Sintra Travel Answers

change location
9tigers's Profile Photo

many question regarding day trip from lisbon to Sintra

by 9tigers Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 8:27 AM

1) do I need to buy train ticket ahead of time or should I just get it the night before and then buy the time when I want to leave from sintra ?
2) do I still leave from Estação do Rossio at the Rossio in Lisbon? I read some mix coments from some post back in 2005 that this station was closed? is it open now?
3) if we have 3 ppl going, should I buy individual tickets or get a 10 tickets for train so I can use it for other day trips?
4) I read there are 4 PARKS T. all parks and palaces (valid for 2 days) 14 euros | Family 35 euros, does it include Palácio Nacional de Sintra,Palácio da Pena,Castelo dos Mouros,Monserrate Palace,Quinta da Regaleira, Seteais Palace or NOT? is it worth it to get it?
5) the earliest openning seems to be 9:30 even during oct, so should I take the 8AM train from lisbon or 8:30?
6) should I go up to the hill to Palácio da Pena and castelo dos mouros first by taking bus 434 right after I get off the train station or do the old town first then go up?

7) Seteais Palace right now is a hotel, so the visit should be quick correct?
8) Moorish Fountain , is it walking distance in town center? or do I need to take bus and how much are the bus tickets?
9)Monserrate Palace somewhere there was an comment that the palace is not open?
10)Quinta da Regaleira is it worth to go inside it is 10 euro kind of expensive

I know it is a lot of questions at once, so ty in advance for helping me out

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Re: many question regarding day trip from lisbon to Sintra

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Hello.

1) You can buy the tickets right before you leave on the ticket machines at the train station
    2) Yes. Estação do Rossio is now open again and it will lead you to Sintra (last station of the line)

You will take near 50m from Rossio to Sintra.

Other questions I don't really know the answer, hope someone else can help you!

Have a good trip

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rafi.of.gali.gali's Profile Photo

by rafi.of.gali.gali Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Hi,
    I really can't help you with timetable / ticket details, but for organizing purposes, you should save a day for Sintra. It's really not to be missed.

These days Seteais is a 5 star hotel. Nice front garden (very quick visit).

Quinta da Regaleira is certainly NOT to be missed. (here you'll spend easily 2 and a half hours).

Cheers,
    Rafi

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

by 9tigers Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 6:24 AM

ty all so much

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines