Sintra Travel Answers

change location

Trains to/from Sintra - Lisbon

by laurajoaz Online Now Jul 23, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I'm taking a large group to Lisbon end of Aug. Anyone have good info about train stations and their location in relation to the Ritz Carlton Penha Longa?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: Trains to/from Sintra - Lisbon

by puerto_lover Online Now Jul 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Have a look at this page:
    penhalonga.com/contacts_goog...
    It gives some guidance about the location etc. It would seem that some organisation is required ! Its roughly midway between Sintra and Cascais.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • alza's Profile Photo

Re: Trains to/from Sintra - Lisbon

by alza Online Now Jul 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Thought it would be a cinch to reply but I have to agree with PuertoLover... from Hotel Penha Longa, some planning is required. Check out the link he gave you for your hotel, seems you can email the concierge for help in planning transportation.
    I recently went to Sintra from Rossio Station in Lisbon, back same day. It's about 30 minutes one-way and very pleasant.

The Penha Longa is very close to Linho, which is 5 minutes to Sintra, where you take the train to Lisbon. You arrive at Rossio Train Station in the heart of Lisbon. Below is a link to the English schedule of trains from Sintra to Lisbon (practically a train every 20 minutes.)

cp.pt/cp/searchTimetable.do?...

You can probably arrange transportation by minibus or van(s) from your hotel in Linho, to Sintra. The concierge will know the best way out and back.

Enjoy yourselves!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines