Sintra Travel Answers

change location

Sintra/ Cascais/ Estoril

by joanamopa Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Hi!

I would like to know if somebody has bought at Rossio Station a combine Bus+Train ticket for 1 day (price: 12 Euros) to go from Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais. I want to visit Sintra for 1 day and this is my planning:

- Train from Rossio to Sintra (1,70 €)
- From Sintra Station there is a bus No. 434 (4,50 € go and return) to go up to Da Pena Palace. I visit the Palace.
- I go down or take the bus No. 434 to Mouros Castle (Is it worth to visit it?)
- I keep on going down or by bus No. 434 to the National Palace. I take some photos of it because I'm not interested in visiting inside.
- I go on walking up to Quinta Regaleira and visit it.
- From Regaleira to Sintra Station and here take the bus No. 403 to go to Cabo de Rouca (which is the price?). I take some photos and take again bus No. 403 to Cascais (Is it valid the same ticket or I have to buy another one?)
- I visit Cascais and going for a walk I arrive at Estoril.
- Return train from Estoril to Cais do Sodré at Lisbon (price?)

Does anybody know if this combine ticket (12 Euros) include trains and those buses (403 y 434) I want to use ?

I know it would be better to spend more time but I only have 1 day to do the whole trip.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: Sintra/ Cascais/ Estoril

by Roadquill Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Most people walk from the Palacio da Pena to the Castelo dos Mouros. It is a pleasant walk downhill, and probably takes 10-15 minutes. From what I recall there was a combined ticket for both the Palace and the Castle. Can't help you with the transportation as we took a taxi from Cascais, about 18 euro and walked everyplace in Sintra. Karl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM

"From Regaleira to Sintra Station and here take the bus No. 403 to go to Cabo de Rouca (which is the price?). I take some photos and take again bus No. 403 to Cascais (Is it valid the same ticket or I have to buy another one?)"

I did that trip in June. The 403 is a very interesting bus ride and get a seat at the very front if you can! I did not have the pass, so paid two bus fares having got off to walk at Cabo da Roca for a couple of hours. I forget exactly what I paid but I think it was less than 3 Euros each time. I paid €1,70 each way on the train, so my total cost was less than the one day pass.

The one day train and bus pass (cost €12,00) includes the
    Lisboa Cais do Sodré »» Cascais rail line
    Lisboa Rossio »» Sintra rail line
    Lisboa Alcântara »» Lisboa Oriente (Parque das Nações) rail line

Na Scotturb este bilhete é válido em toda a nossa rede de autocarros, à excepção do serviço urbano de Cascais – busCas, Giros e Villa Express. Meaning it is valid on all Scotturb buses except the local buses in Cascais and the Villa Express around Sintra.

I hope that helps.

• solopes's Profile Photo

by solopes Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Don't buy any combined ticket - buses in Cascais and Sintra belong to another company (http://www.scotturb.com/ptindex.htm)and are not included. The cheapest way is to use single tickets in all the legs, or to buy a daily ticket from Scotturb, in the bus, for 10 €, covering all trips between Cascais, Sintra and Cabo da Roca.

From Pena to Castelo dos Mouros is a short walk. Unless the weather is bad don't wait for the bus.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines