Singapore Travel Answers

change location
susanpingu's Profile Photo

Mature travel partner for SW China

by susanpingu Online Now Apr 23, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Just wanted to see if there is anyone who might be interested in going to that part of China, and specifically with trekking Tiger Leaping Gorge, which is one of the deepest gorges in the world. The trek itself takes at least two days, but I would like to do it in three days, because the scenery is gorgeous and there are numerous guesthouses along the way. Basically anyone who is of average fitness and like walking is able to hike Tiger Leaping Gorge.
Of course, there is no shortage of attractions in SW China (the best will be in the itinerary, including Jiuzhaigou and Tibetan culture) but the trek will be the highlight because it is something I want to do before my legs give out ;-). A good time would be either Oct this year or April next year.
I have already been to the parts of China around Shanghai, Beijing and Shenzhen, so this time around my plan is to concentrate on Yunnan and Sichuan. I usually stayed in hostels and took public transportation in my previous China visits, and expect this time will be no different.

I have also cross-posted in China and Malaysia forums. Pls post your response here or PM me, thanks.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Singapore Travel Answer Locations