Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• student year abroad

Karlsruhe Nov 16, 2015 at 6:47 AM

hi i am thinking about my year abroad for university and was looking at karlsruhe. i was wondering what the student life was like there? would it be a good place to spend my year or should i look at regensburg

• Planning to visit Schiller NationalMuseum in Marbach, Germany. Which hotel should we book?

Marbach Nov 19, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Dear sirs:

My husband, Troy is a descendant of Friedrich von Schiller. Read more about it at

We have made a special trip to come to visit Schiller Nationalmuseum in Marbach. It seems to us there are no hotel in Marbach, Germany and we found your hotel names “Friedrich von Schiller”.

We are planning to take the train from Weimar to Marbach, Germany on Dec. 3, 2015, scheduling arrive at the train station about 7:30pm or 8:30 pm. We are going to Weimar first the day before.

We are going to catch a train to Munich on Dec. 4, 2015 in the afternoon about 3:00PM

I have done my research and find 2 hotels for now:

1. Romantik Hotel Friedrich von Schiller

Marktplatz 4+5, 74321 Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany –

We like this one because it is named after my husband's multi-grandfather. It looks very nice but a bit pricy.

2. Hotel & Restaurant Goldener Pflug

Dorfstraße 2-6 , 71636 Ludwigsburg, Germany –

I think that this one is closer to the museum and price is better, including breakfast.

If you have experience, can you recommend?

1. What train station are they close to? Ludwigsburg? Bietigheim-Bissingen?

2. How far is the train station to the hotels? Can we walk? How should we get to you?

3. We have very limited time being there. We are concerned due to our very tight schedule, we probably should stay in Ludwigsburg or Marbach if there are hotels there. Can you recommend? What do you think?

4. How far are they from Schiller Nationalmuseum? Can we take train to get there?

5. How often is the train since we have to get back to the hotel to pick up our luggage to catch a train to Munich.

6. If we decide to rent a car at your hotel when we arrive and return the car in Munich, Germany. Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

In God We Trust!

Jesus’ Blessings,

Irene Anderson

• Frankfurt to Stuttgart

Stuttgart Nov 21, 2015 at 11:11 PM

I am traveling to Stuttgart from Delhi. I am planning to take a direct flight from Delhi to Frankfurt and take a train from there to Stuttgart. It seems like I can catch a train from the Frankfurt Airport Station to Stuttgart HBF (DB Bahn, 20 EUR.) I am writing this to ask if it is as easy as it sounds or is there anything I need to keep in mind (For E.g: I will have some baggage - Around 30 Kgs so it wont be great idea if involves a lot of walking/taking pubic transport/if there is a baggage restriction on the trains)