Sintra Travel Answers

change location
Mahieu's Profile Photo

how to get around in Sintra?

by Mahieu Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 4:38 AM

I'd like to visit Sintra when coming to Lisbon. I know how to get there by train,but once I'm in Sintra, can everything be explored on foot? Or are the must-sees far away from each other? Thanks! Els

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Leester's Profile Photo

Re: how to get around in Sintra?

by Leester Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 7:42 AM

From what I recall, you can easily walk everywhere. We drove there in a rental car, parked it and spent the day walking. I think the only thing we drove to is a hike to some ruins that are close to Sintra. But I am pretty sure there is a bus or shuttle from somewhere central in Sintra to where you start that hike. I can remember passing buses on the twisty road up to there. There are plenty of shops and restaurants and patios and cafes just down from the castle.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: Re: how to get around in Sintra?

by Dabs Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 8:49 AM

From the train station, we picked up a bus that had an all day pass where you can get on and off, it stopped at all of the major sites. Sintra is on hilly terrain, from the train station it was an uphill climb so I was glad we used the bus This website has a nice overview of the attractions in Sintra and what days they are closed, the palaces are closed on different days portugalvirtual.pt/_tourism/...

• zizkov's Profile Photo

Re: how to get around in Sintra?

by zizkov Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 11:49 AM

The centre is about 10 minutes walk from the train station. Unless you are very fit you really want the bus to the Palace. I walked down from the Palace and even that was quite a hike. There was an information office just outside the train station.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines