Sintra Travel Answers

change location
styxgirl's Profile Photo

hostel

by styxgirl Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM

where is a good hostel to stay for 2 nights? i looked at almaa,is this safe and a good location?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: hostel

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I have not stayed at the Almaa hostel but the location is very good if you want a quiet and laid back location. It's a little out of town, but Sintra is not a place you go for bustling nightlife anyway so i would say that the place should be ok. And if you feel like a bit of hustle and bustle then you can just hop on the little train from sintra to central Lisbon.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • solopes's Profile Photo

by solopes Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Almaa is a youth hostel, located in the park, close to Seteais, 2km from town, and (I think) only with shared bathrooms. In the same level of price you have Nice Way Sintra Palace, closer to the centre, and with more options concerning bedrooms. Staying two days in Sintra you will visit the palace and Regaleira (in the centre), and Pena, Seteias and Monserrate needing public transport, no mather where you stay. With time, beaches are also minutes away, Lisbon or Cascais only a little bit more.

• styxgirl's Profile Photo

by styxgirl Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

thank you for the help.i will be staying a few days in lisbon but like to stay in towns and get the feel of them. so i want to stay a few nights in sintra. i also plan to go to evora and tomar from lisbon.i think 2 days in sintra will be able to everything plus a visit to queluz.would you suggerst a trip to mafra or that too much and is it worth it? after leaving portugal, i will be going to timeshare near malaga, spain. have you been there?any help is appreciated stay safe,linda

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Evora and Tomar are surely worth the trip. When going to Tomar try to make a stop, even if it's very short, at the Batalha monestary which is really fantastic.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines