintra Travel Answers

change location
9tigers's Profile Photo

when I take the train ride from lisbon to sintra, will the train get off at the center of the town

by 9tigers Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM

or I need to take a local bus to get to the center of the town and how much is the bus ticket?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: when I take the trainat the center of the town

by leics Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 11:42 AM

The station is not in the centre of Sintra.

You could walk up the hill into the town centre (perhaps 15/20 minutes? Maybe 1km), or, obviously, take a taxi, but bus 434 follows a regular (every 40 minutes?) circular route which includes the station.

You can buy your ticket on the bus. Don't know how much it is, sorry...I just observed comings and goings, I did not actually take the bus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 9tigers's Profile Photo

Re: when I take the train ride from lisbon to sintra, will the train get off at the cent of the town

by 9tigers Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 11:51 AM

no prob for 15 mins we can walk up :)

• Redang's Profile Photo

Re: when I take the train

by Redang Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM

No, you have to walk for around 20 minutes, so, if you want to save money, just walk; another story is Pena Palace, in this case, you should take the bus.

• leics's Profile Photo

at the center of the town

by leics Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM

It is more-or-less all uphill, but if you take it steady there should be no problem.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

when I take the train ride from lisbon to sintra, will the train get off at the center of the town

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM

It is very nice walk up from the train station to the palace, albeit slightly uphill. I would say 1 km is about right. If you then decide to walk up to the castle, it would be a good warm up...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines