Travel Answers
Sint Maarten

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• beebee9's Profile Photo

Hotel Riu Palace St Martin (former Radisson Blu)

by beebee9 Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Radisson Blu is now Hotel Riu Palace St Martin. Has anyone been there since the change? Please post your reviews, is there any construction going on? How is the new management? Any Pros / Cons are appreciated.

Thank you

3 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • St Maarten beaches

by gbucky Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM

What is best for family with 10 and 8 yr olds? and how to get there from cruise ship?

1 Answer Jun 27, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    • St. Maarten v. St. John

by sboyles Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Our family (2 adults, 2 children, ages 10 and 14) is planning a spring break trip and can't decide whether to go to St. Maarten or St. John. We haven't been to either. We enjoy the beach and would likely rent a condo/villa in either place instead of staying in a hotel. We'd also like to visit other nearby islands on day trips, if transportation is possible. Any thoughts?

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    • Some info please

by Ziz12 Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I want to go to Sint Maarten for my Honeymoon, is that a right choice ? Is there a lot to do there for couples ? Does anybody know a guide or someone there, who can help me selecting some places ? Thanks

• Leather Bags

by stmartingal Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Can you find Louis Vitton bags in SXM?

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • St Marteen vacation June 2014

by wilcox81 Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM

What are the best hotels. Looking for a beach, ocean view from room, want a stove/refrigerator, gambling-restaurant-bars-fitness centers on site. Walking distance to shops/eateries/etc. Would need a low priced car rental for a week. Any help?

1 Answer Dec 20, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    • Shopping on Front Street

by Gruema Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Where can I find high end scotch on Front street?

1 Answer Nov 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • SIdesk's Profile Photo

best french food

by SIdesk Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Where is the best french food

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • woolly0465

by woolly65 Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM

is there any wildlife on the island of st.maarten?

3 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    • Entry Requirements - Misdemeanor

by anguillavacationer77 Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM

If I have a misdemeanor on my record (United States), will I be denied access to Saint Martin?

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    • Traveling In October

by Soldmen48 Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I will be traveling in October, and I am curious if stores and restaurants will be open?

2 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • AngelS106's Profile Photo

From St Maarten to Aruba

by AngelS106 Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM

how can I go (not flying) from sint Maarten to Aruba may be boat? if yes how much it cost and how long it takes.
      thank you

4 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    • AngelS106's Profile Photo

From St Maarten to Aruba

by AngelS106 Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I am traveling from NY to St Maarten, from there to Aruba and then back home.
      Tickets are expensive. I was thinking if anyone knows of a cheaper way to go from st maarten to Aruba (may be a boat)?
      Also I have one extra day in between without a room....so I have the choice of staying in Maarten and rent a room for extra night or go to Aruba and rent a room there for one night before my actual week. helppppppppp

• Mosquitos in Terres Basses

by alisonstew Online Now May 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM

We are planning a trip to St Martin in July. We have been coming to the island for ten or more years but have predominately stayed in Grande Case, Orient, and Anse Marcel. This year my husband and I decided to rent a villa in Terres Basses. Our only experience in this area has been at a resort. My question is if the mosquitos are worse in this area? I have read a few reviews online and it seems that many villas in Terres Basses are plagued by mosquitos. Could it be worse in this area and if so I would rent something in the French Cul de Sac. HELP!

2 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    • HaydenJ's Profile Photo

Games in family vacation

by HaydenJ Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Looking for some best ways to enjoy a family vacation in st maarten

1 Answer Apr 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • Aafia's Profile Photo

Baby supplies

by Aafia Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM

We'll be travelling to St Martin in the near future with family members including a 4 month old grand daughter. Her parents are hoping to not have to tote a week's supply of disposable diapers/nappies with them. Are these easily obtained in the supermarkets on the island?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    • travelling to st barths from st martin

by bienafaith Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 5:32 AM

hello there, im travelling to st barths and transitting by st martin.
      im wondering how to get to the ferry port from SXM st martin
      airport and how far would it take to get there.

thank you

4 Answers Feb 11, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    • Judygiselle's Profile Photo

Marigot cafe drinking glass . . .

by Judygiselle Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM

On my recent visit to Sint Maarten, I had a drink at one of the
      outdoor cafes. I admired the beautiful glass in which it was served:
      a clear glass with a pink design. I was told that it might be available
      at a Marigot market. We could not find it. Can anyone help with information
      about a source for purchasing these drinking glasses? One of them had a
      small pink strawberry in the design, another had some French script.
      Thank you.

• hotels on the dutch side?

by wanderlusters Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Me and my wife are looking for a hotel on the south/Dutch side of St. marten for March. My family owns a time share there (RCI/divi/little bay). Our weeks are in August so that is almost impossible. I saw a couple of deals on livingsocial and groupon(is it ok to mention that here?). The places in question are the Sonesta great bay beach and sonesta maho. One of those is RIGHT next to the airport. We were wondering if it is too loud. Also if anyone has any better suggestions, I am open for anything. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    • DougC23's Profile Photo

Cycling around St. Maarten?

by DougC23 Online Now Dec 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I'm looking to visit St. Maarten next month and I'm on a budget. I would like to avoid renting a car and I hear the buses are not very good. Are the roads safe for bike riding? I figured I could just ride around the island but I'm not sure if the traffic is dangerous.

3 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    • 2 Week Intinerary in St. Barts, St. Maarten and Anguilla

by bobandmidge Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 2 week itinerary for these 3 islands? Can any of the 3 be skipped? Best food, snorkeling? Affordable accomodations?

• two best neighborhoods

by zenos Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I am hoping to visit Sint Maarten some time in the near future. I would like to rent out a villa and I would like to know the best neighborhoods on both sides of the island. I'm talking safety, not worried about shopping or nightlife, I csn drive to that.

1 Answer Feb 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    • Jazz/Blues/Soul Clubs

by glennc6012 Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Hi,
      It seems that there a number of music clubs in St. Maarten but is there any that have live Jazz, Blues or Soul bands ?

• Best beaches and resturants in the Island

by sgracewski Online Now May 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM

We will traveling this summer to St Maarten would like to rent a car from the best company, great resturants and best beaches to snorkel at? We will only be there 8 hours

2 Answers May 31, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    • to ST Bart

by vickyjf44 Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Hi,

We will be arriving at 8 am in a cruiseship and would like to visit St Bart, we must be back in Sint Maarten by 2pm. Would like to know how to get to St Bart and back. Thank you!

5 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    • St. Bart's to St. Maarten

by aaminian Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Hi all! My wife and I will need to get from St. Bart's to St. Maarten on Sunday, April 3 to catch a 4:20pm flight back to the states. What's the best/most cost effective way to travel between the islands that would allow us to make our flight? Thanks!

8 Answers Mar 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    • First Timer

by Bec1278 Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Whch is a better choice royal beach resort or the atrium
      hows the weather in early may
      any suggestions on must do things first time visiting the island

• MadAboutParis's Profile Photo

Non-Beach Hotel?

by MadAboutParis Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Planning an R&R vacation but not interested in the beach. We would like to be within walking distance of restaurants and perhaps a movie theatre...any suggestions? Merci!

• dollar per euro restaurants

by dandjudy Online Now Jan 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Any suggestions for restaurants that accept dollars one for one for euros?

1 Answer Jan 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    • Westin Dawn Beach locations

by dandjudy Online Now Jan 8, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I understand there are 3 hotel facilities that use the Westin Dawn Beach address. Can someone give me advice as to which has the better rooms and locations? Does one have better access to the French side and are the facilities and rooms as nice as the others?

1 Answer Jan 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM